Future online play

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Future online play

Postby Tiebreak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Hello again :D

Have not have the guts to try online just yet .
But of course i have questions about it .

The biggest problems with online tennis game is there always some cheap tricks & poeple exploiting evrything they can to win . And my main consern is if you will let people play with any stats on their character :cry: 100 in everthing would be so boring , even 100 forehand backhand power would be sad . But seeing that this is a sim game, aimd for harcore tennis fans am sure you have something planned :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Future online play

Postby kschoice » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:05 pm

I have mitigated feelings about this.

No matter how hard you try, a crafty hacker will always manage to overcome any kind of anti-cheating system (except if all crucial actions are dealt with on the main server side, like in MMORPGs, but that is not feasible for a tennis game due to lag issues).
Nonetheless, I agree that some system would maybe at least help. In the meanwhile, my only advice would be to simply avoid playing those who obviously cheat. We can also hope that a game like Full Ace doesn't really attract cheap cheaters.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:59 pm

Yes I agree and I'm not afraid of cheating here. This is not "that kind of game", moreover, gameplay mechanics are so well conceived that in my opinion there's really no much space even to lame, so no unrealistic services or unlikely recovers or similar stuff as we often experienced in other tennis games 8)

Tiebreak
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tiebreak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Am sorry to say every online game has a couple of people that will do anything to win or to be the best . And yes avoiding those players are the best solotion :lol: . But i was more refering to stats that would be more true to the sport . Something in a way to limit the stats , so players cant have 100 in every stat . All players have some weaknesses, even federers backhand aint 100% :wink: . I just would find it very boring to play against players that would have none , that would leave no strategy at all . And in my humble opinion ,strategy is a big thing in tennis . Maybe have mode that allows free stats and a sim mode that gives you certain amount of points . But still maybe only allowing one stat at Between 90- 100 & 2 stat at 80-90 and so on . And if such a system would be implemented there should be a minimum at stat 2 , so people cant chose to have 0 in volley or any other stat for that matter .

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Tiebreak wrote:Maybe have mode that allows free stats and a sim mode that gives you certain amount of points . But still maybe only allowing one stat at Between 90- 100 & 2 stat at 80-90 and so on . And if such a system would be implemented there should be a minimum at stat 2 , so people cant chose to have 0 in volley or any other stat for that matter .

That's a good point. For multy I create a character with all stats to 80. Maybe it would be easier if everyone create a self-character with all stats to 100 to avoid unbalance issues. Just an idea :D

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”