ITST Launches Full Ace Tennis Tour

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: ITST Launches Full Ace Tennis Tour

Postby SlicerITST » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:55 pm

Hey guys,

Im very happy to see that this community has gained quite a lot of followers.

Just a few things i want to mention about ITST and the things you seem to run into.

If you get this message it means your account is not linked to a tour.

Tournament Signup

You can not signup for this a PC Full Ace Tennis tournament.

We have quite a lot of tours running and a mistake is easily made. We dont want people to accidently sign up for tournaments on the wrong tour. Missing for example Wimbledon because of something like that can be very dissapointing.

Fixing this is very easy. Do these steps:

Go to your personal page.
    Click change your user profile.
    There you want to check the Xbox 360 player checkbox.
    Submit and you are able to sign up.

A better method to handle this is on our to do list. :)

The other thing you guys ran into is the validation process. When you sign up for a tournament you receive a confirmation mail. It means you are signed up for a tournament but not validated yet. Validation is more an administrative process on our side and its nothing for you to worry about. I wont bore you with the reasons why we do this but a tournament host has to validate every sign up.

I guess it would be a good thing to mention some general things as well about ITST. The tournament host i just mentioned is someone overseeing the tournament. When a deadline for a round is there he will make a decision about the matches that where not played. If you have any problems with a match then contact them. They will make a decision on the information they have and cannot be expected to chase you around for information. That is also why we want you to schedule matches using the ITST forum messaging system. Tournament hosts can see the messages that are sent between you and your opponent. If you schedule a match on msn, this forum or in the game lobby then the tournament host knows nothing about it. You can always sent him the conversations you had with your opponent but do this in a timely fashion. Who the tournament host for a particular tournament is can be seen on the tournament page of a tournament page. A tournament page can be accessed anywhere on the site by clicking on the tournament name. The Wimbledon tournament page for example is here: http://www.intertopspintour.net/index.p ... pc&gc=FAPC . The tournament host can be seen on the top right of the page. For this tournament it is me. On the tournament page you can also see how many points this tournament will gain you, on what court you should play on and if you play best of 3 of best of 5.

Just know i can be contacted day and night with questions or problems regarding ITST. I only reply by day though. :lol:

I do have a question for you guys. I dont want to have this tournament without character limitation rules. So what do you guys think would be good character limitations? Please be specific. I think if we work together we can set up some rules that will make the tour very enjoyable now and in the future.

tomasorti
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby tomasorti » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:19 am

Well, I signed for Wimbledon.
It is a shame Nadal couldn't win.
Let's see if I can win a at least a game...

Simms59
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Simms59 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:10 am

I mentioned in my previous post how I think the points should be distributed. Full Ace allows for customization of any of the players already in the game. Technically, you could set the skill points of one player to have a 100 in each aspect of their respective game. Since Full Ace does not have a career mode like TS4, I suggest that we agree on a set amount of points to be distributed to an edited player. Each person could then use the created player they made for the tournament. This is also a cool way to make each player unique and allows everyone to allot points to the areas that everyone considers crucial.

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:20 am

I strongly agree with Simms, player customization needs limitations (at least in the ITST tour), otherwise we will have a tour of godlike players (aka cheaters in other games :D ) who hit 3/4 aces every game and direct winners all the time with no rallies and exciting points whatsoever- We should have a well-balanced points system with a limited number of spendable points as it happens in other games.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:37 am

Giving an amount of points to be divided on different abilities will not help at all. People could still create godlike players. Just by saving all points for the important abilities. In my opinion there are four circumstances that have to taken into account and these are - in order of importance:

1. No godlike characters, which make normal matches impossible
2. Fair conditions for everyone
3. Keeping it easy for admins and players to not endanger the success of revitalizing the tour due to technical issues
4. Free space to create a character with individual skills

The easiest solution would be to set all abilities to 80 %. That would at least fulfill the points 1 till 3.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:07 am

Schaffinho wrote:4. Free space to create a character with individual skills

The easiest solution would be to set all abilities to 80 %. That would at least fulfill the points 1 till 3.

Any solution fulfilling point 4 would probably need an interactive way to setup the character while making sure rules are enforced.

