Trouble Installing

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
mmartin68
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Trouble Installing

Postby mmartin68 » Tue May 10, 2011 1:29 am

I just bought the game and when installing I get a message saying "The program can't start because sdl.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". What can I do? I see the sdl.dll in the folder but I would have no idea where to put it.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trouble Installing

Postby kschoice » Tue May 10, 2011 7:03 am

mmartin68 wrote:I just bought the game and when installing I get a message saying "The program can't start because sdl.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem". What can I do? I see the sdl.dll in the folder but I would have no idea where to put it.

How do you proceed to run the game ? Did you play with the demo before ?

Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:18 pm

I just bought the game today and have the same problem. I just unzipped the files to install, the ran the .exe.

I had no problems with the demo version.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:21 pm

Malcolmp wrote:I just bought the game today and have the same problem. I just unzipped the files to install, the ran the .exe.

I had no problems with the demo version.

It's weird as there's no difference in this regard between demo and full version. Have you installed full version in a new directory (separated from your demo install) ?

Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:52 pm

I deleted the demo files, and then installed the full version in the same directory. I'll try a different directory. I didn't reboot between deleting the demo and installing the full version.

Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:06 pm

I just deleted all the files, rebooted, and re-installed, and ran the program from the installed directory. It works.

I created a new shortcut, and ran it from that. It works. Previously I was getting the error when running from the shortcut.

Everything's fine now.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:07 pm

Malcolmp wrote:I just deleted all the files, rebooted, and re-installed, and ran the program from the installed directory. It works.

I created a new shortcut, and ran it from that. It works. Previously I was getting the error when running from the shortcut.

Everything's fine now.

Glad it does. Enjoy the game !

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”