Awesome!

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Awesome!

Postby T-Duke » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:46 pm

Very well done m8 :)

After 2 years of playing Dream Match Tennis I would never thought to find a game even better both in graphic quality and realism and gameplay! :shock:
This game has tremendous on line potential imho and do need more advertisment. :!:

I will buy it in a few days and hope for a good support and looking forward on line game feature.

Compliments! :)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Awesome!

Postby kschoice » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:52 pm

T-Duke wrote:Very well done m8 :)

After 2 years of playing Dream Match Tennis I would never thought to find a game even better both in graphic quality and realism and gameplay! :shock:
This game has tremendous on line potential imho and do need more advertisment. :!:

I will buy it in a few days and hope for a good support and looking forward on line game feature.

Compliments! :)

:oops: Thank you ! Believe me, your appreciation means the world to us !

Besides, you are very right that we need more advertisement. So, please spread the word ! :D

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:55 pm

As concerns italian pc-game forums I'm already on work :wink:

Except for multyplayer issue, Ireally don't see any good reason for a DMT player (that game, as you surely know, had a good success to be "an indie")to not buy your game :)

Some pretty features one day may be:

- replay for good shots
- stop volley (or is it already in game?)
- editable camera
- slightly reduce of gameplay overall speed
- fatigue system (never seen in any tennis videogame)

bulbe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby bulbe » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:36 pm

I second T-Duke here, this is really an awesome game!

I played dmt several years too and I must say Fullace is much better in every aspect.

Maybe its because I'm playing FA since the first demo (lots of time to get use to the gameplay) but I find the game too easy. I started a season with Rougier and so far I haven't lost more than a game per set after 3 tournaments. Is it possible to add difficulty levels in a next update?

Keep up the good work mates!

@T-Duke : I believe you can make stop volley with the slice shot

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm

bulbe wrote:I second T-Duke here, this is really an awesome game!

I played dmt several years too and I must say Fullace is much better in every aspect.

:oops: Really, thank you for all that praising. We put a lot of effort in it, and it's good to have confirmation that it was good job.

bulbe wrote:Maybe its because I'm playing FA since the first demo (lots of time to get use to the gameplay) but I find the game too easy. I started a season with Rougier and so far I haven't lost more than a game per set after 3 tournaments. Is it possible to add difficulty levels in a next update?

I agree with you on that. AI simply isn't offensive enough for now. In the meanwhile, you can try a new season with a mid-table player. I did that and I think it's much more of a challenge.

bulbe wrote:@T-Duke : I believe you can make stop volley with the slice shot

Indeed, although it still needs some tuning.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:19 pm

After playing the full version, which is really great, I set my mind and have to say the overall speed of the game is fine. :D

Stadiums/arenas are very pretty to see, Wimbledon is stunning :D
Wonderful and very powerful editor. :!:
Great work about "real" player's game style.

As I already wrote, I'd like to see custom camera (or 4-5 preset views) , a decent stop volley is absolutely needed, replay feature (not so necessary but a good "immersive" hit) and mabye volley shots should be a bit more incisive imho.
Strong shot service seems to be too easy even without aim pointer help :wink:

Some info/plan about this features? :)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:23 pm

T-Duke wrote:After playing the full version, which is really great, I set my mind and have to say the overall speed of the game is fine. :D

Stadiums/arenas are very pretty to see, Wimbledon is stunning :D
Wonderful and very powerful editor. :!:
Great work about "real" player's game style.

Thank you again

T-Duke wrote:As I already wrote, I'd like to see custom camera (or 4-5 preset views) , a decent stop volley is absolutely needed, replay feature (not so necessary but a good "immersive" hit) and mabye volley shots should be a bit more incisive imho.
Strong shot service seems to be too easy even without aim pointer help :wink:

Some info/plan about this features? :)

Those are all things I have in mind, but I must say that the plan for now is online play.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:38 pm

I totally agree! :)

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 am

I think the game is great as well, Garros looks amazing
I like to see another camera, like the one in the opening scene.
Another camera, little sound file work and maybe little improvment on the forehand swing
thousands will be playing.

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:58 pm

As I already said before the game is really good. As for stop volley, there's an unconventional way to play them or at least that's what I do: when you're close to the net instead of using a traditional volley use prepare right/left (depending on which side the ball is coming) and then the dropshot button. Maybe it wasn't meant to be like this but I can assure you it works properly (maybe even too much). :D

Apart from this, there are IMHO only some imperfections in the game which I'd like to list to help the programmers:
- the biggest one is the gameplay on clay courts. The ball bounces high (and it's ok) but the surface it's pretty fast. The result is that it's practically impossible to return a good serve. I played Roland Garros and won it with Soderling, with an average of 60 aces per match (+ winning serves). Even the second serve it's really hard to return, because of the combination of high bounce and quickness of the court. However, it's seems like not every clay court is the same, since I've played Montecarlo and returning serve was definitely easier.
- another thing to improve IMHO is CPU game level (maybe with different difficulty levels). It would be nice to see CPU players using strong shots more than they actually do and covering the court better (using slice or volleys to reach balls that are too far to be hitten with a top spin shot).

Anyway the game it's good the same, far better than a lot of games with expensive budgets and HD graphics!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Antani wrote:- the biggest one is the gameplay on clay courts. The ball bounces high (and it's ok) but the surface it's pretty fast. The result is that it's practically impossible to return a good serve. I played Roland Garros and won it with Soderling, with an average of 60 aces per match (+ winning serves). Even the second serve it's really hard to return, because of the combination of high bounce and quickness of the court. However, it's seems like not every clay court is the same, since I've played Montecarlo and returning serve was definitely easier.

I agree with that. Clay should be slower than it is. However, all clay courts have same bounce parameters as of now, that should be changed also.

Antani wrote:- another thing to improve IMHO is CPU game level (maybe with different difficulty levels). It would be nice to see CPU players using strong shots more than they actually do and covering the court better (using slice or volleys to reach balls that are too far to be hitten with a top spin shot).

I agree with that too. I am currently focusing on online play (hopefully I can provide a beta pretty soon), but I intend to modify CPU code to make it more aggressive and therefore difficult to beat.

Antani wrote:Anyway the game it's good the same, far better than a lot of games with expensive budgets and HD graphics!

Thank you ! Our main problem is marketing, and we're counting on satisfied customers like you to tell your friends and people you know over the Internet about the game. Especially because you will need opponents when online play becomes available :)

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:31 pm

Yes, maybe the bounce of clay courts should be a bit slower, but just a bit :wink: As to service, actually I don't think it''s so difficult to return, the main problem for me is that serving ace is too easy (but the ball speed is good) expecially serving aiming center. M y seggestions: speed up the "control-gauge" for hard service and toggle off the aim pointer in multiplayer. 8)

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:16 am

I love this game, and maybe you think now that I had not practiced enough, but about Service, I would not make it more difficult, not before there is a setting to modify the skill levels, this is my opinion. No idea how you create 60 aces in a game, but we'll see you all soon ONLINE ;-)

"Joy of playing against Hard 1st Service" ;-)

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”