Love the game!!!

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Love the game!!!

Postby Kryptonite » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:15 am

I'm really enjoying the game and I appreciate any developer that tries to make a simulation as opposed to shallow arcade games that the big companies seem to release.

Having played Dream Match Tennis for the last few years, a game which albeit a very good game, had it's problems and it's creators didn't seem to want to update and evolve the the game, much to my frustration. Whereas with Full Ace Tennis I feel that you guys want to make the best Tennis sim ever, and to be honest, your very nearly there 8)

Possible Improvements
The gameplay is superb, but I think the slice, especially on the backhand side should have more reach, as it's a defensive shot(most of the time), which most players utilize when their pushed out wide and they don't have enough time to wind up their topspin backswing shot.

Obviously, the graphics could be improved and the forehand animation can look a bit wooden sometimes, so that could use some work.

I'd like the hair models to be improved, especially the short skinhead look, as Mikhail Youzhny looks like something from a Charlie Brown cartoon with the current hair options :D
Although I realize this type of superfluous improvement won't be getting your full attention until the gameplay engine is as perfect as you deem fit first.

Cheers!!!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Love the game!!!

Postby kschoice » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:41 am

Thank you for your compliments, I agree with your remarks. As you said, we'll try to address them along time according to their priority :wink:

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:54 pm

Can you add Irish to the nationality options when creating a new player :(

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Kryptonite wrote:Can you add Irish to the nationality options when creating a new player :(

Will try not to forget it for the next update.

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:43 pm

kschoice wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:Can you add Irish to the nationality options when creating a new player :(

Will try not to forget it for the next update.

8)

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:03 am

I absolutely agree with Kryptonite, the game is going to be the best tennis simulator so far.

Of course, there are a lot of improvments to make, but with the users support buying the game, the developers will get the financial help they need and work further on developing this great tennis game.

I alreday made my suggestions for game improvements, such as like; traces for ball bounces on the court which gives the gameplay one higher level reallity, maybe a hawk-eye system if it's possible, the player movement, different sounds for slice, topspin, etc..

I'll also try to spread a word for FULLACE whereever I can to get new tennisfans..

lametennisplayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby lametennisplayer » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:59 pm

a hawkeye system would be mad (that means awesome here), no other game has it atm, if you could move players serve postion prior to serving will be good instead of stationary, and i agree about the backhand slice, its hard to use it in defensive positon.

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:24 am

lametennisplayer wrote:a hawkeye system would be mad (that means awesome here), no other game has it atm, if you could move players serve postion prior to serving will be good instead of stationary, and i agree about the backhand slice, its hard to use it in defensive positon.

Smash Court 3 had a hawkeye type system on Xbox 360 were you had 3 challenges a set, it was pretty cool 8)

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:36 am

In my opinion, the problem with adding a hawkeye system to the game is that the game would sometimes have to call the ball out on purpose even when the ball would be good. That sort of system seems redundant in a video game since the calls are never wrong in the first place, not to mention the programming headache it would create.

lametennisplayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby lametennisplayer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Kryptonite wrote:
lametennisplayer wrote:a hawkeye system would be mad (that means awesome here), no other game has it atm, if you could move players serve postion prior to serving will be good instead of stationary, and i agree about the backhand slice, its hard to use it in defensive positon.

Smash Court 3 had a hawkeye type system on Xbox 360 were you had 3 challenges a set, it was pretty cool 8)

wow, i didnt even know that, i had smash court tennis 1 and 2 for playstation, i didnt even know there was a smash court 3, but i dont have an xbox, was it good?

lametennisplayer
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby lametennisplayer » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:36 pm

Jay wrote:In my opinion, the problem with adding a hawkeye system to the game is that the game would sometimes have to call the ball out on purpose even when the ball would be good. That sort of system seems redundant in a video game since the calls are never wrong in the first place, not to mention the programming headache it would create.

in retrospect i was thinking the same thing....

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:44 pm

lametennisplayer wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:

wow, i didnt even know that, i had smash court tennis 1 and 2 for playstation, i didnt even know there was a smash court 3, but i dont have an xbox, was it good?

I thought it sucked when I first played it years ago, then I got RROD on my Xbox360 and I forgot about the game. But then I played it again a few months ago and I quite enjoyed the career mode, which was pretty in-depth.

Kryptonite
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kryptonite » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:31 pm

kschoice

Can you add joypad support while scrolling through menus, I use an Xbox 360 wireless pad and it's annoying to have to get up after every match to use the mouse.

FaRRe986
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby FaRRe986 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Kryptonite wrote:kschoice

Can you add joypad support while scrolling through menus, I use an Xbox 360 wireless pad and it's annoying to have to get up after every match to use the mouse.

I think this will be done in the next update.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:27 pm

FaRRe986 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:kschoice

I think this will be done in the next update.

Sorry, it won't as this update is almost ready. As for adding joypad support in future updates, I realize that the lack is annoying but it is also pretty time consuming and I'd rather push other things first. But I'll keep it in mind.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”