Replays problem.[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Replays problem.

Postby Rey99 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 am

you also have the problem of crash when exit replay or just me?.. to see if it's only a prooblem of mine or not..

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:32 am

Rey99 wrote:you also have the problem of crash when exit replay or just me?.. to see if it's only a prooblem of mine or not..

I don't have this. Can you send me a dmp file of one those crashes please ?

Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Rey99 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:54 am

kschoice wrote:
Rey99 wrote:you also have the problem of crash when exit replay or just me?.. to see if it's only a prooblem of mine or not..

i know that when there is a crash a window appears that advises you to send the crash file, but in this case is not so..no warning windows appears and no dmp file is created inside FAT folder..simply when i press esc i return to the deskot and nothing else happens..

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:02 am

Rey99 wrote:
kschoice wrote:

i know that when there is a crash a window appears that advises you to send the crash file, but in this case is not so..no warning windows appears and no dmp file is created inside FAT folder..simply when i press esc i return to the deskot and nothing else happens..

When you pause in replays, the game asks the system to list all installed video compression codecs on your computer (for video export). Sometimes the codecs are wrongly written which may result in crashes. I'll try to add more safeguards to this. Please let me know whether it goes on or not in future versions.

Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Rey99 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:35 am

kschoice wrote:When you pause in replays, the game asks the system to list all installed video compression codecs on your computer (for video export). Sometimes the codecs are wrongly written which may result in crashes. I'll try to add more safeguards to this. Please let me know whether it goes on or not in future versions.

I uninstalled my video codecs and without them there is no longer the crash problem .. So I tried installing different codecs but the problem came back ..
I need to know which video codec I can install ..

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:46 am

Rey99 wrote:
kschoice wrote:When you pause in replays, the game asks the system to list all installed video compression codecs on your computer (for video export). Sometimes the codecs are wrongly written which may result in crashes. I'll try to add more safeguards to this. Please let me know whether it goes on or not in future versions.

I uninstalled my video codecs and without them there is no longer the crash problem .. So I tried installing different codecs but the problem came back ..
I need to know which video codec I can install ..

I can see no other process than deleting one codec at a time to find which one(s) cause the problem.

Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Rey99 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:14 am

I found and installed a codecs pack with which the problem does not occur..
Thanks a lot for the support :)

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”