Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)[fixed]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)

Postby rummenigge87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 pm

by the way, the poor framerate was from previous versions (as i could played it) and now too (as playinf in training)

keep the good work, this game is so far the best tennis game i've played, asi its an improvement and more challenging that Dream Match Tennis Pro, and Super Tennis (SNES)

witha little bigger budget, am shure this will kick the ass of VIrtua Tennis 2009 (oh what a dissapinting game, i uninstalled in leass that a week) and Top Spin

Mikol
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Mikol » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:14 pm

Great, last update correct my video issue.

Many thanks to Kschoice for correcting this strange issue.

But no time to loose, tennis is waiting for me (or me for tennis ...)

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 am

rummenigge87 wrote:all right man, understood. respect :wink:

Hello rummenigge87,

I agree with you in part. I many of times let the admin here know that when we voice ourselves that he at times is a bit stern. It seems as if he "belittles" us when we are in fact trying to help him.

At times, I did not even want to share feedback. However, I push for the rest of the community. In this way, I take the "punishment" of words coming from the admin. He is not like this all the time but most of times with us.

However, I do understand that he is under extreme stress and have to answer to all the problems he has for the game. The only critique I have is that the older versions work absolutely fine; but, when he updates it, all of the sudden it is a problem. At most times, he says our computer is the problem?!

What?! :D

My computer can run Tribes Vengeance with no problem (full antiliasing, etc.). Top Spin 1 and 2 can do the same, as well as Virtua Tennis 1, 3, and 2009. No problem! So, it is not my computer, or most of our computers for our parts, I think it is the tester.

Yet, I am willing to fully support him, as long as he is not so harsh when we voice ourselves. If anything, it is to help his company. Also, I am willing to "dum-down" the latest version to play the game and wait for a solution to a graphical feature that used to work in the older versions.

No problem, I guess! :D Because this happened on a frequent basis, I got smart and started to copy and paste the older version of the game to my flash drive. The main folder on my hard drive will be for the new version of the game. Just in case the game did not function as before, I would play the older version on my flash and await a newer update to try out on my hard drive.

Now, I see that the Full Ace game tells you to back-up your older game before downloading the new version. That's great! Nice kschoice!

Last but not least, we must work together to make this game an absolute charm! Respect is key to a successful community, especially when a game is newly developed.

I look to support kschoice and his game as long as I physically can. That is why I bought the game immediately! I want to help the guy out!
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:05 pm

q. reese wrote:I agree with you in part. I many of times let the admin here know that when we voice ourselves that he at times is a bit stern. It seems as if he "belittles" us when we are in fact trying to help him.

I'm sorry, q, but you're calling this upon yourself : funny thing is, as I said, people privately praise me for my patience and tact, and to be frank, they told me this especially about how I deal with you in particular. I think most of rummenigge's attack was based on the fact he thought I was a common user, but now that he knows I am the game creator, he seems to be cool with the way I talk here. So yes, I "belittle" others here, because I made this game and I'm in charge of it, and in the end I'm the one who knows what's going on behind the curtains and ultimately makes the decisions, and takes full responsibility for them.
Do you think other game creators are less stern in the way they're talking with their users ? Oh sorry, most game creators don't even care conversing with the players. For once, you can directly talk to someone who's making a game you like and he cares enough to answer all inquiries. Don't be too demanding, and don't overuse it.

q. reese wrote:The only critique I have is that the older versions work absolutely fine; but, when he updates it, all of the sudden it is a problem. At most times, he says our computer is the problem?!

What?!

My computer can run Tribes Vengeance with no problem (full antiliasing, etc.). Top Spin 1 and 2 can do the same, as well as Virtua Tennis 1, 3, and 2009. No problem! So, it is not my computer, or most of our computers for our parts, I think it is the tester.

