Problems to run Full Ace[Fixed]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Problems to run Full Ace[Fixed]

Postby Lerner » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Hello, first thing I want to congratulate you all for the new game. But, I have a problem to run it. After I downloaded the beta version and tried to run the game, I got this message:
"Full Ace can't run. This is probably because your OpenGL driver lacks features".
What should I do?
Thanks, Lerner

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problems to run Full Ace

Postby kschoice » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:15 pm

Lerner wrote:Hello, first thing I want to congratulate you all for the new game. But, I have a problem to run it. After I downloaded the beta version and tried to run the game, I got this message:
"Full Ace can't run. This is probably because your OpenGL driver lacks features".
What should I do?
Thanks, Lerner

Hello, thank you for your support.
What kind of hardware do you have ? Did you update your graphics drivers recently ?

Arnon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Arnon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:32 am

Hi. I have the same problem as Lerner. Here's what run>dxdiag shows:

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series (0x5A62)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_C1011631&REV_00
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Page File: 457MB used, 1706MB available

Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6587

Other games, like Dream Match Tennis, work fine with this system. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:49 am

Arnon wrote:Hi. I have the same problem as Lerner. Here's what run>dxdiag shows:

Other games, like Dream Match Tennis, work fine with this system. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks.

Full Ace works with OpenGL as opposed to DirectX.
I've found this about your graphics card : http://fixthe200m.wordpress.com/2006/07/07/my-story/
Your card should be well enough to run the game, if only you manage to install drivers that deal with OpenGL properly.

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:40 am

Hello everybody,
As kschoice told me to do, I updated my graphics drivers, and then I could run the game.
But, when I entered the game and tried to play it (I entered the tourial mode), I saw on the screen lots of colors in many shape, the screen became a mess, and the game didn't work.
I changed the resolution all the time but I saw the same thing on the screen in every resolution.
My card name is: ATI RADEON 9600, is it suitable for this game?
Thanks, Lerner

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:45 am

Lerner wrote:Hello everybody,
As kschoice told me to do, I updated my graphics drivers, and then I could run the game.
But, when I entered the game and tried to play it (I entered the tourial mode), I saw on the screen lots of colors in many shape, the screen became a mess, and the game didn't work.
I changed the resolution all the time but I saw the same thing on the screen in every resolution.
My card name is: ATI RADEON 9600, is it suitable for this game?
Thanks, Lerner

ATI RADEON 9600 should be great for running the game, but it's weird you've updated from an Xpress200M to a 9600.

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:12 am

Hello kschoice,
I didn't say I updated from an Xpress200M to a 9600, this is what I had from the start.
I entered the game another time and what I understood is that the game works, but I can't see it. I can hear the shots and the see the instructions for the first "lesson", but I also see a white screen and I can't really play the game.
What do you think is the main problem?
Thanks, Lerner

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:30 am

Lerner wrote:Hello kschoice,
I didn't say I updated from an Xpress200M to a 9600, this is what I had from the start.
I entered the game another time and what I understood is that the game works, but I can't see it. I can hear the shots and the see the instructions for the first "lesson", but I also see a white screen and I can't really play the game.
What do you think is the main problem?
Thanks, Lerner

As of now, I have no clue. Unfortunately, we don't have an ATI testing machine since my laptop died.
In the tutorial menu, can you see the tennis court view ?

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:25 pm

In the tourial menu, I can see the menu and the court view, but when I click on "play", I see the court for just 1 second and then the screen becomes a mess with lots of colors (probably the colors of the court) in many shapes. Then, I can only see the instructions for the current "lesson". If I click on a key of the keyboard, I hear the shot but all the screen becomes white. Actually, the game works but I can't see anything of it.

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:39 pm

[file name=Doc1.doc size=51712]http://www.fullacetennis.com/images/fbfiles/files/Doc1.doc[/file]
I added here a file with what I see (the mess screen). I hope you can see it and that it will help.
Remember that after this image, If I click on a key of the keyboard I see a white screen, but the game keeps run.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:45 pm

Lerner wrote:[file name=Doc1.doc size=51712]http://www.fullacetennis.com/images/fbfiles/files/Doc1.doc[/file]
I added here a file with what I see (the mess screen). I hope you can see it and that it will help.
Remember that after this image, If I click on a key of the keyboard I see a white screen, but the game keeps run.

This kind of bugs is particularly hard to fix, since I don't have a computer hand that reproduces it, and especially since it probably is a problem in the OpenGL driver. Nonetheless, I'll see what I can do.

Arnon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Arnon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:01 pm

kschoice wrote:
Arnon wrote:Hi. I have the same problem as Lerner. Here's what run>dxdiag shows:

Full Ace works with OpenGL as opposed to DirectX.
I've found this about your graphics card : http://fixthe200m.wordpress.com/2006/07/07/my-story/
Your card should be well enough to run the game, if only you manage to install drivers that deal with OpenGL properly.

Thanks. Would you recommend a decent graphic driver for my system? I'm kind of illiterate when it comes to drivers.

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello kschoice, I don't really know about the OpenGL driver. Do I need to download it?
or is the problem caused because of resolution?
Thanks, Lerner

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:26 pm

Lerner wrote:Hello kschoice, I don't really know about the OpenGL driver. Do I need to download it?
or is the problem caused because of resolution?
Thanks, Lerner

Please refer to "For those with ATI video cards..." topic for further instructions.

Lerner
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Lerner » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:42 pm

Hello kscohice, it is me again, Lerner.
Vicencio adviced me to install the 9.3.1 version of ATI catalyst but nothing changed. Still, I couldn't see the game.
Do you think it is something in the settings or is it because I have windows XP (I saw somewhere that OpenGL driver doesn't support it)?
Hope you can help me,
Lerner

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”