Marketing Strategy.

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Marketing Strategy.

Postby zahnfreak » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:25 am

Hello.

I'm quite cheeky now!

How can you market the game much better? It is designed so professional and I think it might, when there are still some little things and bugs fixed, keep up with an EA Sports game!

I find it very unfortunate that we currently have only about 100 registered users.

What about publictiy at Facebook or MySpace? What do you think of the proposal, you "buy" from Google a fortuitous hit rate at the keyword "Online play tennis? Sure, this will cost money, i know. I´m telling my friends, they like Tennis, but they haven´t the time to play it regularly and will therefore not feel like to come to terms with this game because it is not so easy than other games, myself find especially THIS very good!! But some guys got problems with that at the beginning. Perhaps it makes sense, therefore, a kind of "Beginner mode" to install, which can be controlled as similar as it was then "Great Courts 2" for Amiga if it´s yet known.

All this, only to teach people more about it at the beginning of an easier game handling, I think they pay rather then ;-)

It´s really just an idea! 15 € aren´t much money for THIS game!

Greetings!

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Re: Marketing Strategy.

Postby T-Duke » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:42 am

The game should be reviewed by some well know site like Gamespot, IGN, Gamershell...

zahnfreak
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby zahnfreak » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:25 am

I have also begun to YouTube comments in other tennis games with the link to Full Ace Tennis Simulator vote, as far as was possible. All serious and not clumsy, do not worry!

So, for example, as a DIRECT link is probably not allowed: "A new online tennis game is available! Look at:
Full Ace Tennis by google, fireball ...
It's realistic, great ... try out, there is a demo version to download for! "

Only a first attempt and I hope the programmer agrees with this kind of "advertising"?!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:02 pm

T-Duke wrote:The game should be reviewed by some well know site like Gamespot, IGN, Gamershell...

We contact many sites like these but usually get no answer. Maybe it could help if players contacted these sites and ask why they haven't reviewed the game.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:03 pm

zahnfreak wrote:Only a first attempt and I hope the programmer agrees with this kind of "advertising"?!

Any kind is good I get, especially coming from enthusiastic players as opposed to us developers.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:07 pm

zahnfreak wrote:What about publictiy at Facebook or MySpace? What do you think of the proposal, you "buy" from Google a fortuitous hit rate at the keyword "Online play tennis? Sure, this will cost money, i know.

We already did some advertising on google, with not much success.

zahnfreak wrote:I´m telling my friends, they like Tennis, but they haven´t the time to play it regularly and will therefore not feel like to come to terms with this game because it is not so easy than other games, myself find especially THIS very good!! But some guys got problems with that at the beginning. Perhaps it makes sense, therefore, a kind of "Beginner mode" to install, which can be controlled as similar as it was then "Great Courts 2" for Amiga if it´s yet known.

All this, only to teach people more about it at the beginning of an easier game handling, I think they pay rather then ;-)

We have thought this through and working on releasing a new version soon. New settings would help make the game more friendly for beginners, like a difficulty setting for AIs, and an automatic mode for preparation.

Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tiebreak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 pm

Am also trying to recruit friends and automatic mode for preparation is the thing most of my friends would like ,
( unlike me that would be the last thing I want :roll: ) but of course i can understand you adding it as a option .
More userfriendly would hopfully result in higher sales .
Me am glad that tennis on pc is being made in the first place, we were a starving breed for a while .
And glad you working on the ai , would be nice to have some option on that . The other thing people i talk 2 is the graphics , they complain on serve and mostly forehand animations but also with some antilasing on the hair texture (maybe its there grapich cards :wink: ) .
But I was actualy wondering how the animations were made ? did you guys use motion capture ?

Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tiebreak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

One more thing , the sound came up in the debate on things that could improve . And i have to agree .
I love the sound of the strokes, but if possible it would be nice with a little variation . Different sound for different strokes would be a nice thing to have.
Maybe adding a option for grunts 2 (have to be able to create myself :lol: )

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:08 pm

Tiebreak wrote:Am also trying to recruit friends and automatic mode for preparation is the thing most of my friends would like ,
( unlike me that would be the last thing I want :roll: ) but of course i can understand you adding it as a option .
More userfriendly would hopfully result in higher sales .
Me am glad that tennis on pc is being made in the first place, we were a starving breed for a while .
And glad you working on the ai , would be nice to have some option on that . The other thing people i talk 2 is the graphics , they complain on serve and mostly forehand animations but also with some antilasing on the hair texture (maybe its there grapich cards :wink: ) .
But I was actualy wondering how the animations were made ? did you guys use motion capture ?

Tiebreak wrote:One more thing , the sound came up in the debate on things that could improve . And i have to agree .
I love the sound of the strokes, but if possible it would be nice with a little variation . Different sound for different strokes would be a nice thing to have.
Maybe adding a option for grunts 2 (have to be able to create myself :lol: )

Animations are "hand made". Your suggestions are things I want to do too, but there are so many things to do and I can't do everything at once... :wink:

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”