Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby Federer » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:12 pm

Seen the new animations on youtube; that look's really great. Let's hope it gets the player base back and the online going again.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:18 pm

Federer wrote:Seen the new animations on youtube; that look's really great. Let's hope it gets the player base back and the online going again.

For sure ! Don't hesitate to share these on facebook or anywhere you may think of, to help the process :D

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:41 pm

any news on the update?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:08 pm

Federer wrote:any news on the update?

Still working on it. I expect to upload another video soon.

Tony2512
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Tony2512 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:58 pm

Where do u upload the videos? Hard to find...

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:24 pm

Tony2512 wrote:Where do u upload the videos? Hard to find...

Hey Tony ! Here are the links :

Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/Full-Ace-tenni ... 117231360/
Youtube channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGVB8L ... y_bpszeDoA

Please register !

Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Malcolmp » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:21 am

I posted the Youtube links on the Operation Sports forum.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:07 pm

Malcolmp wrote:I posted the Youtube links on the Operation Sports forum.

Great ! I was wanting to do that but I thought their guidelines prevented me from doing it (it would be considered advertisement).
Thanks !

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:17 am

Hey Kschoice,

Excited to hear the news of an upcoming update. It looks as though it will be a huge one, with even more modding potential (animations) and the ability to maybe add custom modded ones I presume? Also maybe in the future I would love to have specific Player-Styles added, for instance
(Serve & Volley)
(Offensive Baseliner)
(Defensive Baseliner)
(All-Around)
These Player-Styles would dictate how a specific player plays in game (CPU)

Also I saw a post on ITST website with a little discussion about Full Ace and a member there mentioned something about the player stats not being much of a difference between a player with O power compared to one with 100 power. I totally agree with his statement one of my pet peeves when editing players.
Editing the pros it should be a noticeable difference between someone with 0 and one with 100 in a particular ability. So I would love to see a bigger separation in the numbers in game from (0-100) that way editing players in the roster would really mean something. But not just with the power all the stats should be this way. Also higher MPH/KMH on serve to match up to the Real life Pros (140-150 MPH) Max Serve Speed.

Here is the quote from ITST
JasonBourne
The gap between the stats: The gap between the stats are too small. I felt Nadal and Federers stats where too high, they were hitting too strong, so I tried to mod and find some stats that I felt was more realistic. One thing I found out is, even if power is 0, you can still hit some explosive shots. I mean, the difference of 100 and 0 stats isnt really that different. Imo, 0 power should be very slow shots.

So after trying to find the suitable stat, I gave rafa and fed both 50 power on fh, and 40 on bh. They still hit so hard, but its a bit slower.

Same thing with the speed, and service. 0 speed, he can still run fast. And 0 service power, you can still hit 100 mph service. That way too much fo a 0 power. Even Nadal hits 110 mph irl :D. Maybe nerf it to 80 mph I dno.

Why am I saying this? Because then its hard to give stats to certain players because you wont feel it that much. But if going lower would be softer than it is right now, you would be able to feel the difference from a 90 power vs 95 power for example.

Another thing on service though, 100 power can only server max 130 mph. I think that is too soft :D There are tennis players who can hit at least 140 mph era consistant, think of Roddick with his 140 mph services, or Karlovic who once did 155 mph :D. My suggestion would be; buff the max power of service and nerf the min power of service.

Replay of point: This happened to me a couple times. When I hit a winner, and the ref calls it out I challenged it and it took the line. My opponent didnt returned the ball, so normally I should get the winner, but instead the game gave it a replay point. Normally, as far as I know, point can only be replayed if opponent returns the ball back. Otherwise it should be a winner. I think this is a bug in the game.
aka "MissionMaximus"

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:25 am

If the serve power is 0 then the maximum serve should be 80mph? That doesn't make much sense because in real life no professional tennis player has that weak of a first serve so I have to disagree there.

I do agree that 100 serve power should give you the ability to serve around 140mph, just with a higher stamina penalty over time with some sort of adrenaline/momentum feature to compensate.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Agassi74 wrote:Hey Kschoice,

Excited to hear the news of an upcoming update. It looks as though it will be a huge one, with even more modding potential (animations) and the ability to maybe add custom modded ones I presume? Also maybe in the future I would love to have specific Player-Styles added, for instance
(Serve & Volley)
(Offensive Baseliner)
(Defensive Baseliner)
(All-Around)

Also I saw a post on ITST website with a little discussion about Full Ace and a member there mentioned something about the player stats not being much of a difference between a player with O power compared to one with 100 power. I totally agree with his statement one of my pet peeves when editing players.
Editing the pros it should be a noticeable difference between someone with 0 and one with 100 in a particular ability. So I would love to see a bigger separation in the numbers in game from (0-100) that way editing players in the roster would really mean something. But not just with the power all the stats should be this way. Also higher MPH/KMH on serve to match up to the Real life Pros (140-150 MPH) Max Serve Speed.

