The Fonts have been lost!!!

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
uncleoky
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

The Fonts have been lost!!!

Postby uncleoky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:00 am

When i get in to the game,i see no words.I tried lots of things like downloading again or try to play the older version or updated the graphic card drivers,etc.
We can play the game but with the right guess on the menu to get the exibition for example.But it is hard to change settings or something like that.
İf you need guys i can send an image for this.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Fonts have been lost!!!

Postby kschoice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:22 am

uncleoky wrote:When i get in to the game,i see no words.I tried lots of things like downloading again or try to play the older version or updated the graphic card drivers,etc.
We can play the game but with the right guess on the menu to get the exibition for example.But it is hard to change settings or something like that.
İf you need guys i can send an image for this.

I have no idea how this could happen. If it used to work and it now doesn't, it certainly is because of something you changed on your computer (like changing graphic card drivers or changing drivers settings, it's hard to tell).

uncleoky
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby uncleoky » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:09 pm

I only change the tripple buffer for openGL section on my ATI card but after this thing happened,i changed it back to its original.
Also upgrade my ATI graphic card driver after this problem...
Below,there is some images for this situation.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:13 pm

uncleoky wrote:I only change the tripple buffer for openGL section on my ATI card but after this thing happened,i changed it back to its original.
Also upgrade my ATI graphic card driver after this problem...
Below,there is some images for this situation.

There is probably something wrong with your video card. There is nothing I can do on my end.

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:18 pm

I don't think there's something wrong with his video card. I have an ATI card too, I just downloaded the demo and I have the exact same issue. The readme says to try and disable VBOs for ATI cards, but I don't know where this setting is since there's nothing written on the screen. Can you give me directions to get to this setting?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:21 pm

Cooperdale wrote:I don't think there's something wrong with his video card. I have an ATI card too, I just downloaded the demo and I have the exact same issue. The readme says to try and disable VBOs for ATI cards, but I don't know where this setting is since there's nothing written on the screen. Can you give me directions to get to this setting?

Unfortunately, VBOs won't have any impact on this issue. What is your card's model ?

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:37 pm

Radeon HD5870

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:43 pm

Cooperdale wrote:Radeon HD5870

I'm beginning to wonder if a games programmer is forced to use DirectX in order for his game to work on all graphic cards, just because ATI and Intel can't release working OpenGL drivers for all their cards...

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm

I think you may have a point there. This is the only OpenGL game installed on my rig right now, and it's the only one with problems. The OS is W7 64bit, by the way.

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:31 am

I have tested on my wife's computer, with a Radeon 5850 and W7 64bit, but the game works fine there. Drivers are much older on my wife's pc though. So I guess it may be a driver issue with the recent 11.2 Catalyst.

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:09 pm

The same thing happens with 11.4 preview.

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:42 pm

Is this issue going to be investigated? Right now it's keeping me from buying the game. It's not a driver issue because I tried the same drivers on my pc and on my wife's and the game has the issue only on my rig. I've got about 20 games installed with no issues, so it can't be an hardware problem...

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:56 pm

Cooperdale wrote:Is this issue going to be investigated? Right now it's keeping me from buying the game. It's not a driver issue because I tried the same drivers on my pc and on my wife's and the game has the issue only on my rig. I've got about 20 games installed with no issues, so it can't be an hardware problem...

The fact that this issue is only raised on certain computers actually demonstrates that it is hardware-related. The fact that other games work correctly shows that Full Ace uses a feature that fails on your hardware/driver combination.
Obviously, I am very sorry that it's keeping you from buying the game, but I can hardly solve that problem as it doesn't occur on any computer I can have at hand.

Here's something to test :
_ Download the exe here : http://www.codeproject.com/KB/openGL/Op ... etric.aspx
_ Launch the exe file, click around to create some points and use left/right on your keyboard to browse primitive types (GL_POINTS, GL_LINES, etc... displayed in window title bar)
_ Make a screen capture for GL_POINTS and send it here.

Cooperdale
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Cooperdale » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:24 am

Ok, thanks, I've followed your instructions, here's the screenshot:

Is there some particular dll library which openGl uses to draw fonts and which may be missing on my pc?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 am

Cooperdale wrote:Ok, thanks, I've followed your instructions, here's the screenshot:

Is there some particular dll library which openGl uses to draw fonts and which may be missing on my pc?

OpenGL is a whole. Besides, I don't use OpenGL support of fonts. I was planning to change the text rendering system for performance issues anyway, so I'll try to include that change in the next version, and hope it will fix your problem.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”