CPU load remains high when game is idle

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

CPU load remains high when game is idle

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:43 pm

CPU load and thus energy consumption are relatively high when running FAT even where you're only navigating through menus or career mode screens. That is not ideal for notebook users as it can cause the fan to get quite loud and of course reduces battery lifetime if you're not connected to the mains. It's not a problem when you're running the editor instead of the main application though. In this case CPU load is as low as you would expect when the program is idle.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: CPU load remains high when game is idle

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm

This is because everything but the game editor uses OpenGL or DirectX rendering for display.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm

You don't use OpenGL / DirectX for rendering player and stadium previews in the editor then :?:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:30 pm

PatrickR wrote:You don't use OpenGL / DirectX for rendering player and stadium previews in the editor then :?:

Indeed, I do too but in a Windows control, so it's handled differently and only draws itself when needed.
Doing the same with the game interface is possible, but it would demand a lot of work.

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:04 am

PatrickR wrote:You don't use OpenGL / DirectX for rendering player and stadium previews in the editor then :?:

Do you use OpenGL or DirectX for Full Ace? I am playing on a windows vista notebook with an nvidia graphics card, and i seemed to be getting better frame rate in game with OpenGL.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”