The Fonts have been lost!!!

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: The Fonts have been lost!!!

Postby Cooperdale » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Ok thanks, I will be waiting for next version. I've tried the game on another pc and this is the best tennis game I've ever played.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Cooperdale wrote:Ok thanks, I will be waiting for next version. I've tried the game on another pc and this is the best tennis game I've ever played.

Thank you :D

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:47 pm

I fixed this! I can use the game with text! The text isn't looking so great, but this happens on my wife's pc too, so I guess this may actually be an ATI issue. I'll add a screenshot at the bottom so you can see what I mean.

Anyway, to finally have it show up I [EDIT (previous fix was wrong)] disabled forced Anti Aliasing in the Catalyst Control Center. It needs to be "Application managed".

Here's a screenshot of how it looks now on my pc (and on my wife's pc). I'll buy the game right away!

Last edited by Cooperdale on Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Good news !
Some people already experienced that problem in the past. I actually just finished rewriting the game's text rendering system, which should eliminate this problem as well.

Enjoy the game !

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:40 pm

It's incredible. Now I've bought the game and the fonts have disappeared again. I can't even insert my license code. I guess I'll have to wait for the new text rendering system after all... I tried following the previous steps, but this time it was useless.

EDIT: This time I've nailed it! I thought about what I had changed in the pc since this morning, and I remembered I had changed ATI catalyst configuration to force antialiasing in games. I had turned it off to play Assassin's Creed, but it was always on when I tried running Full Ace.

Now I've tested it and that's it: when AA is forced through the Catalyst Control Center, text won't show up. When it's left to application choice, text will show up. How strange is that? So resetting the fonts had nothing to do with it after all. Anyway I finally got it fixed. Maybe this info can help some other player.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:39 am

Cooperdale wrote:EDIT: This time I've nailed it! I thought about what I had changed in the pc since this morning, and I remembered I had changed ATI catalyst configuration to force antialiasing in games. I had turned it off to play Assassin's Creed, but it was always on when I tried running Full Ace.

Now I've tested it and that's it: when AA is forced through the Catalyst Control Center, text won't show up. When it's left to application choice, text will show up. How strange is that? So resetting the fonts had nothing to do with it after all. Anyway I finally got it fixed. Maybe this info can help some other player.

Just quoting this solution so that people subscribed to the topic come check it.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”