missing shadows in custom tournament[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

missing shadows in custom tournament[solved]

Postby fabsan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:29 am

Hi @k'schoice,

v3.12 worked without any problems for me so far, with highest grafics options.
But then I noticed some curious thing (playing offline, against computer, vs. highest AI level):

When playing a custom tournament on some courts (oldfort, london first), there are no shadows. No shadow of player, of ball, of anything.
curiously, when playing on the same court as exhibition, or as "original" tournament, all shadows are there, and everything is okay.

so i think there seems to be some problem with custom tournament on these courts ? (perhaps on more other courts, too?).

I checked out -randomly selected- about 5-10 other courts with custom tournament. Most worked okay, with shadows. The only ones I found without shadows were oldfort and london first.

Today I checked out v3.13. The problem still occurs.

(My System: intel 2x3GHz-CPU, 4GB-RAM, NVIDIA GF 9800 GT, Win XP Pro, actual drivers):

Greets

fab.san

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: missing shadows in custom tournament

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:37 am

fabsan wrote:Hi @k'schoice,

v3.12 worked without any problems for me so far, with highest grafics options.
But then I noticed some curious thing (playing offline, against computer, vs. highest AI level):

When playing a custom tournament on some courts (oldfort, london first), there are no shadows. No shadow of player, of ball, of anything.
curiously, when playing on the same court as exhibition, or as "original" tournament, all shadows are there, and everything is okay.

so i think there seems to be some problem with custom tournament on these courts ? (perhaps on more other courts, too?).

I checked out -randomly selected- about 5-10 other courts with custom tournament. Most worked okay, with shadows. The only ones I found without shadows were oldfort and london first.

Today I checked out v3.13. The problem still occurs.

(My System: intel 2x3GHz-CPU, 4GB-RAM, NVIDIA GF 9800 GT, Win XP Pro, actual drivers):

Greets

fab.san

Could you show me a screenshot of this ?

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Here a screenshot

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:35 pm

fabsan wrote:Here a screenshot

I deleted the file as it hindered forum viewing, but I saw it.

It seems to me it shows the court in the late evening, therefore shadows are all over the court. In tournaments, game hour is chosen randomly and it may result in a display like that. I am trying to think of ways to improve rendering in that case.

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:47 pm

Hello @kschoice,

I still prefer to play single tournaments.

But when doing this, I still experience very often those missing shadows.
Especially very often, when I play on those new outside courts (which I like very much). Could it be that those buildings around cover up all shadows, even at some "normal" early hours?

Anyway: I understand, that this is no bug, but a matter of (random) time and sun position. And of course, it may be somehow realistic.

But nevertheless, these missing shadows are annoying, in my opinion.
At first, it looks and feels strange, and secondly, it is sometimes very hard to estimate the ball's position, therefore the fun is reduced.

It would be great if you could consider, for example, an additional option to choose a fix hour for tournaments, or even for every single match (as it is possible in exhibition matches).

Thanks!

fabsan

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:24 pm

fabsan wrote:Hello @kschoice,

I still prefer to play single tournaments.

But when doing this, I still experience very often those missing shadows.
Especially very often, when I play on those new outside courts (which I like very much). Could it be that those buildings around cover up all shadows, even at some "normal" early hours?

Anyway: I understand, that this is no bug, but a matter of (random) time and sun position. And of course, it may be somehow realistic.

But nevertheless, these missing shadows are annoying, in my opinion.
At first, it looks and feels strange, and secondly, it is sometimes very hard to estimate the ball's position, therefore the fun is reduced.

It would be great if you could consider, for example, an additional option to choose a fix hour for tournaments, or even for every single match (as it is possible in exhibition matches).

Thanks!

fabsan

I'll see what I can do about this.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:30 pm

You now have options to disable evolution of shadows along time and fix the hour of play for tournament and season games. I'll mark this solved.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”