Problems with 3.4.0.[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Problems with 3.4.0.[solved]

Postby Milos011 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:53 am

I think 3.4.0. version have some serious issues.

First is that either I set OpenGL or DirectX game doesn’t run smoothly and sometimes it freezes for few seconds. (it is worse with DirectX). I used to play with VOB selected and it worked fine. My graphic card is ATI Radeon Sapphire (5 Series, 1GB DDR5).

Other issue is that game collapses when playing online. I experienced this yesterday playing with Hami and he confirmed that he experienced several crashes just before.

This is really annoying and I can’t play the game with this problems.

P.S. >to admin< Can you please send me in pvt message link to download previous version 3.3.3.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Problems with 3.4.0.

Postby q. reese » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

As I always have said . . . ALWAYS ALWAYS back-up your previous versions of the game.

I have one of the most recent along with 5-6 older versions saved on my hard drive and backed-up on my external ones.
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Milos011 wrote:I think 3.4.0. version have some serious issues.

First is that either I set OpenGL or DirectX game doesn’t run smoothly and sometimes it freezes for few seconds. (it is worse with DirectX). I used to play with VOB selected and it worked fine. My graphic card is ATI Radeon Sapphire (5 Series, 1GB DDR5).

Other issue is that game collapses when playing online. I experienced this yesterday playing with Hami and he confirmed that he experienced several crashes just before.

This is really annoying and I can’t play the game with this problems.

P.S. >to admin< Can you please send me in pvt message link to download previous version 3.3.3.

About your game not running smoothly, try tuning down the Antialiasing option to Medium or even deactivate it completely. Antialiasing uses a different system in version 3.4.0 and high quality may slow down the game.
As q.reese said, and as the updating message states, you should always back up the last working version in case of a problem. We prefer not to keep older versions on our servers.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:04 pm

I found 3.3.2 version on my hard drive.

I don't think antialiasing is the problem since high quality and details can't be the issue with my PC configuration (I run some really demanding games on very high resolution like AC Brotherhood or Crysis 2).

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

Milos011 wrote:I found 3.3.2 version on my hard drive.

I don't think antialiasing is the problem since high quality and details can't be the issue with my PC configuration (I run some really demanding games on very high resolution like AC Brotherhood or Crysis 2).

I have a high configuration too and putting the antialiasing setting to high on my computer slows down Full Ace to 15 frames per second. Anyhow, if the game slows down on your PC, then something takes up its resources and it is worth trying all combinations at least to narrow down the possible causes of the problem.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 am

I tried with putting the antialiasing setting to medium or turning it off but it gave no result for me. Both options are slowing the game down ... you can see trajectory of the ball.....like in some other "tennis" games.

There is one more issue to mention. When I set DirectX option, background (gray/blue edges of the court) are shaking ..... like there are more shadows on it (if you know what I mean).

If you need more info about my graphic card, driver, operating system, direct X version..... just ask.

I'll test it more and report if I find something interesting.

Hope someone else will join this discussion.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:00 pm

Milos011 wrote:I tried with putting the antialiasing setting to medium or turning it off but it gave no result for me. Both options are slowing the game down ... you can see trajectory of the ball.....like in some other "tennis" games.

There is one more issue to mention. When I set DirectX option, background (gray/blue edges of the court) are shaking ..... like there are more shadows on it (if you know what I mean).

If you need more info about my graphic card, driver, operating system, direct X version..... just ask.

I'll test it more and report if I find something interesting.

Hope someone else will join this discussion.

What happens to 3D display inside the menus ? What happens inside the editor ? Let's stick to the OpenGL mode for now as it used to work with the previous version.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:18 pm

I just released v3.4.1 which I hope should fix the freezing problem. Please try it and let me know.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Edges of the characters are much sharper in editor mode and in game when selecting players.

Here is a pritscreen... left character is 3.3.2. and right one is 3.4.1.

Characters.png
Characters.png (180.69 KiB) Viewed 6989 times

I tried with different resolutions and refresh and bit rate and it makes no difference to the game just like antialiansing makes no difference. But I think shadows are the key to the solution.

Here is a printscreen of those „dancing“ lines.

lines.png
lines.png (166.84 KiB) Viewed 6989 times

When I turned of Shadow maps or Shader rendering they are gone and it seems like game runs better. But still game doesn't run as smoothly as previous versions. Best way to see that is when serving power bar doesn't „fill“ smoothly.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Above post regards Open GL.

I just tried Direct X and all things are exactly the same.

... played full game online against Hami ... it worked just fine. Definitely 3.4.1. works better...

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:45 pm

Milos011 wrote:Edges of the characters are much sharper in editor mode and in game when selecting players.

Here is a pritscreen... left character is 3.3.2. and right one is 3.4.1.

Characters.png

Edges are meant to be smoother in the new version. I don't see that as a problem.

Milos011 wrote:I tried with different resolutions and refresh and bit rate and it makes no difference to the game just like antialiansing makes no difference. But I think shadows are the key to the solution.

Here is a printscreen of those „dancing“ lines.

lines.png

When I turned of Shadow maps or Shader rendering they are gone and it seems like game runs better. But still game doesn't run as smoothly as previous versions. Best way to see that is when serving power bar doesn't „fill“ smoothly.

It's weird because shadow maps and shader rendering, if anything, should be faster than in the older versions. However, shadow maps are less accurate, which results in those "dancing lines" you're seeing.

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 am

kschoice wrote:Edges are meant to be smoother in the new version. I don't see that as a problem.

That's not problem. That's great. I just answered question from your previous post about menus and models in editor.

kschoice wrote:It's weird because shadow maps and shader rendering, if anything, should be faster than in the older versions. However, shadow maps are less accurate, which results in those "dancing lines" you're seeing.

I really don't know how to explain this. I'm just average user. This is not large problem, I can turn it off, but I just wanted to report this since obviously it is an issue you should be aware of.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”