Does this program use Java?

Please search for answers and post about your technical problems when running Full Ace here
McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Does this program use Java?

Postby McEnBorg » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm

I've been having problems with notification of Java update requests, they were freezing the game whenever they appeared.
(video freezes, game continues with audio only)
I decided to delete Java, and now I notice my data.fas has returned to an older version.
Do I need Java for this game?
Thank you.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Does this program use Java?

Postby kschoice » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:22 am

McEnBorg wrote:I've been having problems with notification of Java update requests, they were freezing the game whenever they appeared.
(video freezes, game continues with audio only)
I decided to delete Java, and now I notice my data.fas has returned to an older version.
Do I need Java for this game?
Thank you.

No, Full Ace does not use Java.

McEnBorg
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby McEnBorg » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks,

but here is what I have encountered. First, I run Windows 7.
Java has something to do with script on connections to websites.
I am running Full Ace 5.2.7 because I could not get my data.fas file to work in the new Full Ace.
After I deleted Java (because of the prompt Java updates that would occur during a game
and freeze the game) I had revisions to my control settings on my very next run of Full Ace.
I made NO changes myself nor made any revisions to the 5.2.7 install.
The data.fas file had reverted to a much earlier version, and the instant replay of every shot
was enabled again, something I do not prefer. These were all due to the Java deletion.
Everytime anybody plays a game of Full Ace, they connect to your website, and this is where
Java comes into play somehow. I suspect, not sure, that I am unable to use my latest data.fas
file in the new 5.3.2 version because of a prior Java update.
This is all over my head, and I only mention it in case somebody else runs into a problem
with their personal data.fas file not working.
I did download the latest version of Java and reinstalled on my computer, but
I am unable to restore the latest version of my data.fas file.
Sounds crazy, but I copied the latest version in a folder I had saved, placed it in the
working data folder of Full Ace, BUT it is not recognized.

I don't have a answer how to fix it, and it's not something you can remedy, I guess.
I suppose I will just have to download the latest 5.3.2 version and manually make all the
revisions again to the data.fas file. :(

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Only things I can tell you as facts :
_ Full Ace is written so any version can read data.fas files from previous versions. You already had problems with working with your data.fas files before, and I am pretty sure it has to do with directory structure and nothing else. Have you read the latest messages from kosterzoo on that subject ?
http://forum.fullacetennis.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=579
It seems Windows 7 under certain conditions automatically store data.fas in an exotic folder.
_ There is no reason Java should have any impact on Full Ace.

Return to “Full Ace troubleshooting”