service side bug

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

service side bug

Postby Milos011 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 am

I’d like to report another bug.

I think that everybody who played online experienced this. I experienced this several times.

For some reason player who serves suddenly changes side between first and second serve. Because of that he can’t hit serve field and that causes another service error. After that, every next service is wrong since player is positioned on the same side of the court as the service field and most of the players don’t want to continue playing the match.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: service side bug

Postby kschoice » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 am

Milos011 wrote:I’d like to report another bug.

I think that everybody who played online experienced this. I experienced this several times.

For some reason player who serves suddenly changes side between first and second serve. Because of that he can’t hit serve field and that causes another service error. After that, every next service is wrong since player is positioned on the same side of the court as the service field and most of the players don’t want to continue playing the match.

What happens is that server and client decide of a different outcome for the point, and from then on they're out of sync. It would really help if you could identify some specifics about situations where it happens. Is it always on serves ? Does it involve a let ? etc... It is crucial that you and your opponent share what happened on each side, because it's what differs between both sides that makes it a bug, and will help me recreate it, in order to be able to fix it.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:13 am

I can’t describe much more of that particular situation. I hope other players would join discussion and contribute in solving this bug.

Of what I am almost sure is that it happens always on serve. I don’t think that this involves a let.... but I’m not 100% sure. I’m pretty sure that this always happens between first and second serve.

I know this is a little off topic.... but it may help with this problem too. Are you going to make an option to restart game, restart set or replay (restart) point?

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:43 am

If so, I think there should be an if-then statement: "if player A requests to play the point, then player B must agree to play the point." A simple yes-no option from player B will determine if the point can be replayed.

Hopefully, kschoice will not have to do it once the bug is fixed all-together! ( =
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

PForsberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby PForsberg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:57 pm

I had the same problem in my match from tonight. It was a completely normal match until then, perhaps with a bit more of a lag than normal...

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am

PForsberg wrote:I had the same problem in my match from tonight. It was a completely normal match until then, perhaps with a bit more of a lag than normal...

I saw that you posted in the ITST forum about your latest ITST game and about the bug addressed here, calling it "the known bug". It is already very difficult to spread good word about Full Ace, so when you encounter that bug, I would really really love it if you tried to get back to me with the details of what happened (maybe each of the two opponents saving a replay of the last action would help, but also taking note of what happened on each side, including the referee calls respectively heard by the serving player and the receiving player), instead of spreading around that Full Ace has a "known bug" which blocks online games, because it seems to imply that it is part of the game and nothing is done to try and fix it.

PForsberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby PForsberg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:49 pm

In my opinion "known" means, that he developer knows about the bug and it will be fixed. But I understand your concern so I erased the "known" out of my posting.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:13 am

PForsberg wrote:In my opinion "known" means, that he developer knows about the bug and it will be fixed. But I understand your concern so I erased the "known" out of my posting.

Thanks. Try to give me some info as soon as possible so I could fix it.

PForsberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby PForsberg » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:58 am

Unfortunately we don't have any replay sved from the match. It was in the Third Set and I was leading 3:1 and hsving service. I had the service in the right side, but I don't know whether it was a net or an out-ball. After that I was standing on the left side, so i could only serve to the right side which cause the doublefault.

The Stadium was: The demons stadium
Starttime: 18:00
3 Sets with 6 games each

We played with Laden against Rougier.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:51 am

PForsberg wrote:Unfortunately we don't have any replay sved from the match. It was in the Third Set and I was leading 3:1 and hsving service. I had the service in the right side, but I don't know whether it was a net or an out-ball. After that I was standing on the left side, so i could only serve to the right side which cause the doublefault.

The Stadium was: The demons stadium
Starttime: 18:00
3 Sets with 6 games each

We played with Laden against Rougier.

The key point with this kind of problem is the actual action that happened in the previous point before the score becomes out of sync. Next time it happens, it would be great if both players could save a replay, as well as take note of any detail, of what happened on each side, as the reason for this outcome is that client and server resolve the situation differently (probably because of lag in a situation I didn't anticipate).
It is particularly crucial to take note if it involves a ball hitting the net, or a challenge, or some other particular event in the unrolling of the rally.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Here is an update of this issue.

Last night I played against Sirocco online and this happened. Linesman called out and I asked for challenge. It was small out and..... what is odd..... umpire called result although It was 1st serve. After that my player changed service side and his player was waitting for serve on the same side.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:04 am

Milos011 wrote:Here is an update of this issue.

Last night I played against Sirocco online and this happened. Linesman called out and I asked for challenge. It was small out and..... what is odd..... umpire called result although It was 1st serve. After that my player changed service side and his player was waitting for serve on the same side.

OK, thanks. That's one thing to investigate.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:44 pm

This bug happens all over and over again. Something is obviously wrong with a net.

I played with Holali tonight... and this happened 5 times in a row.

It's just unplayable.

Hope you can solve this issue soon. Until then I'm out for online playing.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:50 pm

Milos011 wrote:This bug happens all over and over again. Something is obviously wrong with a net.

I played with Holali tonight... and this happened 5 times in a row.

It's just unplayable.

Hope you can solve this issue soon. Until then I'm out for online playing.

When a problem like that happens, it would be great if both players could save a replay of the point that brought the problem, and forward them to me. It would make it really easier to understand the problem and fix it.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:51 pm

I can't save since I play with DirectX.

Maybe with fraps.... or something like that.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”