Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)[fixed]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Mikol
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)[fixed]

Postby Mikol » Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:00 am

Hello,

I've just updated to the last 3.1.2 version and I have a big video bug.

When match starts, only the "first" image of the game appears (sky for example) and it doesn't move, like a "picture". But sound is normal and when I press the pause button, screen is refreshed with the pause menu.

So, to see animation, I have to press pause or I only have fixed picture ...

I have nVidia G100 and with last version evrything was ok, I did not do any driver update.

Hope it will be quickly corrected.

Thanks for this great game.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Big video bug since last update (3.1.2)

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:39 am

Have you tried disabling graphical options, to see if the problem is linked with one in particular ?

leandrol82
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby leandrol82 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:59 am

I noticed that several people had problems with this release. Graphics arent smooth and they said that game tilted. I hope it helps

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:07 am

leandrol82 wrote:I noticed that several people had problems with this release. Graphics arent smooth and they said that game tilted. I hope it helps

I would need much more detail : which release ? over which release ? with what graphical options enabled ? What does "tilt" mean ?

leandrol82
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby leandrol82 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:27 pm

kschoice wrote:
leandrol82 wrote:I noticed that several people had problems with this release. Graphics arent smooth and they said that game tilted. I hope it helps

I would need much more detail : which release ? over which release ? with what graphical options enabled ? What does "tilt" mean ?

I have 2 friends who played 3.1.1 correctly, but when they upgrade to 3.1.2 had some trouble. They told me cannot play becouse of frecuently twinkles. I suggested them to disable Graphical options and also change to a lower resolution but nothing happened according to them. I'm trying to obtain more details.

Mikol
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Mikol » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:19 pm

I have the same video options with the last update (3.1.2) than with (3.1.1) but it freezes now.

My graphic options are:
- 1280x1024x60Hzx32b
- full screen
- No shaders (because it's too slow on my setup)
- Enhanced shadows disabled
- Anti-alias: disabled
- VBO activated (same thing with VBO disabled)
- No ball trace
- Game camera: middle
- Zoom camera: enabled
- Under player camera: enabled
- Local multi-player: horizontal
- Skip intro video: enabled

Please help or provide link to the previous release, I cannot play anymore now.

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:56 am

i have the same problem. i hope this subject can make the upgrade to version 3.1.3, because version 3.1.2 is an absolutely FAIL

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:53 am

My experience with the recent updates are not as dire as you all. However, I must state that the latest update to this game makes my game framing stop. Then, a few seconds later, I see the point won by my opponent. LOL.

What's going on?! It is still playable for 15 minutes. However, it does tend to stutter for 1-2 seconds often. I average 2-3 graphic stutters per match.
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:47 pm

rummenigge87 wrote:i have the same problem. i hope this subject can make the upgrade to version 3.1.3, because version 3.1.2 is an absolutely FAIL

Nonetheless, it seems that most people are able to play with v3.1.2, and it works on my setup(s) too. I play this game too and obviously when I release a version it works on my side, I don't release problematic versions on purpose, nor do I enjoy it.

I try to release fixes as quickly as possible, but there is no bug more difficult to fix than ones not happening on the developer's computer (or any other he has at hand). However, I already fixed (or circumvented) several of those.
Every time someone reports a problem of this kind, I wish I had his computer here so I could exactly understand what happens and therefore find the right solution. It would be much quicker too. As I can't experience the problem myself though, I need maximum input about it, like what exactly happens, if changing graphical options has or hasn't an impact on the result, if all game modes are impacted, if editor still works, etc...

I understand that it is frustrating to get stuck with a new version that doesn't work. I actually changed the update messages in v3.1.2 to advise people to back up their game folder before updating in case of a problem.
However, it would also be a bad thing if people just remained stuck with an old version instead of reporting problems with new ones, and wait until the next big update to complain. It would be a mistake to assume problems will disappear spontaneously if nobody reports them.

Mikol
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Mikol » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:25 pm

I know it"s sometimes difficult to find where's a bug, mainly when it's not reproducible.

But I'm pretty sure it's an impact of last updates.

If I can help you in testing some "beta" versions between 3.1.1 and 3.1.2, don't hesitate.

I made another "test", try to play a saved replay. Replay is playing at 1 frame per 3 seconds.

Good luck, thanks.

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:02 am

look what is happening is that you can play training mode and tutorial mode, but when trying Exibition, the Screen freezeas at the first frame (wich is the roof of the stadium) and also if you press start, it goes a few frams, but stops again.

i really didnt do anything to my PC since last update.

version 3.1.1 worked fine... anyone have a link to it, to download and finally play some demo???

i have Ati Radeon 5670 HD video card

right now am going to check latest drivers

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:44 am

all right, updated the drivers but nothing happened. by the way, are you from the supprt team of the game or just a common user??

also want to complai about the poor framerate (around 20-25 with fraps). come on, a can run PES 2011 at 60fps smootly

hope you can help us out

pd: in other thread, someone asked if can download a previous version of the demo and you (who i dont know who you are) respond in such a facist and authority way... i mean who tha f you think you are?? i hate this "forums" where is always people that have some kind of authority upon the others... about a game?? jaja, i mean, who cares, i guess you dont get one in real life. if you have 450 posts and you are the administrator, who tha f cares, show respect to people that are only making a question.

Thucysincarne
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Thucysincarne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:49 am

I just started having this problem today, though I didn't initially. Changing the resolution didn't make it any better. It happens in Season mode as well as exhibition.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:26 pm

rummenigge87 wrote:are you from the supprt team of the game or just a common user??

I thought it would be pretty clear from when I talked about releasing versions and fixing problems. But here goes : I am the one who coded this game.

rummenigge87 wrote:also want to complai about the poor framerate (around 20-25 with fraps). come on, a can run PES 2011 at 60fps smootly

Are you talking about this problematic version, or with the previous one ? If it's the previous one, you should try turning down some of the graphical options to improve smoothness when the problem is fixed (like setting antialiasing to medium). If it's the problematic version, well you can't rely on a version which has a problem...

rummenigge87 wrote:pd: in other thread, someone asked if can download a previous version of the demo and you (who i dont know who you are) respond in such a facist and authority way... i mean who tha f you think you are?? i hate this "forums" where is always people that have some kind of authority upon the others... about a game?? jaja, i mean, who cares, i guess you dont get one in real life. if you have 450 posts and you are the administrator, who tha f cares, show respect to people that are only making a question.

There is always need for someone with an authority in any forum, to avoid any abusive behavior ; and in the case of a game, to answer questions. I guess I am legitimate in this role as the game's programmer.
I don't think I ever demonstrated lack of respect to anyone on the forum (or anywhere else), and several users privately praised me for my patience and tact. By the way, couldn't you come up with something even more excessive than fascism ?
I have no other answer to give to someone wanting an older version of the demo, because I don't keep old versions of the demo. I only keep old versions of the full game for buying customers in case of a big problem. More than anyone, those of them who experience the problem are entitled to being frustrated about the current situation, but guess what ? They are pretty sensible about it. I guess that's because they see I answer them and they know I do my best to fix problems as fast as possible.

rummenigge87
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby rummenigge87 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:44 pm

all right man, understood. respect :wink:

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”