Full version disappearing?[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Full version disappearing?[solved]

Postby TennisL0ver » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:27 pm

I installed the newest versions and it seems that I cant access my savegames anymore,and none of the full version features.I had to reinstall the whole game and I made modifications on players,courts,and menus,who were all lost because of that crash.

Any solution?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Full version disappearing?

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:41 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:I installed the newest versions and it seems that I cant access my savegames anymore,and none of the full version features.I had to reinstall the whole game and I made modifications on players,courts,and menus,who were all lost because of that crash.

Any solution?

There is no reason installing a new version would corrupt your personal files, as they are not touched when updating. You should have kept them no matter what happened.
The new version introduces new graphical options that are listed in the SETTINGS menu, but they seem to cause crashes with certain hardware (and their seemingly poorly-written OpenGL drivers). Disabling them all would probably solve your problem.

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:48 pm

It's like i m playing the demo version,while my licence file is in..what can I do?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:51 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:It's like i m playing the demo version,while my licence file is in..what can I do?

What happens exactly ? Are full version features missing, grayed, or does it crash when you try to access them ?

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:54 pm

it s like they r not even grayed,not even appearing at all.the licence file is in the game folder,as it needs to be,but i cant even see the players( i can only see 4 of them )in the editor.

It s like i used to play before buying the game

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:07 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:it s like they r not even grayed,not even appearing at all.the licence file is in the game folder,as it needs to be,but i cant even see the players( i can only see 4 of them )in the editor.

It s like i used to play before buying the game

So, what did you do in order to upload the game ? Download the demo ?

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:25 pm

yes

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:27 pm

TennisL0ver wrote:yes

You need to download the updated version with the same link you downloaded the game when you bought it. If you haven't kept it, use the LICENCE link on www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to have it sent back.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:25 am

Earlier this morning, I did the following (hopefully, it will work for you):

[1] Find the email that says "Full Licence"
a) There, you should find a link that says "download the full version"
b) If you cannot find the email, use the licence link on the Galactic Gaming Guild website

[2] Dowload the full version of the game (45.33 MB) under a different name (i.e. "Full-Ace 3.0.2")

[3] Unzip to a SEPERATE folder (i.e. "Full-Ace 3.0.2")
a) If done properly, you should see your licence in the root director of the game folder (NEVER COPY AND PASTE YOUR OLD LICENCE FROM YOUR OLD FOLDER)

[4] Create a folder titled "Save" into your "Data" folder (will look like \Data\Save)
a) Copy and paste all your "saveXXXX.fas" files from your old version's save folder into your new version's \Data\Save folder

[5] Back-up your "data.fas" file AND rename your new version's data.fas file to "data1.fas"
a) Copy and paste your old version's "data.fas" into your \Data folder

[6] Now run the new full version game

[7] You should see all options, Season, Exhibition, Tournament, etc. If not, you did something wrong

[8] If you see all full version options, click on season
a) You should see Federer and the game SHOULD NOT CRASH IF YOU START A NEW TEST SEASON.

[9] If it crashes, load the game again (A SUGGESTION THAT WORKED FOR ME)
a) This time, click "SETTINGS"
b) Disable "Shader Rendering"

[10] Re-test 8, and 8a!

You should be all good! :mrgreen:

Note: 9, 9a, and 9b was found by myself through an email that kschoice suggested I should check. Please understand that I am not saying that we all have to implement steps 9 through 9b.

I hope this was helpful. I can see the shade move from left to right on the Mulberry court! Nice. :D
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am

Some remarks :

q. reese wrote:(NEVER COPY AND PASTE YOUR OLD LICENCE FROM YOUR OLD FOLDER)

There is no need to, but if you do, it should not harm either.

q. reese wrote:[4] Create a folder titled "Save" into your "Data" folder (will look like \Data\Save)
a) Copy and paste all your "saveXXXX.fas" files from your old version's save folder into your new version's \Data\Save folder

This could be simplified as "Copy and paste your 'Save' folder from the 'Data' folder of your old version to the new version".

q. reese wrote:[5]rename your new version's data.fas file to "data1.fas"

This is not mandatory. If you haven't run the new version yet, there would be no data.fas there. And even if you ran and there is one, you may as well overwrite it as it doesn't hold any particular information over data_original.fas.
You may also want to copy 'options.fas' in order to keep your configuration settings.

Apart from that, I advise users to always proceed this way when installing a major update, in order to both ensure that you don't lose any personal data (even though I'm doing my best to avoid that, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side), and that you always keep the previous version as a fall-back in case you experiment problems with the new version and have to ask me for a fix.

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Thank you so much guys!My game is now working again :-) even though i have to restart my season and re do my little graphic patch( background images and stuff.

If I may ask,has anyone the updated list of players and courts?I lost all my data and cant be bothered to do it again?

Thanks again guys

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 am

kschoice wrote:Some remarks :

q. reese wrote:(NEVER COPY AND PASTE YOUR OLD LICENCE FROM YOUR OLD FOLDER)

There is no need to, but if you do, it should not harm either.

q. reese wrote:[4] Create a folder titled "Save" into your "Data" folder (will look like \Data\Save)

This could be simplified as "Copy and paste your 'Save' folder from the 'Data' folder of your old version to the new version".

q. reese wrote:[5]rename your new version's data.fas file to "data1.fas"

This is not mandatory. If you haven't run the new version yet, there would be no data.fas there. And even if you ran and there is one, you may as well overwrite it as it doesn't hold any particular information over data_original.fas.
You may also want to copy 'options.fas' in order to keep your configuration settings.

Apart from that, I advise users to always proceed this way when installing a major update, in order to both ensure that you don't lose any personal data (even though I'm doing my best to avoid that, it doesn't hurt to be on the safe side), and that you always keep the previous version as a fall-back in case you experiment problems with the new version and have to ask me for a fix.

My wordings were suggested (I did not make it like "gold," as if they had to follow it to the "T"); but, more than anything it is what I did to get the game working. So, I am very much happy to share EXACTLY what I did to do so. I'm sorry I did not "word" it the way you wanted it to be. I tried. :mrgreen:

The fact that it worked and is still working . . . . That is the most important thing! :D

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:01 am

TennisL0ver wrote:Thank you so much guys!My game is now working again :-) even though i have to restart my season and re do my little graphic patch( background images and stuff.

If I may ask,has anyone the updated list of players and courts?I lost all my data and cant be bothered to do it again?

Thanks again guys

I suggest to rename the data.fas file that you have in your \Data folder to data1.fas. I only say this; because, if you decide to copy and paste the EDITED data.fas with the real players and court names, you will have the original data.fas file saved as "data1.fas" as well. You also will have the data_original.fas file too. So, you will be covered both ways.

This is what I did, and I see the real players and courts! I hope that works for you buddy! :D

Oh, by the way, you are very much welcome for the help! :P

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”