Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
ppahv
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby ppahv » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Can you add in the list the support of the hexadecimal in the player editor ?

I know KsChoice has considered that suggestion, but it hasn't been notified in that list :)
Full Ace Tennis Simulator MODS : http://fullacefan.free.fr

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:35 pm

ppahv wrote:Can you add in the list the support of the hexadecimal in the player editor ?

I know KsChoice has considered that suggestion, but it hasn't been notified in that list :)

That would be awesome for those who know how to use that system, like myself :).

Also, adding to that suggestion, I would like to be able to edit the stadiums further, editing the colour(s) of the back wall, line judge clothing, net post etc (hopefully with the above mention system).

-- Jay

fhoneill
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fhoneill » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:40 am

I'd suggest adding more stadiums as opposed to opening up the ability to edit them. At the moment it looks as though there are 5-6 different ones that can be modified heavily but I'd imagine the best way to get closer to the authentic stadiums would be to actually model them. I know this takes time etc which at the current time in the development process is clearly better spent elsewhere.

Is it possible for others to look into building their own stadiums and then submitting them for inclusion in future releases? I know the editing community that PES6 has have built a few hundred of their own for use in game.

KerzA
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby KerzA » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:13 am

I'd suggest adding more stadiums as opposed to opening up the ability to edit them. At the moment it looks as though there are 5-6 different ones that can be modified heavily but I'd imagine the best way to get closer to the authentic stadiums would be to actually model them. I know this takes time etc which at the current time in the development process is clearly better spent elsewhere.

For the stadium, I thought about more kind of stand. Indeed, in the actual game, we have 6 kind of stand if i'm right. or with those 50 stadium available, a lot of stadium are nearly the same. But it's not that important, cause what I found more unrealistic was the tiny stadium (for 250 tournament for instance) are as big as major one. 1 or 2 very small stands would be nice and not too difficult to make (unless, I guess not too difficult :wink:)

ppahv
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby ppahv » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:43 pm

As the game can be run on old computers and laptops, I think it would be awesome to propose a "LAN mode", in order to able people to play on the same network without lags :D
Full Ace Tennis Simulator MODS : http://fullacefan.free.fr

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi,

I noticed that I just can't hit a lob too long, it will never go out regardless how long I push the stick , it will always land on the line.
suggestion:
- adjust the lob shot, make it more realistic with it can go long

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:58 pm

domberg wrote:Hi,

I noticed that I just can't hit a lob too long, it will never go out regardless how long I push the stick , it will always land on the line.
suggestion:
- adjust the lob shot, make it more realistic with it can go long

I don't know how you manage to do that! Wow. I can't seem to counter a drop shot or hit the lob over my opponent's head! LOL. You are a lob expert?! :)

For me, it will go out if I only angle left or right. You are saying that it stays in as long as you press which direction on the stick (deep or pulled back towards your direction)?
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 pm

The lob can go wide, but usually for a lob I just push forward after the computer hits a dropshot and comes to the net. In these cases my ball usually catches the baseline.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:22 am

domberg wrote:The lob can go wide, but usually for a lob I just push forward after the computer hits a dropshot and comes to the net. In these cases my ball usually catches the baseline.

Okay. Thanks. I see what you mean now. :wink:

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:11 pm

A few suggestions from me. Obviously I don't know anything about programming or whatever so I don't know if it's possible to implement them, but I'd like to contribute anyway.

- in the courts editor we can change the bounce of the ball, it would be nice to edit also the quickness of the court. I know it sounds strange, but they're not the same, it's plenty of fast courts with high bounces (or at least average, i.e. US Open, Bercy), while some courts have low bounces but are pretty slow (O2 arena for example).
- a surface rating system for players, with a value for every surface that affects their results and their game while playing on a specific surface. The attributes we already have are not enough: sometimes player have bad results on a surface not because of their gamestyle or their skills, but for other reasons (i.e. take US players on clay courts, mainly because in the US there are very few clay courts).
- playing style categories in player editor. As of now you can create a player (or edit an existing one) with weak groundstrokes and great volley skills and still he would not play serve&volley and get to the net only occasionally. Also, a player like Monfils has a huge forehand, very powerful, but he rarely plays aggressively, he usually tries just to get the ball inside the court and return other players shot; or, players like Verdasco and Almagro, I've seen them serving above 140 mph, but very often (especially on clay courts) they serve slower but with more spin. All those things are not part of the game as of now, it would be nice to edit players attitude or gamestyle with categories or anything else and let those things influence CPU.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:05 pm

Antani wrote:- in the courts editor we can change the bounce of the ball, it would be nice to edit also the quickness of the court. I know it sounds strange, but they're not the same, it's plenty of fast courts with high bounces (or at least average, i.e. US Open, Bercy), while some courts have low bounces but are pretty slow (O2 arena for example).

You may already move the ball in the bounce editor horizontally as well as vertically. Moving it horizontally would edit what you're calling "court quickness".

Antani wrote:- a surface rating system for players, with a value for every surface that affects their results and their game while playing on a specific surface. The attributes we already have are not enough: sometimes player have bad results on a surface not because of their gamestyle or their skills, but for other reasons (i.e. take US players on clay courts, mainly because in the US there are very few clay courts).

I don't think it is appropriate to have a player attribute that would directly tell how good a player is on a given surface. First of all, because surface parameters can be edited precisely, and therefore all clay courts don't react the same. Then, in your clay example, I guess it would be better to have a sliding attribute ; that is, when we would be available to slide in-game...

Antani wrote:- playing style categories in player editor. As of now you can create a player (or edit an existing one) with weak groundstrokes and great volley skills and still he would not play serve&volley and get to the net only occasionally. Also, a player like Monfils has a huge forehand, very powerful, but he rarely plays aggressively, he usually tries just to get the ball inside the court and return other players shot; or, players like Verdasco and Almagro, I've seen them serving above 140 mph, but very often (especially on clay courts) they serve slower but with more spin. All those things are not part of the game as of now, it would be nice to edit players attitude or gamestyle with categories or anything else and let those things influence CPU.

For similar reasons, I am not a fan of directly editing playing style. The examples you are referring to are so different that I could guess that to cover every combination, it would require dozens of different settings, whereas current attributes can give way enough information to infer the player's style. Fair enough, this is not the case right now, but I think it's a trap to think that it would be easier to use explicit playing styles. Ideally, I would also want to add an "Intelligence" attribute, that would express the player's ability to choose the right move based on the situation and his own capacities.

Antani
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Antani » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:28 am

ok I see the difficulties :) I don't wanna sound annoying, just trying to help, so another one I think could be useful is distinguish serve stats, I mean not "serve" as a one thing but 1st serve and 2nd serve, or strong serve and kick serve, or if there are problems with these two, just add spin to power, precision and consistency as a serve attribute.

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:11 am

Is there any chance to integrate a spectator-mode, so I can watch other player's online-games?

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:29 am

Great idea man! I hope it would not add lag to the match though.

TennisL0ver
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby TennisL0ver » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:30 am

i would go with playing more than one season in world tour mode

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”