Replays problem.[solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Replays problem.[solved]

Postby Rey99 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 pm

hi, when I load a replay I do not see the players but I only see the ball move, as if the players were invisible .. and if I try to exit replay (by pressing "esc" to bring up the menu) the game crash to windows..
I think this happens with the replays made ​​with the new version .. in replays made ​​with previous versions i can see the players, but remain the crash problem.. All this can be caused by a virus? because I realized that I probably have the computer infected .. or may be some other causes? happened something like this to someone else here?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Replays problem.

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:47 pm

Rey99 wrote:hi, when I load a replay I do not see the players but I only see the ball move, as if the players were invisible .. and if I try to exit replay (by pressing "esc" to bring up the menu) the game crash to windows..
I think this happens with the replays made ​​with the new version .. in replays made ​​with previous versions i can see the players, but remain the crash problem.. All this can be caused by a virus? because I realized that I probably have the computer infected .. or may be some other causes? happened something like this to someone else here?

It's doubtful it would be related to a virus. I'll check it out.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Not seeing the players in replays was indeed a bug in version 5.0. I guess most people barely use replays :cry:

I just released version 5.0.1 to fix this. Let me know if the crash problem remains or not.

Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Rey99 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 am

hi, I just tried the new version and the problem of invisible players is solved, thank you :)
But for me remains the problem of crash when I press "Esc" to exit replay, it returns to windows (without any error notice, simply return to the desktop).
it's strange because yesterday for a while the crash problem has ceased to exist, then suddenly reappeared.. and today there is still.

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:22 am

kschoice wrote:I just released version 5.0.1.

ok great i will try the new one. when you make an update, is the only file that gets changed FullAce.exe? since many of us have .png mods added, would you suggest just adding the new 5.0.1 FullAce.exe to the old 5.0.0 folder and replacing the 5.0.0 FullAce.exe? or sometimes do you change other files in addition to FullAce.exe in some updates?

and one more question. is there a changelog for each update where it shows a list of fixes or additions?

Rey99
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Rey99 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:12 am

dj777 wrote:and one more question. is there a changelog for each update where it shows a list of fixes or additions?

when you start the game on the home screen there is a list of all the upgrades and their descriptions :)

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:15 am

Rey99 wrote:
dj777 wrote:and one more question. is there a changelog for each update where it shows a list of fixes or additions?

when you start the game on the home screen there is a list of all the upgrades and their descriptions :)

haha :D i meant like for the latest 5.0.1 update, maybe there could be an update text file included in each version that lists the improvements? just a suggestion so we know what to look for in each version. there seemed to be some gameplay / control improvements in 5.0.0, but perhaps the 5.0.1 version only fixed this one replay issue.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:34 am

dj777 wrote:haha :D i meant like for the latest 5.0.1 update, maybe there could be an update text file included in each version that lists the improvements? just a suggestion so we know what to look for in each version. there seemed to be some gameplay / control improvements in 5.0.0, but perhaps the 5.0.1 version only fixed this one replay issue.

There's no need for a text file as, like Rey mentioned, changes for every version are displayed in the area below the main menu.

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 am

kschoice wrote:There's no need for a text file as, like Rey mentioned, changes for every version are displayed in the area below the main menu.

oh well the rectangular box in the main menu is blank for me. it says the version number on the right side but no text describing the changes in that area.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:43 am

Have you allowed the game to access the internet ?

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:00 am

kschoice wrote:Have you allowed the game to access the internet ?

nope my windows machine that i run it on isn't connected to the internet. after i purchased the game, when i first started it up offline, since it didn't detect internet, the game prompted me for the activation code, which i entered and i have been playing and updating the versions offline ever since. perhaps that is why the box is blank.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:05 am

dj777 wrote:
kschoice wrote:Have you allowed the game to access the internet ?

nope my windows machine that i run it on isn't connected to the internet. after i purchased the game, when i first started it up offline, since it didn't detect internet, the game prompted me for the activation code, which i entered and i have been playing and updating the versions offline ever since. perhaps that is why the box is blank.

Indeed, the information displayed in the box is collected on our server at game launch.

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:11 am

kschoice wrote:Indeed, the information displayed in the box is collected on our server at game launch.

ok that's why i suggested the text file for those who bought it and installed it offline who don't have internet on the machine they run it on to know what is changing in the versions. one day i'd like to connect it and play online but for now i'm content playing the cpu offline.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:20 am

dj777 wrote:
ok that's why i suggested the text file for those who bought it and installed it offline who don't have internet on the machine they run it on to know what is changing in the versions. one day i'd like to connect it and play online but for now i'm content playing the cpu offline.

I favored the online solution so that the game also warns you when a new version is available. I'll think of a way to make the information available as a text file via browser for instance.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:53 pm

dj777 wrote:ok that's why i suggested the text file for those who bought it and installed it offline who don't have internet on the machine they run it on to know what is changing in the versions. one day i'd like to connect it and play online but for now i'm content playing the cpu offline.

Btw, the online system also tells you when you need to download the full game archive again. When only a patch is needed, it gives you a direct link to download the patch file.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”