The new update & cameras options

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

The new update & cameras options

Postby Tiebreak » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:24 pm

Sorry to say have not yet bought this wonderful unpolsihed diamant of a tennis game :wink: , but as of this update i can wait anymore.
But I have a couple of questions first .

Multiplayer on same pc, only splitscreen ? :(
Cant we just change sides? i like playing at the top of the screen / i dont understand tennis game that take away that option .And with the newly added camera option ( i like the far away cam ) i would atleast have the option to change sides .
And about the camera, would it not be easiest to have a free camera that let us adjust hight and zoom as like ?

Other then that i have nothing moan about , i really belive this game has huge potiental & hopfully you get alot more people to buy it, so that you get some money for your eforts & little budget 2 add more serve and stroke animations :wink:

About making money & increasing budget , would it not be possible to port and release the game for xbox 360 arcade or ps3 store ?.
There are huge amount of bad games on 360 arcade that still sell pretty well . And your game is great and would be the only tennis game out there.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The new update & cameras options

Postby kschoice » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Tiebreak wrote:Multiplayer on same pc, only splitscreen ? :(
Cant we just change sides? i like playing at the top of the screen / i dont understand tennis game that take away that option .And with the newly added camera option ( i like the far away cam ) i would atleast have the option to change sides .

Indeed, since 3D was introduced in tennis games, it has been the trend to always put the camera behind the player. I personally have the feeling that the preparation system would make it even more difficult to play as you suggest in Full Ace. However, I really have no problem with it. I already planned some work on adding more cameras in the future, so I'll try to make it a part of that work.

Tiebreak wrote:And about the camera, would it not be easiest to have a free camera that let us adjust hight and zoom as like ?

I'll give some thought on that too.

Tiebreak wrote:About making money & increasing budget , would it not be possible to port and release the game for xbox 360 arcade or ps3 store ?.
There are huge amount of bad games on 360 arcade that still sell pretty well . And your game is great and would be the only tennis game out there.

It wouldn't be easy to port FullAce on 360 as it uses OpenGL as opposed to DirectX. As for PS3, I'm not sure what the 3D API is, but the cost of a development kit is out of our league as of now anyway.

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi!

It´s not a great "problem", but since the new update 22.july, the "OUT"-vocation sounds very strange, like a dieing duck ;-)
I hope, online game mode would now run more straightly.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 pm

zahnfreak wrote:Hi!

It´s not a great "problem", but since the new update 22.july, the "OUT"-vocation sounds very strange, like a dieing duck ;-)
I hope, online game mode would now run more straightly.

Well, I lowered volume on that sound as well as a crowd sound, because people had complained they were too loud...
I hope most online problems are behind us now.

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:14 am

Hi!

Online problems are better, but there are still problems, now they appear during the game, yesterday we had this problem with "connection lost" during the last game in the first set and once at the beginning at the second set. The "Host-Game-Connection" is now much more stable so it seems.

Thank you for the fast Update for THAT online bug!

Right, the "OUT"-Vocation was loud, but now it sounds not necessarily like "OUT", it´s like "oohhhh" ;-)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:56 am

zahnfreak wrote:Hi!

Online problems are better, but there are still problems, now they appear during the game, yesterday we had this problem with "connection lost" during the last game in the first set and once at the beginning at the second set. The "Host-Game-Connection" is now much more stable so it seems.

Thank you for the fast Update for THAT online bug!

I would need to know if those connection failures are linked to particular events in the game (like cinematics, replays) or if they are random.

zahnfreak wrote:Right, the "OUT"-Vocation was loud, but now it sounds not necessarily like "OUT", it´s like "oohhhh" ;-)

I kept the same sound, only reduced its volume though.

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:08 pm

Once i paused the game and one of us lost the connection. DURING rally there are sometimes only problems like asynchronous movements of the opponent, but only a few seconds, like i see the ball on my side of the court BEFORE i see my opponent hitting. But this is not so disturbing than the connection-problems are.

