Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby Jay » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:44 pm

q. reese wrote:1) MPH for American courts and KPH for Non-American courts

I'm sure Ks already knows this, but America isn't the only country that uses the *British* Imperial System :wink:

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:38 pm

Jay wrote:
q. reese wrote:...if you press the positive gesture button one time, it motions a "come on!" like body language. If you press the button twice, it will commend the opponent for a nice shot. Etc.

That's pretty brilliant ;).

I would like to see the character with the ability to turn around and run in the opposite direction (when the player is lobbed at the net for example) instead of slowly running backwards.

Thanks man. I try.

@Marty,

Thanks for the update. I appreciate it.
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

fhoneill
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fhoneill » Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:07 am

Kryptonite wrote:Dynamic Player Attributes

I remember a couple of years ago Juan Martín del Potro went on a win streak when most of the top players(besides Roddick) were at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, before that I always thought Del Potro was weak mentally and would never be a top player. But the confidence he derived from that run gave him the belief that he could become a champion thus cumulating in his superb victory in the 2009 US Open. If those top players didn't miss those regular season tournaments that Del Potro won I don't think he would of pulled off that win streak and would probably be a nearly man like Murray.

So I was thinking of a few ways to implement a confidence system in Full Ace...

(A.) Full stat changes for all players based on form...
(+1pts per win, -1pts per loss)
(+5pts per tournament win, -5pts per 1st round loss)

(B.) While all players may be difficult to implement, maybe just change the stats on the players dominant shot(which a player could pick at the start of a career,forehand,backhand etc...) which could be calculated at the end of every tournament.

This would give the career a more realistic feel and a feeling of improving, making every match at the start of your career crucial.

It may be similar to your idea but I was thinking that some sort of 'form modifier' might be worth a shout in season mode. I believe PES has something like this for each player where they have a coloured arrow next to their name in the menus that indicates their current form. It looks as though it's quite a simple system where each of the five different settings offers a % increase in various stats. The red arrow being the greatest increase, green being their standard stats and dark blue being a severe decrease. This clearly isn't an important addition at this stage in the development of the game but it may be an idea worth toying with down the line to add a little more variation.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:25 am

Good point.

I am huge on ranking. Please include the following ideas (if you feel they are great, of course):

1) Change in ranking position (a little green or red arrow with indication the amount of spots jumped in ranking)
2) Seeding and ranking of player on the score board in the top left corner of the screen (almost like what they have on T.V.)

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:11 pm

I am playing an indoor tournament right now. I am super failing in the match (actually all season in real mode).

1) Nevertheless, there is no net points one in the match statistics. I do believe that net conversions/net points are a key fact for doubles.

2) May I also propose a mixed doubles tour as well?

marty2756
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby marty2756 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:00 am

q. reese wrote:Good point.

I am huge on ranking. Please include the following ideas (if you feel they are great, of course):

1) Change in ranking position (a little green or red arrow with indication the amount of spots jumped in ranking)
2) Seeding and ranking of player on the score board in the top left corner of the screen (almost like what they have on T.V.)

Hi Q, post updated. (I guess number 2) was already included in suggestion 1.9)

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:30 am

Yea,

That was my suggestion. I did not see it on the list. I am sorry. :)

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:36 am

Can we make volleying a lot easier? 8 times out of 10 I hit it into the net when stats for backhand/forehand volley are over 90 :(

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:40 am

Jay wrote:Can we make volleying a lot easier? 8 times out of 10 I hit it into the net when stats for backhand/forehand volley are over 90 :(

There sure could be a need for that, but are you sure the volleys you're trying are not too complicated ? Let me see some replays.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:19 pm

kschoice wrote:
Jay wrote:Can we make volleying a lot easier? 8 times out of 10 I hit it into the net when stats for backhand/forehand volley are over 90 :(

There sure could be a need for that, but are you sure the volleys you're trying are not too complicated ? Let me see some replays.

I've sent you 4 replays. All the volleys I've hit into the net are struck when the ball had dipped below the height of the net. Granted that is indeed a difficult shot, but a player with high stats should be able to be somewhat consistent in their ability to dig it out, especially if the top spin volley shot is being used in combination with the up button, so at least the ball should sometimes make it over but go out to make it more realistic.

Another caveat I have in regards to volleying is completely missing the ball when it's hit directly towards you or close to you.

Thanks for all your efforts Full Ace Tennis Development team.

Cheers -- Jay.

T-Duke
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby T-Duke » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:25 pm

...on the other hand serving is definitely to easy, most of matches are "ace-parades" with an average of 20-30 aces per set , serving gauge speed shoud be faster imho, especially for hard service :!:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Jay wrote:Another caveat I have in regards to volleying is completely missing the ball when it's hit directly towards you or close to you.

I know that too. I hope I can spend some time on volleys soon.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:34 pm

T-Duke wrote:...on the other hand serving is definitely to easy, most of matches are "ace-parades" with an average of 20-30 aces per set , serving gauge speed shoud be faster imho, especially for hard service :!:

I beg to differ. I don't think the main problem with serves online is that they're too easy, it is that the smallest lag makes you miss a good part of the trajectory. I have an idea on how to improve that.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:35 pm

T-Duke wrote:...on the other hand serving is definitely to easy, most of matches are "ace-parades" with an average of 20-30 aces per set , serving gauge speed shoud be faster imho, especially for hard service :!:

Say what...? I only get 10-20 aces per 3 set match :/

Edit: Oh, I didn't know he was talking about online play.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:31 am

In easy mode its a pure bet that you can serve down the line on the person to get an ace on the duece court.

I hit some 70+ aces. It's the only reason why I won the match in a bunch of tie-breakers. :) Now, its is not the same for real life mode. I only got 1-6, 1-6 or 0-6, 2-6. :D

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”