I am not aware of the last time you released a computer video game. Actually, I don't think you ever did. Nonetheless, you keep asserting things and talking as though you know better than me how a game is made. Now, with the sentences I quoted, not only are you accusing me of doing my job wrongly, and releasing bad versions without testing them (I think it is the tester), you're also accusing me of deliberately lying to try and conceal this alleged incompetence/laziness. In the end of your mail, you're saying positive things again, but I can't accept this kind of accusations.
I already told you in e-mails that I am tired of justifying myself to you, as it deprives me of valuable time to improve the game, but then again, as you're trying to give me a bad name in the public forum, here are a few things :

_ How many games are you aware of that are updated on a regular basis ? Are Tribes Vengeance, Virtua tennis and Top Spin in this case ? I think not. It is way easier not to bring new problems in a game when you don't make it evolve at all. When it comes to releasing software, only ones who never have problems are the ones who don't do anything.

_ Are Tribes Vengeance, Virtua tennis and Top Spin developed with OpenGL ? I wouldn't want to have to enforce this kind of knowledge on players, as I think they don't need to know that, but as you really want me to justify everything... OpenGL is free, as opposed to DirectX, and I realized to my despair over the last year that some card manufacturers really don't put a lot of effort in respecting the OpenGL standard with their drivers, which results in Full Ace not working on several kinds of hardware. Additionally, when I begin using an OpenGL feature that I wasn't using before, this raises issues on hardwares that were working so far. Most games use DirectX and it seems it raises less problems, but the main point is the following :

_ Big companies have QA divisions, with up to tens of people and different computers to test the game and report problems before they release. Even with this kind of testing, it is not rare that they have to release several patches for their PC games after release, and even then some problems often remain uncorrected. I guess it is obvious that by no means Full Ace can afford something like that. However, I believe that the level of quality reached on Full Ace over almost one year of existence, in regard to our means, is admirable, and then again, many people praise it, mostly when they have some experience in software development, but even when not.

_ Doesn't it ring a bell when you have a problem and all (or most) other people don't ? When they keep playing online games and such, without a worry... Doesn't that show you that it depends on the computer running the game ? It is not saying that computers are good or bad, it is saying that one computer doesn't necessarily accept what another computer does.
Even the actual problem this topic is about, you didn't experience, because you wouldn't have been able to make a single match, at all, if you did.

I would think it is pretty obvious that I have nothing to gain from releasing versions that don't work. Actually, it makes me mad every time someone tells me the game doesn't work on his computer, because, even if you don't believe it, I actually do my best so that it wouldn't happen. Do you know what the easy answer to this would be ? Not release any updates and instead release a new version of the game every year or so, make a lot of pre-testing and only update for fixes. But then you would only get upgrades once a year, and guess what ? you'd be paying for them, each time. Because testing has a big cost.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Why are you directing this towards me? I just partially agreed with the other fellow here. :D Like him, I am not afraid to voice myself with how you treat us most often when things are going wrong with your game. Now, don't get me wrong. You are not like this ALL the time but most of the time, in my opinion.

At the same time, I understand why you get frustrated at times. We are here to service you and improve your game.

There is no need to get particularly rude with us.

Oh, and one more thing, I play Descent 3. That has Open GL support and works great off my laptop.

It is like things work great until you decide to update the game. Now, I do not care, because I back-up my older versions now. :) So update at will man! Show us what you got! :) Haha.

Thanks kschoice, but I think you are directing your anger at the wrong person. I am looking to help you out than not. :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:29 pm

q. reese wrote:It is like things work great until you decide to update the game. Now, I do not care, because I back-up my older versions now. :) So update at will man! Show us what you got! :) Haha.

This is a real mature and constructive statement. Based on it, I leave it to others to tell which one is rude with the other.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:09 pm

This is not getting any where. Just use the rest of your time to work on the game man. I like what you are doing. I was just saying that I partially agree with the guy who stated something similar to what I have been saying about you.

It's cool though. I don't dislike you or anything for it.

I just hurts a bit remembering that I am one of the first beta testers for this game. :mrgreen: This is why I am really connected to the game and you as a game creator.