Maybe i have problems with my ears, i don´t know ;-) "OUT" sounds very strange to me.

Greetings!

P.S.: Please do not take all the criticism personally, this is a great game!

Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tiebreak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Thanx for the fast answers !
Glad you considering more options for the camera, and for me playing on the far side of the court would make a great game even better , and now that I bought the game you must give me the option :wink: (joking) .

And of course i have some more questions

I was under the impression that the game would be easy 2 edit , was thinking mainly adding real loggos for the rackets & shirts etc . But also
maybe some court editing and faces . I was looking in the texture folder and saw everthing was in a format called .tex ( could not open with photoshop) . Would be nice if you could point us in the right direction .

Tnx for a great game , keep up the good work & hopfully more people will find this game so we could get some online action

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:16 pm

Tiebreak wrote:I was under the impression that the game would be easy 2 edit , was thinking mainly adding real loggos for the rackets & shirts etc . But also
maybe some court editing and faces . I was looking in the texture folder and saw everthing was in a format called .tex ( could not open with photoshop) . Would be nice if you could point us in the right direction .

For now, the textures are stored in a custom format which holds some game information as well as the raw bitmap data. I have some plans making it more straightforward in the future. Including allowing a "patch" directory where you could store your edited resources so that the game replaces the original ones with them, without having them overwritten when the game is upgraded.

Tiebreak wrote:Thanx for the fast answers !
Tnx for a great game , keep up the good work & hopfully more people will find this game so we could get some online action

It's up to you too, use every mean at your disposal to let people know about the game... We can't really afford a marketing budget :(

Bomber76
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Bomber76 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:02 pm

The camera can 'change while you're playing or just in the settings menu'?
Which you prefer? I mean that ...
And 'normal during a game online, after a while' the game crashes with error?
Anyway congratulations, the simulator is making progress with these new updates, keep it up .. Hello by Bomber :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:02 am

Bomber76 wrote:The camera can 'change while you're playing or just in the settings menu'?
Which you prefer? I mean that ...

For now, you can only change the camera in the settings menu. I think I will probably allow changing it during game in an upcoming update.

Bomber76 wrote:And 'normal during a game online, after a while' the game crashes with error?

It always seems strange to me when people ask if it is normal that a program crashes. Maybe it is because there are so many bad developers around. A program crashing should never be seen as normal. You should be more precise though in order to fix it, like when it happens, what it displays, and if the Full Ace crash box appears with instructions, you should of course follow them.

Bomber76 wrote:Anyway congratulations, the simulator is making progress with these new updates, keep it up .. Hello by Bomber :D

Thank you. You can help us by advertising Full Ace around you in any way you can think of. The best way to make sure that we keep improving the game is that many people buy it.

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:08 am

Hi!

If all the problems with the online game are fixed, and many other players regularly online, I'm looking forward to something like a "world rankings". What do you mean? I think it's great!

See you on the pitch!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 am

Tiebreak wrote:Thanx for the fast answers !
Glad you considering more options for the camera, and for me playing on the far side of the court would make a great game even better , and now that I bought the game you must give me the option :wink: (joking) .

And of course i have some more questions

I was under the impression that the game would be easy 2 edit , was thinking mainly adding real loggos for the rackets & shirts etc . But also

Hello Tiebreak

Yesterday's upgrade addresses both your court side issue (by disabling the "Camera behind player" option in the SETTINGS menu) and your editing issue (as textures are now provided in PNG and JPG format). There is also a trick that allows adding textures for strings, shirts, shorts and shoes, that I can tell you about.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 am

The following camera option is simply awesome! FaT is getting better and better. Great support and attention for customer's feedback :)

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:08 am

KS, where to get the new update? I didn't receive any mail, nor I found here on fa website. Is it going to work if I download the game from the very first link I received when I bought the game?

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”