Licence file

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
Ryanw
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Licence file

Postby Ryanw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:26 pm

After opening the game I enter the licence number, everything is locked because I apparently haven't registered it.
So I restarted the game and the problem persisted, I tried deleting the licence.dat file and redoing the process, the same problem occurred.

I decided to open the licence.dat file with Notepad++ and saw that my licence number was in there twice, which is what I assume is the cause of this problem.
But if I edit the file manually to have my licence number only entered in once, the next time I open the game it deletes the licence.dat file and then I'm back to square one.

Any assistance with this frustrating issue would be much appreciated.

crusher82
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Licence file

Postby crusher82 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem !

Please help us !

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:44 pm

You're not supposed to mess with the contents of the licence.dat file. The only thing that can prevent the system to work is if you don't allow the application access to the Internet, or if the connection is very slow.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:08 pm

As I see no attempt of connection using your licences on our server logs, I guess you haven't allowed the game to connect to the Internet.

Ryanw
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Ryanw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:24 pm

Oh, ok, I wasn't aware that it was being blocked access to the internet. I'll see if it helps.

Ryanw
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Ryanw » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 pm

I allowed the program through my firewall and my connection is perfectly fine, but the problem is still apparent. Not sure what to do about this.

Edit: Using the MS Network Monitor, I can tell you that I have got outgoing and incoming traffic from an IP based in Central France every time I open the game.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:41 am

Ryanw wrote:I allowed the program through my firewall and my connection is perfectly fine, but the problem is still apparent. Not sure what to do about this.

Edit: Using the MS Network Monitor, I can tell you that I have got outgoing and incoming traffic from an IP based in Central France every time I open the game.

Another thing maybe is that the user copy of the file licence.dat, which is stored in your account's Application Data folder needs to be writable. However, I don't know how it could not be, as the game creates it as writable. But it's the only explanation I see in your case.

Ryanw
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Ryanw » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:23 am

The Full Ace folder in AppData was empty, I copied the licence.dat into it and it works perfectly now.
Thanks for your help :>

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:33 am

Ryanw wrote:The Full Ace folder in AppData was empty, I copied the licence.dat into it and it works perfectly now.
Thanks for your help :>

It's very weird. If you could find any indication (directory rights or whatsoever...) why the licence.dat file wasn't created there as it should, please let me know. It could prevent other people from experiencing the same problem in the future.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:06 am

Never mind, this is a bug with the last 5.2.3 version when first activating the game.
I'm going to release a fixed version soon.

EDIT : The new version is available now.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”