Oh, by the way, I may not have created a game before. Yet, I know a lot about the way my computer functions and what it can handle and what It cannot. All the graphical bells and whistles on ALL games work perfectly. It is only with your game, it is seemingly disabled. I have some 55+ games on my PC or around the house! :)

I am okay with it; because, at least, I can paly your game. It's fun; and, like I said before, you are doing a GREAT job with it. Just cap the anger or biting words a bit more and all will be well. :) It's been something I have been saying to you for a while. Once I saw someone else saying something similar to this, I decided to partially support his opinion. I'm not perfect either. So, who am I to point fingers. :D

To sale the game, I am just saying to be the happy type of guy. LOL! :)

Lastly, I do not know if you are seeing the trend here, but as you update the game, many are complaining that the older version worked perfect. At the moment they download the patch, all of the sudden there are problems (mostly graphic related). No real biggy if they remember to copy and paste the older version's folder some where else before updating the game.

marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby marty2756 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 pm

Q, in other sim tennis games, like DMT or TE..you know... what kind of support feedback do we had ? what kind of updates or real improvements ?
I really appreciate all ks work... and I think he is doing much much more than he would have to.
I think you will agree with me, like most of forum already had, that this the best sim tennis game ever... I mean.. one guy
made the best tennis game when big companies couldn't...so .. take it easy..
About problems... its something normal (sorry, but can't compare with big-company. commercial games)..there are really few, and everytime there is one..ks is running out to fix it... so, please...., lets enjoy this game.
I consider each update as a gift, the money we paid I think its nothing compared to all this work... Hope he never stop working on this wonderfull project.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:08 am

Yea man! If you re-read my statements, I was not saying that I don't appreciate his updates or the game. I am just advocating those who said the game worked with the last update, then the newest update is drastically different, as in causing errors.

None to worry. A back-up of the game is the best solution. :)

My biggest highlight of this thread was PARTIALLY agreeing with rummenigge87's take on the way he is being communicated. Other than that, all is cool with the admin. If I think he was not doing a great job, I would not have rushed to be one of his first beta testers and definitely would not have purchased the game.

I will continue speak-up for myself and voice the concerns that many are having with the game. Also, I did encourage a solution to most problems, which some members thanked me for! As kschoice is trying this best to remedy situations to the best of his ability, we will await the master version of Full Ace Tennis Simulator! I cannot wait until all the bells and whistles sound-out over the current indie tennis games!! Haha.

I am all about the community being heard and expressing their feelings (not being afraid to do so). Of course, this is to be done utmost maturity and deep respect on both ends, admin and members.

We are here to support him, and I do believe that he is here to support us (demo and full version users alike). Here's to more time on the forum!! Yahoo!

Lastly, thanks for the critique there Marty2756!! :)

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)[fixed]

Postby Schaffinho » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

It's a personal want of mine to express that you never had "voiced any of my concerns" so far and absolutely for sure never will in the future.

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:19 am

all right, 3.1.3 version is working fine for me, thaks for fixing this BUG. now the framerate still poor for me. 25 in gameplay and 50 on menus.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:37 am

rummenigge87 wrote:all right, 3.1.3 version is working fine for me, thaks for fixing this BUG. now the framerate still poor for me. 25 in gameplay and 50 on menus.

What are your graphical settings ?

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:01 pm

everything as default, except antialiazing in medium. camera in medium, too. am not using the target/ball helps

Ati Radeo HD5670 512MB DDR 5
2GB Ram
Intel Pentium D, 2.8Ghz, 2.79Ghz

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:03 pm

rummenigge87 wrote:everything as default, except antialiazing in medium. camera in medium, too. am not using the target/ball helps

Ati Radeo HD5670 512MB DDR 5
2GB Ram
Intel Pentium D, 2.8Ghz, 2.79Ghz

You may try to disable other graphical options, like shadows or shaders, or turn antialiasing off altogether.

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:13 pm

yes i did. disabled shadows map and got 50fps insted of 25... enyoing tha game right now...

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”