Problem with challenges[Solved]

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
cooney
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Problem with challenges[Solved]

Postby cooney » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 pm

This game is getting better and better and it's all because of the great work these lads are doing.
Thanks kschoice!

Beside this, I'd like to highlight a possible 'bug' about challenging a ball.

Well, this is the situation. I'm playing a rally and my opponent hits a shot with the ball bouncing near the line. The challenge logo appears, I hit a return shot and instantly press the challenge button, asking for a review.
Mind, this moment is important, because I call for a challenge just after hitting a return shot. My ball will bounce inside the opponent's half but my opponent won't play it as the game's been stopped for the challenge review.
Now, the challenge shows my opponent's ball was good and I was wrong in asking for a review.
But, as it shows my opponent's ball was good, then he takes my return shot for good too (that one just before calling for a challenge) and I win the point basically because my opponent didn't play the ball anymore.
But he couldn't play it as the game was stopped.

So the result is:
if I return a shot (with a ball inside my opponent's half) and I call for a challenge instantly after that, I'll win the point if my challenge call is wrong.
I feel that's clearly against the rules, because if my challenge call is wrong we should replay the point.

I hope I've explained it well. I feel it's easier to see it than to talk about it :D
Anyway, it's an important issue, because you can win points easily during hard rallies, just hitting a low return shot and instantly asking to review a ball you already know is almost good.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Problem with challenges

Postby kschoice » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:02 am

cooney wrote:This game is getting better and better and it's all because of the great work these lads are doing.
Thanks kschoice!

Beside this, I'd like to highlight a possible 'bug' about challenging a ball.

Well, this is the situation. I'm playing a rally and my opponent hits a shot with the ball bouncing near the line. The challenge logo appears, I hit a return shot and instantly press the challenge button, asking for a review.
Mind, this moment is important, because I call for a challenge just after hitting a return shot. My ball will bounce inside the opponent's half but my opponent won't play it as the game's been stopped for the challenge review.
Now, the challenge shows my opponent's ball was good and I was wrong in asking for a review.
But, as it shows my opponent's ball was good, then he takes my return shot for good too (that one just before calling for a challenge) and I win the point basically because my opponent didn't play the ball anymore.
But he couldn't play it as the game was stopped.

So the result is:
if I return a shot (with a ball inside my opponent's half) and I call for a challenge instantly after that, I'll win the point if my challenge call is wrong.
I feel that's clearly against the rules, because if my challenge call is wrong we should replay the point.

I hope I've explained it well. I feel it's easier to see it than to talk about it :D
Anyway, it's an important issue, because you can win points easily during hard rallies, just hitting a low return shot and instantly asking to review a ball you already know is almost good.

I'll look into this.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem with challenges[Solved]

Postby kschoice » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:56 am

This will be fixed in the upcoming update. Please create a separate topic for each bug in the troubleshooting section. The suggestions topic is already well heavy enough on its own.

cooney
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Problem with challenges[Solved]

Postby cooney » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Ok, nevermind, will do next time! :wink:
Thanks!

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”