Demo troubleshooting

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Demo troubleshooting

Postby kschoice » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:27 am

Post your questions here if you have problems running Full Ace demo. Please ensure that your question hasn't already been asked (and even answered) before posting it.

Tom
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Demo troubleshooting

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I'm one of the players having trouble playing the demo. It works until I start the first tutorial. As soon as the player makes the splitstep the game crashes. Haven't got a clue what the problem is though...

I've added a file that came with the error report. Haven't got a clue if it's of any worth to you.

My system:
CPU: AMD Athlon 2500+
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics card: ATI Sapphire 9200
Windows: XP

It's 5 years old now, so that might be a problem, although I doubt it.

Another thing, is there an uninstall file with the demo, or will removing the files remove the complete demo? Just so I know trying to install it again can work, or if it still uses some old registery-files or something.

Game looks promising though, keep up the good work. [file name=66b_appcompat.txt size=10940]http://www.galactic-gaming-guild.com/images/fbfiles/files/66b_appcompat.txt[/file]

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Tom wrote:I'm one of the players having trouble playing the demo. It works until I start the first tutorial. As soon as the player makes the splitstep the game crashes. Haven't got a clue what the problem is though...

I've added a file that came with the error report. Haven't got a clue if it's of any worth to you.

My system:
CPU: AMD Athlon 2500+
Memory: 1 GB
Graphics card: ATI Sapphire 9200
Windows: XP

It's 5 years old now, so that might be a problem, although I doubt it.

I doubt it also. Thank you for this description of your PC, what would really be useful is if you could download GLView there : http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/index.html, and send the results as a XML file to our postmaster mail address (link at the bottom of the page).

Another thing, is there an uninstall file with the demo, or will removing the files remove the complete demo? Just so I know trying to install it again can work, or if it still uses some old registery-files or something.

The game is fully contained in the directory tree you create when unzipping.

Game looks promising though, keep up the good work.

Thank you

Tom
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tom » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:19 pm

Thanks for the quick comeback. I've sent the - hopefully right - document to the e-mailaddress.

The failed results of the test:

...Legacy PFD creation.:
SetPixelFormat ID:3 failed: De bewerking is voltooid.

Temporary context creation failed: De bewerking is voltooid.
- 640 x 480, 32 (AAx0)

...DestroyWindow:
ReleaseDC failed: Ongeldige DC (device context)-ingang.

'De bewerking is voltooid.' means 'The operation has finished'
'Ongeldige DC (device context)-ingang.' means 'Invalid DC (device context)-entry'

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 am

The demo download on the site has been updated with some fixes that allows it to work on more computers.

kyuuji
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby kyuuji » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 am

Can we try the game by playing a match ? I've finished the tutorial and I want to see how it is with games and set.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:43 am

kyuuji wrote:Can we try the game by playing a match ? I've finished the tutorial and I want to see how it is with games and set.

Hopefully soon

SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby SlicerITST » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:57 pm

I tried the new beta. Cant say much about it yet (probably more in 24 hours). I just found some bugs. I cant finish the volley lesson with my coach. The same problem Rob had before. Whatever i do i cant get past the last volley. The exhibition link is still grayed out. I guess thats because i have to finish the training first but after 20 minutes of trying to finish the volley lesson i quit for the evening.

I like the way you can now switch from your forehand to your backhand and the other way around more easily. Thats a sweet animation :).

Anyways, ill come back after ive managed to play a game against the computer.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:52 am

SlicerITST wrote:I cant finish the volley lesson with my coach. The same problem Rob had before.

We have to talk about that. It surprises me very much.

SlicerITST wrote:The exhibition link is still grayed out. I guess thats because i have to finish the training first but after 20 minutes of trying to finish the volley lesson i quit for the evening.

No, the grayed links mean you haven't installed your license properly. Have you copied the license file you got in the "Download-info" mail in your game folder ?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:02 pm

SlicerITST wrote:I just found some bugs. I cant finish the volley lesson with my coach. The same problem Rob had before. Whatever i do i cant get past the last volley.

We have uploaded a new version of the beta that should fix the problem. You can get it using your Download-Id.

SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby SlicerITST » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:18 am

My bad. I had read the mail until the download link of the game and not further :blush: . I guess not including it in the download is because of security reasons. Ill try out the new version of the game now. Here are some things i came across which might be of interest:

In the exhibition match you play in a band of the stands appeared on the bottom of your screen if you moved to the baseline and beyond. For me thats annoying. I guess its not a big one, i could learn to live with it.
Sometimes my opponent would return a serve with a hard shot. These where for me impossible to reach. Granted, i only played the game for 30 minutes so if i get better at the game this problem might not be present anymore. I could see it becoming a problem when your opponent returns with a hard shot down the line. Ill do some more investigating by playing it.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:52 pm

SlicerITST wrote:In the exhibition match you play in a band of the stands appeared on the bottom of your screen if you moved to the baseline and beyond. For me thats annoying. I guess its not a big one, i could learn to live with it.

I agree it's not cool. Will be fixed.

SlicerITST wrote:Sometimes my opponent would return a serve with a hard shot. These where for me impossible to reach. Granted, i only played the game for 30 minutes so if i get better at the game this problem might not be present anymore. I could see it becoming a problem when your opponent returns with a hard shot down the line. Ill do some more investigating by playing it.

I guess we will have the opportunity to have deep discussions about the gameplay. I intend Full Ace to be a challenge, and that character abilities matter. Therefore it is deliberate that your opponents will be able to hit strokes that you can't reach. Of course it's a matter of balance so that they don't keep hitting them again and again without putting the ball out. I know that the habit of tennis games (and sports in general) is that you can reach any ball and beat your opponent whoever both characters are, but I intend to break that. Only then you can struggle to win matches and that's the point of playing, isn't it ? ;)

[MDQ]FERCHU
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby [MDQ]FERCHU » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:44 pm

I finally could play the game, its a good game, the prepare right and left its a good thing. But i think it should not be able in the return serve, cause it takes to much time, to prepare yourself and then hitting, i also think the volley is really sloppy. Animation bad, and really hard to shot. The smash thing is really good, the rest is rather good.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:44 am

[MDQ]FERCHU wrote:I finally could play the game, its a good game, the prepare right and left its a good thing. But i think it should not be able in the return serve, cause it takes to much time, to prepare yourself and then hitting, i also think the volley is really sloppy. Animation bad, and really hard to shot. The smash thing is really good, the rest is rather good.

Thank you for your feedback. Obviously there is still much room for progress, and I agree with you on the volley. Finding the right balance for return serve is tough, because I am concerned not to make it too easy either.

I just hope the beta is enough to show the game potential. I guess it is because you still seem to like the game overall. :)

Vicencio
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Vicencio » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:06 am

I can't even run tutorial... the game suddenly crashes... I attached a screenshot... and the dump file... I hope they're useful.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”