Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Maestri
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby Maestri » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:53 pm

In grand slam courts there should be an stat with first serve speed average and second serve speed average and fastest serve speed just like in real life main grand slam courts

wy2sl0
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby wy2sl0 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 am

I think more than anything else; serve domination.

I mean, I stopped playing for half a year, came back, and it is still an issue. The serve dominates the game to the point of there being almost no rallies. I am not complaining because I am a terrible returner, I am half way decent, but I would rather be rallying then firing ace after ace down - especially the bugged wide serve where my guy can't even run that far out to retrieve it.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:00 am

yup, service speed is fine. Just needs new (fast) reaction animations.

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:19 am

I've played with an old release of FA (the 3.4.2 version) today and I noticed that the cpu was a lot more aggressive from the baseline, it takes risks on my second serve and does a lot of direct winners during the rallies while on our current release the cpu rarely takes risk or go for a winner on my second serve (not even in the rallies to be honest), I think you should make the cpu a bit more aggressive in your next update Kschoice, now it's just an ultradefensive grinder/pusher.

djskoal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby djskoal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:38 pm

I would like to see the availabilty and option of female player-avatars and style-templates (hair, cothing, etc.) introduced at the player creation and editing screens.

i want to do a wta player data base for FA, much in the vein of the ATP2012 player data base the community put together - as you know it is a long, hard, but fun and ultimately rewarding process.

only thing that is hindering this project is the current unavailability of female-type figures, templates and clothing,hair, etc. on the player editing and creation set-ups.

Do you think that u can get a patch or a mod to add the extra choices in those menus and set-ups? (clicks in the drop-down box would probably work best) The alternative would be simply equating a male avatar with the wta player and her stats, which is 100% totally do-able but really sucks!

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:51 pm

The new ball physics is super, a great step forward towards realism and accuracy, great work KsChoice.

Any news about a release of the game on Steam ?

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am

For the next patch it would be great to have a ''super hard'' level of difficulty when playing against the cpu, I don't find the cpu challenging anymore, even at the hardest setting available, and due to the lack of people online it's getting a bit boring to steamroll the cpu everytime.

Also, it would be great to have the cpu play a more offensive tennis and take risks, especially on my second serve, it never goes for a winner on my second serve. And it rarely takes risks in baseline rallies as well.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:16 pm

Kafelnikov wrote:For the next patch it would be great to have a ''super hard'' level of difficulty when playing against the cpu, I don't find the cpu challenging anymore, even at the hardest setting available, and due to the lack of people online it's getting a bit boring to steamroll the cpu everytime.

Also, it would be great to have the cpu play a more offensive tennis and take risks, especially on my second serve, it never goes for a winner on my second serve. And it rarely takes risks in baseline rallies as well.

Interesting... I've not had the same experience. For me, most of the time the CPU goes for the corners and is aggressive :/, but I still win most of the time.

dj777
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby dj777 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:04 pm

After a long hiatus from Full Ace, I just downloaded v5.4.3. It is very nice. But I have a few suggestions:

Could there be an option to turn the stamina bar below the player on or off? I suggested this last year when stamina was added. Maybe there could even be a way to turn on the stamina bar for the cpu player also. i'd like to be able to turn the stamina bars off in the game, but have the option to check both players stamina throughout the match if possible.

I use the close camera, with camera follow off, but I still find the camera to be slightly erratic when I move to out of bounds areas when playing on the near side. when you move to the left or right of the court, or back up past the baseline, the camera zooms way out. when one moves off the court all the way to the left or right near the crowd, it actually slows down the frame rate and it becomes choppy when I play on OpenGL mode. (doesn't seem to affect DirectX mode as much, and the zooming out frame rate issue doesn't occur on OpenGL mode in the practice courts without rendered crowds) although i understand the need to zoom out so the court doesn't get cut off, it seems like it zooms out too far and it is unnecessary. when running left or right inside the baseline, the camera really doesn't need to zoom out that much if at all. I'm thinking it just needs to move on a horizontal plane slightly. (maybe a slight zoom out when you reach the crowd, but not much)

ideally, it would be amazing to have more camera options, but at the least I believe that full ace could benefit from a more stationary close camera angle, that doesn't zoom out as much, or at all, when you move left and right near the crowd. i think that zoom out - zoom in affect is very quick and affects the performance in OpenGL mode, and also looks a little unrealistic. and for when you're on the near side of the court, and you move back behind the baseline, maybe instead of zooming all the way out there could be an "angled down" camera tilt. i really like the angle of the close camera, but all the camera movement when you move near the out of bounds area is a bit much. even when you just make little moves waiting for a return, the camera bounces around with the player a little bit. when you are serving from the far side of the court, the player on the near court can move down before the serve and actually cut off the serve meter on the top portion of the screen of the player serving on the far court! a more stationary camera before the serve would solve this problem. once the ball is served and the point starts, then I think a more slow moving camera that moves left and right when the near side player moves out of bounds (to left and right) and doesn't have to zoom out like it does now. when the near player moves beyond the baseline during the point, a slight tilt down i think would look better then the zoom out now currently. i think these camera improvements or more camera options would greatly enhance the game. the angle of the close camera seems great, but i don't think all the camera movement and zooming helps the game. to me, the zooming out is very disorienting when i try to run a ball down the line. I hope the devs take these camera improvements into consideration.

Also I think the sound affect of the crowd going wild (which happens on a big shot) is much too loud compared to the rest of the sound affects. And when you use the practice courts with no crowd, like "outdoor grass", there shouldn't any loud wild crowd sounds as there is when you play in a bigger stadium. on the practice courts, there shouldn't be any crowd noise except or maybe some light clapping after a big winner.

Kafelnikov
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Kafelnikov » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:30 am

I think there's an error in the physics of the ball; when you hit an inside-out shot the sidespin curves the ball inward now, but it should be the opposite, it should curve it outward. Like in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyf2XyECjQ

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:34 am

Kafelnikov wrote:I think there's an error in the physics of the ball; when you hit an inside-out shot the sidespin curves the ball inward now, but it should be the opposite, it should curve it outward. Like in this video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyyf2XyECjQ

Honestly, it depends on the kind of forehand itself. I think only the flat shot going inside out should curve in the opposite direction.

federer8
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby federer8 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:50 pm

I have a suggestion: Could it be possible to add vibrations with the 360 pad in the future ?

I think it could be a very interesting thing to feel vibrations according to the different shots...

obi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby obi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:30 am

Could it be possible to add separate sets Statistics

obi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby obi » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:31 am

Could it be possible to add head to head statics in carrer mode?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:45 am

obi wrote:Could it be possible to add head to head statics in carrer mode?

obi wrote:Could it be possible to add separate sets Statistics

I take note of these suggestions.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”