Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Federer wrote:I don't see an option to save mid match. That's much needed if so.

You may save at the end of any set, while the match stats are displayed.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:44 am

ok thanks, I have never noticed that option.

Is the game programmed to always replay the point when Hawkeye makes a correction, because I have never seen a point awarded after Hawkeye? I know we had our discussion but to my mind the simplest thing to program is opposing player does not touch ball = point awarded. Yes there may be very rare occasions where this is unfair but far fewer injustices than currently. An if FA players knew about this rule they would make sure to attempt the ball even if it's called out. I had my serve broke last night because my clean ace (opposing player did not even move) was incorrectly called out and the point replayed after a Hawkeye challenge.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:49 am

Federer wrote:ok thanks, I have never noticed that option.

Maybe it should be more obvious. If you have any idea in that regard, please let me know.

Federer wrote:Is the game programmed to always replay the point when Hawkeye makes a correction, because I have never seen a point awarded after Hawkeye? I know we had our discussion but to my mind the simplest thing to program is opposing player does not touch ball = point awarded. Yes there may be very rare occasions where this is unfair but far fewer injustices than currently. I had my serve broke last night because my clean ace (opposing player did not even move) was incorrectly called out and the point replayed after a Hawkeye challenge.

I have actually identified and hopefully fixed that problem (by increasing the AI's reaction time to a "fault" call a tad), so it should be corrected in upcoming versions. Unfortunately I can't release a version with just that change because I am deep inside all the changes I am making for the brand new version.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:03 am

I wouldn't expect you to mate. I'm just glad you've recognized and fixing the problem. So what will the Hawkeye rules be in the new version?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:13 am

Federer wrote:I wouldn't expect you to mate. I'm just glad you've recognized and fixing the problem. So what will the Hawkeye rules be in the new version?

They are the same. The problem wasn't with the rules. The problem was that AI players would acknowledge "fault" calls too quickly, therefore providing them no chance to demonstrate if they could have reached for the ball or not in certain situations. As a result, the CPU referee would interpret that as this player not hitting the ball because he was misled by the call, which led to replaying the point - which is the correct outcome based on this interpretation.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:21 am

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:I wouldn't expect you to mate. I'm just glad you've recognized and fixing the problem. So what will the Hawkeye rules be in the new version?

They are the same. The problem wasn't with the rules. The problem was that AI players would acknowledge "fault" calls too quickly, therefore providing them no chance to demonstrate if they could have reached for the ball or not in certain situations. As a result, the CPU referee would interpret that as this player not hitting the ball because he was misled by the call, which led to replaying the point - which is the correct outcome based on this interpretation.

I see, but then won't human vs human matches still have the same problem?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 am

Federer wrote:I see, but then won't human vs human matches still have the same problem?

Sorry I was addressing only the AI case. The same reaction time applies to human players : if after this amount of time has passed, the player hasn't hit the ball and he is out of reach based on his current pace, and the ball trajectory, the point will be awarded.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:10 pm

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:I don't see an option to save mid match. That's much needed if so.

You may save at the end of any set, while the match stats are displayed.

Where is the save option?

On the stats screen there is just the usual options - resume, settings, replay, exit. Thanks

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Federer wrote:Where is the save option?

On the stats screen there is just the usual options - resume, settings, replay, exit. Thanks

Are you talking about an exhibition game ? The save option is only available for matches during a career or tournament.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:22 pm

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:Where is the save option?

Are you talking about an exhibition game ? The save option is only available for matches during a career or tournament.

Yes I only play exhibition. Is there a reason you can't allow saves for exhibition?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Federer wrote:Yes I only play exhibition. Is there a reason you can't allow saves for exhibition?

Main reason is I didn't think it was worth the trouble, to be honest. Another reason is that in Career and Tournament modes, you already have a savefile so the SAVE option only has to overwrite that file, not create a new one. Also, allowing saves for exhibition might mean that allowing them online games, and resuming a saved online game is not as easy.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:34 pm

kschoice wrote:
Federer wrote:Yes I only play exhibition. Is there a reason you can't allow saves for exhibition?

Main reason is I didn't think it was worth the trouble, to be honest. Another reason is that in Career and Tournament modes, you already have a savefile so the SAVE option only has to overwrite that file, not create a new one. Also, allowing saves for exhibition might mean that allowing them online games, and resuming a saved online game is not as easy.

All my matches seem to go the distance haha. The problem is if you just leave the game paused then comeback to it an hour later, it has frozen and you can't continue. I expect exhibition will be the most popular game mode so I think it would be worth allowing saves.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Federer wrote:All my matches seem to go the distance haha. The problem is if you just leave the game paused then comeback to it an hour later, it has frozen and you can't continue. I expect exhibition will be the most popular game mode so I think it would be worth allowing saves.

I wouldn't bet that exhibition is the most popular game mode, but I agree that allowing saves is sensible. I make note of that for the future version.

SmileKill
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby SmileKill » Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:23 am

There is a big activity since that i'm past ! Sorry for my very bad english i'm french !
I just have to hope that a update comes soon, about duplicates is it set up?

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:30 pm

SmileKill wrote:There is a big activity since that i'm past ! Sorry for my very bad english i'm french !
I just have to hope that a update comes soon, about duplicates is it set up?

Welcome back, I was the guy you played a few times.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”