Here's how I see things. Outside of character issues, there should be a data file holding configuration for all courts in ITST circuit anyway, to make sure that everyone uses the same bounce coefficients in a given tournament (cheating could also be used by players tweaking bounce properties to slow down or speed up play according to their own preference).
Now, characters listed in such a file could also be the only ones that can be picked to play on the tour. It can be as simple as the original character list, or as elaborated as allowing tour players to submit their own characters to be added in the list. Of course, it would need that a selection of player(s) is given the responsibility of maintaining this list.
I think this solution would be the most reliable in the long run, giving tour players the ability to react quickly to any attempt of abusing the game. There are several ways to enforce proper use/warn about abuse inside the game based on this "official tour data file" principle.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:21 am

That's of course the best solution, but it's also the one with the most technical issues to handle. If you are willing to this the better.

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:58 am

Anyone has been confirmed for Wimbledon ? I've signed up for the tournament 2 days ago but still I haven't got the confirmation via e-mail from ITST.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Don't worry. It takes some days sometimes.

Simms59
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Simms59 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 am

Okay so the tournament is fast approaching and I'm not quite sure how it is going to work yet. I see that we still have 16 slots open so we somehow need to fill those as quickly as possible. I still think my idea on how to fairly have edit players in the tournament is a good one. I think the best way to do it is as follows.

There are 26 different attributes that can be edited in the player editor function for full ace. I would like to think that all of these attributes have importance, but I'm sure that some would disagree. I noticed one poster claimed that everyone would simply put all the points into the areas that matter the most. I guess my question then remains, what are the areas that matter the most? If we agree to create new characters and only allow each person to give let's say, 1000 points total, that means that everyone will have to debate what areas to spread out the talent points. I honestly think that a good number of points for each player is 1500 for the 26 skill pools. This means that you won't have ridiculous players on the court, but that people can pick and choose where to put all the talent points. We could also agree to set a limit on the maximum amt. of points allowed per attribute point. In this scenario for instance, you would only be allowed to put 90 points maximum into a set skill. As long as everyone is honest, and with such a small pool of players I imagine everyone would be, then I think this idea is good. Thoughts? What amt. of points do you guys think is a good idea? Should we cap the amt. of points that a player can put into a certain skill set?

1000?
1500?
2000?

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:41 am

Schaffinho wrote:The administer of ITST has reacted and opened a Wimbledon tournament.

We are swamped by TS4 business at the moment. But honestly, i dont mind hosting this tour as i do believe in the game and the guys behind it. Truth is though that absolutely nothing was being played anymore.

I set up a Wimbledon tournament. I know it is late but the Wimbledon name is probably the best way to gear interest in the tour. Try to promote this tournament. Tell everyone you play about it and spread the word. I would be happy to continue a tour if you guys could have 20 players.

Now it's our turn to prove that there is really the need of an FA tour. So please join. Believe me: Playing online tournaments is real fun.

Here's the link to ITST

http://www.intertopspintour.net/index.php?p=tournaments&pf=fa_pc&gc=FAPC

Good work. I see that action was taken. That's what I'm talking about!! ( =
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:42 am

Simms59 wrote:I honestly think that a good number of points for each player is 1500 for the 26 skill pools. This means that you won't have ridiculous players on the court, but that people can pick and choose where to put all the talent points. We could also agree to set a limit on the maximum amt. of points allowed per attribute point. In this scenario for instance, you would only be allowed to put 90 points maximum into a set skill.

There could also be a minimum amount of points allowed per attribute.

Simms59 wrote:As long as everyone is honest, and with such a small pool of players I imagine everyone would be, then I think this idea is good.

That's what I thought in the first place. However, this issue came up with the first tournaments early this year.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 am

Simms59 wrote:Okay so the tournament is fast approaching and I'm not quite sure how it is going to work yet. I see that we still have 16 slots open so we somehow need to fill those as quickly as possible.

The tournament will start today no matter how many places are left. 32 is just the maximum ammount of players.

Simms59 wrote: I noticed one poster claimed that everyone would simply put all the points into the areas that matter the most. I guess my question then remains, what are the areas that matter the most?

Play on grass against a player with a 100 % service and you'll know it.

SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby SlicerITST » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:53 pm

I started the tournament so people can start to arrange matches. We need to come up with some rules asap though.

Simms59
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Simms59 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm

Slicer, Where should I post on the ITST website? Is there a forum dedicated solely to Full Ace Tennis? I think the best way to do rules is the simply make every character have an 85 (or an 80) in all skill categories. This would make it so everyone on the tour is identical and thus making the most talented players win. I considered options to make the players more unique, but I think an 85 in all stats is the fairest, fastest, and easiest way to get this tournament started on a fair note. Everyone should still be able to edit all other properties, such as if I want a two handed or one handed backhand. Is this cool with everyone?

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”