data base

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

data base

Postby McEnBorg » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:19 pm

Seems every time a new full version is issued, I have a problem getting my data base (with my created players) to work.
I install the new version, 5.3.1 in this case, and copy my data base (data.fas) from previous version,
paste into data folder, and the new data base is still there when I start the game.
Please explain what I am doing wrong. :oops:

Thank You.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: data base

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:46 am

You seem to describe the process in the right way, so I don't know what the problem is.

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:48 pm

I've tried several times replacing all data.fas files and results.fas files but
somehow Frederic Rougier and his data base continue to appear in editor and game.
Is it possible the program is grabbing that data.fas file from on-line when it connects?
Could I replace the entire 5.3.2 data folder with the old 5.2.7 folder and try that?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:49 pm

McEnBorg wrote:I've tried several times replacing all data.fas files and results.fas files but
somehow Frederic Rougier and his data base continue to appear in editor and game.
Is it possible the program is grabbing that data.fas file from on-line when it connects?
Could I replace the entire 5.3.2 data folder with the old 5.2.7 folder and try that?

The new installation executable installs the game in your Program files directory. This is where you should put your edited files. Isn't this your problem ?

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:23 pm

By default, it is storing the folder under Program Files(x86)/Galatic Gaming Guild/Full Ace Tennis Simulator
That is where I am replacing the data.fas file in the data folder.
I have a suspicion the problem may be that I am using the previous version and also trying to get this new version to work.
When I start the new version I get a message that I can only install 1 version within a 24 hour period.
I am only "installing" 1 version within 24 hours, but I am playing 2. Perhaps this is preventing the game from working with my database.
I will not use the old version for 24 hours and attempt to reinstall the new version again tomorrow.
Perhaps that will solve the problem. I am sure the problem is something I am doing wrong.

I'll report back tomorrow.

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Doggone, I uninstalled the new version, re-installed it, copied my data.fas file
pasted it into the data folder and the new data.fas file still appeared when
I started the game and went into the editor.
So I deleted the new data_original.fas file, made another copy of my data.fas file,
renamed it data_original.fas file and also pasted it into the data folder.
The new data player file still appears when I start the game. :shock:
I don't know where the program is pulling the new data base from.
Any clues?
Thank you.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:46 pm

McEnBorg wrote:Doggone, I uninstalled the new version, re-installed it, copied my data.fas file
pasted it into the data folder and the new data.fas file still appeared when
I started the game and went into the editor.
So I deleted the new data_original.fas file, made another copy of my data.fas file,
renamed it data_original.fas file and also pasted it into the data folder.
The new data player file still appears when I start the game. :shock:
I don't know where the program is pulling the new data base from.
Any clues?
Thank you.

Where are you starting the program from ?

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 am

Default location: Program Files(x86)/Galatic Gaming Guild/Full Ace Tennis Simulator
Now I still have the old version on the same computer in Program Files/Full Ace Tennis.
Might 2 versions on same computer cause a problem even though I am not playing the older version now?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 am

McEnBorg wrote:Default location: Program Files(x86)/Galatic Gaming Guild/Full Ace Tennis Simulator
Now I still have the old version on the same computer in Program Files/Full Ace Tennis.
Might 2 versions on same computer cause a problem even though I am not playing the older version now?

You may install 40 versions in 40 different directories if you feel like it. When you launch a version, it's going to access the files in the same directory subtree.

kosterzoo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kosterzoo » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:43 am

Hey I just purchased Full Ace for the first time and I'm having troubles with the database as well (updating as per your problems)

Help please! :)

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:22 pm

Administrator will have to help you, I could not get the new version to work with my data base.
I am using the old version and will try again when the next full version is issued. :(

Maestri
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Maestri » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I had the same problem
I was editing the game and then saving it
But the data.fas on the main folder was still the same as the one I open before making all the editions
So I decided to search on my computer for all the data.fas files and found it here:
C:\Users\Maestri\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\GalacticGamingGuild\FullAceTennisSimulator\Data
Pretty hide right? hah
Hopes it helps

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Maestri wrote:I had the same problem
I was editing the game and then saving it
But the data.fas on the main folder was still the same as the one I open before making all the editions
So I decided to search on my computer for all the data.fas files and found it here:
C:\Users\Maestri\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\GalacticGamingGuild\FullAceTennisSimulator\Data
Pretty hide right? hah
Hopes it helps

Thank you Microsoft for your magic tricks !

kosterzoo
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kosterzoo » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:19 am

Ok!

So I re-installed into a different drive which didn't have windows installed on it and no probs.

this game is awesome btw :) I only just really became a tennis fan as well!

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”