Career mode big problem[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
groundweapon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Career mode big problem[solved]

Postby groundweapon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Hello everybody and first of all thanks so much to the whole Full Ace team for their amazing job: this game is amazing and each new version keeps making it even better! :D
I have a huge problem I can't really solve: yesterday afternoon I installed the latest version (which was the 4.9) since, while I was playing my career mode, an error came out and I could no longer load the saved file... I thought it could be a problem connected to the old version of the game I was using (dont actually remember which one it was exactly), so I downloaded the new one, managed to save my data file (which is the most important thing, since I have corrected each single name of each player in the database :D) and started a new career...played one set of the first match, saved it and then, at the end of the match, another crash error came out and the whole game was shut. I tried to restart it, got back to the match I was playing restarting from the 2nd set, but at the end of it it all crashed down again. Today I saw that the version 5.0 was out, I got it and I kept my data file even tho I cancelled all the saves I had there....I tried to start a career but this time the crash error came as soon as I pushed "start career" after having picked the player I wished to use. I am sure there is some kind of problem with my data file, which is probably corrupted, but I dont really know what's wrong...could anybody help me?
Thank you very much and have a good night!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Career mode big problem

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:16 pm

First of all please make sure it works when you start a career on a clean installation of Full Ace v5.0.0. Once we know that we can work from there.

groundweapon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby groundweapon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:01 pm

Yes, I just tried to start a career from a clean installation and it works perfectly, so the problem is on my data file, but I dont know what went wrong considering that, when I open the game with my data loaded, all the names of players, tournaments etc are correct and I dont have any game saved there

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:05 pm

groundweapon wrote:Yes, I just tried to start a career from a clean installation and it works perfectly, so the problem is on my data file, but I dont know what went wrong considering that, when I open the game with my data loaded, all the names of players, tournaments etc are correct and I dont have any game saved there

How many players do you have in your database ?

groundweapon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby groundweapon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:18 pm

kschoice wrote:
groundweapon wrote:Yes, I just tried to start a career from a clean installation and it works perfectly, so the problem is on my data file, but I dont know what went wrong considering that, when I open the game with my data loaded, all the names of players, tournaments etc are correct and I dont have any game saved there

How many players do you have in your database ?

All the 1500+ default ones (dont remember the correct number) with names changed (it took a long long long time to correct them :D) plus one I created... all the other game options (single exhibition, tournaments etc) are working properly even with my data file, so I dont really know where the problem lies.

Thank you very much for your help :)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:22 pm

groundweapon wrote:All the 1500+ default ones

I asked because I needed the exact number. It seems there is a problem if you have less than 1954 players in your database (the original number). So please check that.

groundweapon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby groundweapon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 pm

kschoice wrote:
groundweapon wrote:All the 1500+ default ones

I asked because I needed the exact number. It seems there is a problem if you have less than 1954 players in your database (the original number). So please check that.

The correct number is 1945, which is lower than 1954 indeed...I actually cancelled all those players which I couldnt identify with their real names...so you suggest me to create 9 more players in order to reach 1954 and then see if the problem is solved? I'll try right away and I'll let you know, thanks again!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 pm

groundweapon wrote:The correct number is 1945, which is lower than 1954 indeed...I actually cancelled all those players which I couldnt identify with their real names...so you suggest me to create 9 more players in order to reach 1954 and then see if the problem is solved? I'll try right away and I'll let you know, thanks again!

That will probably solve the problem indeed. I'll include a fix in the next update.

groundweapon
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby groundweapon » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 pm

kschoice wrote:
groundweapon wrote:The correct number is 1945, which is lower than 1954 indeed...I actually cancelled all those players which I couldnt identify with their real names...so you suggest me to create 9 more players in order to reach 1954 and then see if the problem is solved? I'll try right away and I'll let you know, thanks again!

That will probably solve the problem indeed. I'll include a fix in the next update.

It solved it perfectly!
Thank you very much again, I couldnt hope in a better help than this one, it was really appreciated!
Have a good night and congratulations for your tremendous job!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:45 pm

groundweapon wrote:It solved it perfectly!
Thank you very much again, I couldnt hope in a better help than this one, it was really appreciated!
Have a good night and congratulations for your tremendous job!

No problem. Thank you

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”