1st Full Ace Tennis League

This section is meant for topics regarding online tournaments organization.
gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Re: 1st Full Ace Tennis League

Postby gogomor » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:54 pm

Here are the results thus far, hope Milos or admin can edit his first post and put this picture in:

hypercube
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby hypercube » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:17 am

Hi,
On August 7th I played against Alain 22 in Wimbledon and won 6-4 6-2.

Also, as I said I didn't receive any e-mail with the results document, can you send it again?

alain22
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby alain22 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:48 am

I write good good results on the table in my email but we must put it back on the board and how

alain22
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby alain22 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 am

it would be nice to update the list with new players

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:02 am

Short instructions when you edit scoreboard:

There are three sheets in document.

In the first sheet - Matches history - you should write date, players, score and court. Try to put winner's name first.

In the second sheet - Square table - you should write result in yours and opponet's column.

In the third sheet - Rankings you should add number of wins/loses and calculate set difference and formula will calculate Win%.

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:18 pm

Hey i got an idea, why dont we make a 4th sheet where we could put a table of players abilities. It is simple and way better than screenshots :)

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Hami and I made it so fill in the cells folks ;)

DOBm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby DOBm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:18 pm

Thanks a lot for the work! :D
I wanted to ask and maybe suggest a bit of an update about keeping track of match statistics and maybe making different rankings, a bit like ATP style . How about if we make screen shots of the match facts and then upload somehow. I don't know if it is too much work, and if it is possible. Could someone propose a way to do it in a conventional way?

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:55 pm

It is too much for the 1st League, it already started and bunch of matches finished. This was also my idea and i suggested something about the game itself saving stats in a folder, in updates thread.
Offtopic: I really dont know why they didnt put final score in statistics picture, players cannot always remember exact score especially if it is a long and tense match at the end. For our league, we need exact scores.

DOBm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby DOBm » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:31 pm

Absolutely right. Happens to me often. Wouldn't be bad, if there could be forced and unforced error statistic, but it probably is too far fetched.

gogomor
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby gogomor » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:34 pm

OK people, i have a request. Some players including me did put additional attribute points on a skill REACTION. As i was going through forum i found this post from the developer of the game:
Reaction means how fast the character can react to events (such as the opponent's shot). This parameter is only used for AIs as of now. For the player, it's his own speed of reaction that counts.

As you can see from the quote, REACTION only applies to AI players. So that means that everybody who put some points on reaction don't have that points at all.

I also sent pm to developer, and he confirmed this.

So i think it is best that players with attribute points in reaction put those points to some other skill that is 75, not changing other skills that are 80 or 85.

DOBm
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby DOBm » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi! Regarding what Gogomor said and since I'm another one who got affected by this reaction stat, I will post aswell. There has been a small misunderstanding with a player's abilities stat, which affects the reaction talent of the player. Gogomor contacted the developers and found out that this stat has effect only on the AI's ability, whereas the online players depend only on there own reactions with their controller to affect their respective custom players reaction to a shot. So knowing additional points in that attribute don't have effect, players should better add their points to some other attribute chosen by them, so that we can all take advantage of the league rules. Hopefully there will be no further change to abilities sheet in the future of the 1st league.
Last edited by DOBm on Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holali
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Holali » Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Hello everybody,
ive discussed that issue witch reaction stats with few of you and I think this is the best solution:
Those who have set reaction stat to more than 75 (so its their upgraded stat) will set it to 75 and then set something else that was originaly 75 (not anything else !!) to that higher number you had on reaction before.
To make it clear, lets have an example:
You have reaction set to 80. So you will set it to 75.
Then you will choose something with 75, for example forehand dropshot.
You will set forehand dropshot to 80
Thats all. Dont forget to put this change in online google document.

This is because reaction stat doesnt have any efect on human players so its useless to have it upgraded.
See you on courts!

Timze
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Timze » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Hello.
I want to take part of this league.

timze_87@hotmail.com Finland

Return to “Online tournaments”