Some problems/questions about player editor[Fixed]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Some problems/questions about player editor[Fixed]

Postby fabsan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello,

I noticed two things after spending some time into editing players. I'm not sure if this is normal or intended, or if it's perhaps something like a bug:

- Since version 2.4.6, I cannot move the players' position (index) in the editor's list. This was possible before, I could drag & drop the players in the list to any other Position...

- I have edited and created some more players (so that there are totally about 300...). When I now chose "Tournament" in Main Menu, and select some of the last players in the list, they are marked in the list and seem to be accepted, but in spite of that, after clicking "start tournament" they are not in the draw... even if it's the player I chosed to play with, and even if those players were selected randomly by the AI before. I tried this about ten times with different tournaments, the result was always the same, and once the game crashed totally directly after "start tournament" (The crash.jpg shows the palyers selection screen).

Is there possibly a maximum number of players to be created ?

Greets

fabsan

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some problems/questions about player editor

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:45 pm

fabsan wrote:- Since version 2.4.6, I cannot move the players' position (index) in the editor's list. This was possible before, I could drag & drop the players in the list to any other Position...

I indeed removed this possibility in v2.4.6. Problem is, if you messed with the order, and I would add new player parameters in the future, they will be initialized randomly in your database.

fabsan wrote:- I have edited and created some more players (so that there are totally about 300...). When I now chose "Tournament" in Main Menu, and select some of the last players in the list, they are marked in the list and seem to be accepted, but in spite of that, after clicking "start tournament" they are not in the draw... even if it's the player I chosed to play with, and even if those players were selected randomly by the AI before. I tried this about ten times with different tournaments, the result was always the same, and once the game crashed totally directly after "start tournament" (The crash.jpg shows the palyers selection screen).

Is there possibly a maximum number of players to be created ?

Those things are not normal at all. I will look into them, I may have to ask you for more information.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:43 pm

I think I found the problem, but as I just released a version, I'd rather not release a new one immediately just for that. If you can't wait until the next update, I could provide you with an altered executable (that would also be a good way to make sure the problem is really fixed). Let me know what you think.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:07 pm

May I suggest an auto update .exe like Dream Match Tennis? That way it would be easier for us to stay up-to-date.

Of course, having the link is not a bad option either. Yet, an auto-updater upon the click of a mouse button would be even neater! :wink:
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:34 pm

q. reese wrote:May I suggest an auto update .exe like Dream Match Tennis? That way it would be easier for us to stay up-to-date.

Of course, having the link is not a bad option either. Yet, an auto-updater upon the click of a mouse button would be even neater! :wink:

Yes, but that subject has already been brought up and you should create a new topic rather than bring up a new subject in a topic meant for a specific problem, please.

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:36 pm

kchoice, thanks for fast answer,

of course I can wait untill next updates.
If you have some altered executable, which should be tested, i would check it out of course.
Alternatively I could provide you the edited data.fas, if it helps.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 pm

fabsan wrote:kchoice, thanks for fast answer,

of course I can wait untill next updates.
If you have some altered executable, which should be tested, i would check it out of course.
Alternatively I could provide you the edited data.fas, if it helps.

I just emailed the executable to you.

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:58 pm

Problem solved. Thanks again for the great support!

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:13 am

kschoice wrote:
q. reese wrote:May I suggest an auto update .exe like Dream Match Tennis? That way it would be easier for us to stay up-to-date.

Yes, but that subject has already been brought up and you should create a new topic rather than bring up a new subject in a topic meant for a specific problem, please.

That was not my objective, hence why I did not create one. As stated, it was brought up already. So, that would have been ineffective any way. Point well-taken though.
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”