Suggestions

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Suggestions

Postby Jay » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:13 am

kschoice wrote:Is there someone with some time on his hands who would agree to create a topic dedicated to suggestions, and regularly update the first message of this topic with all the suggestions coming in, so that I could update their status there (Accepted, Declined, In Progress, Available) ?

That would really make things easier to me.

You could just sticky this thread, and copy the suggestions from the latest posts into the first post and delete the rest of the posts

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Jay wrote:
kschoice wrote:Is there someone with some time on his hands who would agree to create a topic dedicated to suggestions, and regularly update the first message of this topic with all the suggestions coming in, so that I could update their status there (Accepted, Declined, In Progress, Available) ?

That would really make things easier to me.

You could just sticky this thread, and copy the suggestions from the latest posts into the first post and delete the rest of the posts

There are at least two differences between what you are saying and what I was thinking :
_ I would keep all the messages inside the topic, and just use the first one as a summary of everything.
_ I would expect the person who created the topic to update his message with incoming suggestions. If I had to do it, then it wouldn't really save me any time. Therefore I can't just use this one as I'm not sure solarisaint would want to do it.

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:24 pm

HI
Whatever you chaps want, Change my topic name, you want me to move my postings, I'll move my postings :D

Korn
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Korn » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:04 pm

The gamne is grate. ONly change i propouse is change de movement of de serve in de edit mode for each player, and de way is serve ejecutation.

I played for last 3 years DMTP and this game is more superior in realistic less in the way of serv and the motion of players. (nadal in the DMTP move like Nadal, Federer the same thing) IN full ace every movements of the players are the same.

IF you change that things this game is the best game ever in the history.,!!

THX and sorry for my bad English.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:02 am

I just tried the game for the first time. I've been playing tennis games all my life (I used to be a semipro real tennis player), so I've tried a lot of the games out there.

The best game I had found so far is the one made by the japanese company (I don't know if I can mention them, so I don't), which I played throughout the last four years.

But I left it recently. Why? Because the company that created it just abandonned the game. They don't even care about what users who paid for the game think. And that is why everyone is stopping playing it and feels like they've been scummed.

This is my advice for you Full Ace Company guys: keep listening to what users have to say. I can see you do pay attention to them and answer periodically. I think that's great.

Now, here are my suggestions regarding the game itself:

1. I really think you should work very hard on improving the players' strokes. They look totally old-fashionned and unreal. If you could imitate the real players' strokes or at least make them look like what they really are, you will be taking a very important step forward.

2. The other very important thing to improve is the players' movements. They don't look real either. Something is wrong about them.

I have no idea how hard it is for you to change/improve these things, but I'm positive those are the main points you should be focusing on.

Best regards.

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:40 am

HI
I thought we were going to erase this suggestion topic and take up everything in the future update topic.
So lets erase it.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:58 am

simtennisplayer wrote:1. I really think you should work very hard on improving the players' strokes.
2. The other very important thing to improve is the players' movements.

The ground strokes and movements are very good for manually created animation in my opinion. I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to create a completely accurate representation without the use of expensive motion capture equipment.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:14 am

Jay wrote:
simtennisplayer wrote:1. I really think you should work very hard on improving the players' strokes.

The ground strokes and movements are very good for manually created animation in my opinion. I'd imagine it'd be very difficult to create a completely accurate representation without the use of expensive motion capture equipment.

While you're right about motion capture to get very accurate results, there is still room for improvement in manually created animations.
On the motion capture matter, the problem in my opinion is what you get in high budget games is a series of very realistic motions that don't chain very well in demonstrating lifelike rallies.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:19 am

solarisaint wrote:HI
I thought we were going to erase this suggestion topic and take up everything in the future update topic.
So lets erase it.

Well, the other topic isn't exactly what I wanted it to be, and it seems Farre986 has second thoughts about having enough time to maintain it. So if someone else would like to volunteer, please private message me.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:25 am

simtennisplayer wrote:I just tried the game for the first time. I've been playing tennis games all my life (I used to be a semipro real tennis player), so I've tried a lot of the games out there.

The best game I had found so far is the one made by the japanese company (I don't know if I can mention them, so I don't), which I played throughout the last four years.

But I left it recently. Why? Because the company that created it just abandonned the game. They don't even care about what users who paid for the game think. And that is why everyone is stopping playing it and feels like they've been scummed.

This is my advice for you Full Ace Company guys: keep listening to what users have to say. I can see you do pay attention to them and answer periodically. I think that's great.

1. I really think you should work very hard on improving the players' strokes. They look totally old-fashionned and unreal. If you could imitate the real players' strokes or at least make them look like what they really are, you will be taking a very important step forward.

2. The other very important thing to improve is the players' movements. They don't look real either. Something is wrong about them.

I have no idea how hard it is for you to change/improve these things, but I'm positive those are the main points you should be focusing on.

Best regards.

I think most people know what game you're talking about, and many here already referred it. :wink:
As you have seen, listening to players and exchanging with them is one of our main concerns. As you surely can understand, how long we can keep this level of commitment depends highly on Full Ace's commercial success.

Your two points actually relate to animations in general. Improving them is a lengthy, and touchy process. Last major update brought some improvements in that regard, and I think (hope) that in current version you must find some gestures better than others. As I said, there is still room for improvement, but it will be a gradual process.

simtennisplayer
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby simtennisplayer » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:11 pm

kschoice wrote:
simtennisplayer wrote:I just tried the game for the first time. I've been playing tennis games all my life (I used to be a semipro real tennis player), so I've tried a lot of the games out there.

Best regards.

I think most people know what game you're talking about, and many here already referred it. :wink:
As you have seen, listening to players and exchanging with them is one of our main concerns. As you surely can understand, how long we can keep this level of commitment depends highly on Full Ace's commercial success.

Your two points actually relate to animations in general. Improving them is a lengthy, and touchy process. Last major update brought some improvements in that regard, and I think (hope) that in current version you must find some gestures better than others. As I said, there is still room for improvement, but it will be a gradual process.

Thank you very much for your quick reply :wink:

I think I'll be purchasing the game in just a few days.

Keep up the good work, you're doing a great job.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:33 pm

kschoice wrote:
Jay wrote:

While you're right about motion capture to get very accurate results, there is still room for improvement in manually created animations.
On the motion capture matter, the problem in my opinion is what you get in high budget games is a series of very realistic motions that don't chain very well in demonstrating lifelike rallies.

That's because they use amateur tennis players that seem to have very unusual amateur looking ground strokes, with which they try to combine them with other movement animations and they just don't flow and it looks horrible! XD. Not to mention the number of animations and variation between them are too little. /rant

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”