Hi Agassi74,

Glad to see you back. I've been trying to reach you on your e-mail address to keep you up to date on what I was doing, but it didn't seem to work. if you don't mind, please reach me via PM or e-mail with your new contact info.

I don't believe in defined player styles per se, I think it is too rigid of a system. I would rather add stats that would determine the likeliness of the player using each given style of play. However, I must say that right now I am focusing on what is more obvious to the eye, ie animations and more basic gameplay, as it is what gets the attention of the average player.

I'll try to review the scales of player stats at some point, but for now I must say it is not a priority. I agree with Jay that 80 MPH seems a very low number for a pro player. I also agree that there should be room for 140-150 MPH max serve speed, but before this can be introduced, changes are needed in return of serve gameplay.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:02 am

Jay wrote:If the serve power is 0 then the maximum serve should be 80mph? That doesn't make much sense because in real life no professional tennis player has that weak of a first serve so I have to disagree there.

I do agree that 100 serve power should give you the ability to serve around 140mph, just with a higher stamina penalty over time with some sort of adrenaline/momentum feature to compensate.

I think what the poster was saying and I would agree is that a "0" Serve Power should be a Softball underhand pitch (in regards to speed) if the ratings are going to matter. If you give a player "0" Serve Power it should be a slow-pitch Softball Serve speed not in the 100 mph range. Of course no player will have a "0" Serve Power in reality in-game so it's a moot point. It's more about the ratings 0-100 there should be a wider margin separating 0 to 100.

I did the same thing playing around editing players and gave some guys "0" in Forehand power and they were still crushing the ball visually no difference. It should be a major difference when a player has a "0" in a particular ability.
aka "MissionMaximus"

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:21 am

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:Hey Kschoice,

(Serve & Volley)
(Offensive Baseliner)
(Defensive Baseliner)
(All-Around)

Hi Agassi74,

Glad to see you back. I've been trying to reach you on your e-mail address to keep you up to date on what I was doing, but it didn't seem to work. if you don't mind, please reach me via PM or e-mail with your new contact info.

I don't believe in defined player styles per se, I think it is too rigid of a system. I would rather add stats that would determine the likeliness of the player using each given style of play. However, I must say that right now I am focusing on what is more obvious to the eye, ie animations and more basic gameplay, as it is what gets the attention of the average player.

I'll try to review the scales of player stats at some point, but for now I must say it is not a priority. I agree with Jay that 80 MPH seems a very low number for a pro player. I also agree that there should be room for 140-150 MPH max serve speed, but before this can be introduced, changes are needed in return of serve gameplay.

Understood kschoice more important things 1st.
I understand your reasoning behind not labeling players to dictate their playing styles but rather allowing the stats dictate play style.
But I think having to change certain stats to influence players real-life play styles can get out of whack sometimes. In the ATP each player has a distinct play-style and sometimes it goes against their strengths. 90% of ATP players are Baseliners but there again you have differences in that they can be Defensive Baseliners, Offensive Baseliners, PowerBaseliners , Counter-Punchers, Clay-Court Baseliners etc....
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:31 am

Agassi74 wrote:I think what the poster was saying and I would agree is that a "0" Serve Power should be a Softball underhand pitch (in regards to speed) if the ratings are going to matter. If you give a player "0" Serve Power it should be a slow-pitch Softball Serve speed not in the 100 mph range. Of course no player will have a "0" Serve Power in reality in-game so it's a moot point. It's more about the ratings 0-100 there should be a wider margin separating 0 to 100.

I did the same thing playing around editing players and gave some guys "0" in Forehand power and they were still crushing the ball visually no difference. It should be a major difference when a player has a "0" in a particular ability.

I personally don't see the point of having values that won't relate to any pro player, and therefore a 0-100 scale where all players will have, say, 31 or more. And the drawback is that we then only have 70 different useful states when we could have 100.

Agassi74 wrote:I understand your reasoning behind not labeling players to dictate their playing styles but rather allowing the stats dictate play style.
But I think having to change certain stats to influence players real-life play styles can get out of whack sometimes. In the ATP each player has a distinct play-style and sometimes it goes against their strengths. 90% of ATP players are Baseliners but there again you have differences in that they can be Defensive Baseliners, Offensive Baseliners, PowerBaseliners , Counter-Punchers, Clay-Court Baseliners etc....

I think you didn't get me quite right. It is true that at some point, I was under the impression that you could deduce the strategic tendencies of a player from his actual technical stats, but I have outgrown that. What I suggested was additional "strategic" stats : for example, a serve & volley stat working this way : at 0, the player never serves & volleys, at 100, the player always serves & volleys. At 50, the player has a 50% chance of serving & volleying for each point.

Federer
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Federer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:37 pm

I don't see an option to save mid match. That's much needed if so.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”