Updated Version

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Updated Version

Postby Antani » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:43 pm

Hi,
first of all I'd like to congratulate for the game, which is pretty good.
Secondly, when I started the game today it says that there's a new version avaible on the website, but I didn't manage to find it anywhere in the fullace official website. So I just wanted to ask if there's really an update out there or it's just a small bug (however, the game works the same).

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Updated Version

Postby kschoice » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:57 pm

Antani wrote:Hi,
first of all I'd like to congratulate for the game, which is pretty good.
Secondly, when I started the game today it says that there's a new version avaible on the website, but I didn't manage to find it anywhere in the fullace official website. So I just wanted to ask if there's really an update out there or it's just a small bug (however, the game works the same).

Indeed, it's not clear how to get the updated version and we apologize about that. You need to use the link you originally used to download the game in your registration e-mail.
We are working on a more straightforward way to retrieve updates.

New version includes several bug fixes (including an important one that could have you overwrite your saved games unwillingly), and new features, most notably round robin rules for "FA Season's best" tournament.

Thank you for purchasing and enjoying Full Ace, hope you can spread the word around :)

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:31 pm

Ok, thanks.

Another question: i've edited a good number of players. Is it possible to keep all these changes updating the game to the new version?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:48 pm

Antani wrote:Ok, thanks.

Another question: i've edited a good number of players. Is it possible to keep all these changes updating the game to the new version?

Very good question. I made a change with this version so that player database shouldn't be overwritten when installing the new update over your previous install. To be on the safe side, I would suggest you always backup your data.fas (which contains player data) and Save directory (which contains all your saved games), before updating to a new version. Both are inside the Data directory.

Data delivered with the current update can now be found in data_original.fas (I made some minor changes over the previous version too). When running the game, if data.fas is missing, data_original.fas is duplicated as data.fas.

So, my advice is backup your files, install and let me know if it worked as intended.

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:04 pm

I understand that right? I must once again on the download link download the ENTIRE program, although it is only an update? It would also be nice if you could access it directly from the playing surface out all the time anyway because you must be online. Therefore, an automatic update would be much more useful. If at least my opinion.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 pm

zahnfreak wrote:I understand that right? I must once again on the download link download the ENTIRE program, although it is only an update? It would also be nice if you could access it directly from the playing surface out all the time anyway because you must be online. Therefore, an automatic update would be much more useful. If at least my opinion.

Yes, you understood that right, and yes, we should make it easier. That's what I stated in my earlier answer. We'll be working on that.

Thank you for purchasing.

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:56 pm

I did not look over every single player I've edited, but it seems to be working, thx. :wink:

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”