Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Suggestions for Full Ace Updates

Postby q. reese » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:25 pm

Patrick wrote:I mean, when I want to find a player I want, sometimes I can't find him. So, put an option to see the players in alphabetical order or by country.
And the courts should have a nationality.
And more camera freedom like in TE.

You might want to use the Full Ace Tennis Simulator Player Editor. After you open that up, you can sort by name, country, and date of birth. I find that helpful to track players I cannot find or don't know.

I am hoping that someone can post the list of all the real players. We can have the option to include that name in the database over the regular default names.

I hope that this was helpful as well. :)
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

KerzA
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby KerzA » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:08 pm

I am hoping that someone can post the list of all the real players. We can have the option to include that name in the database over the regular default names.

I asked few weeks ago to kschoice if I could post the complete list of players/tournament well edited and for some copyright reason, we can't do that of the FA official forum :wink:

(we always can use pm to do it as well)

Thucysincarne
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Thucysincarne » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:53 am

I'd like to see an option to play online where service power is limited to around 75. That way we could actually have some more rallies. There's something like this in Tennis Elbow, and almost everyone plays on that mode rather than the one where you can have 100 in all skills.

Victor
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Victor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:37 am

I think it will be very useful to follow any referee decision by proper text on player screen (for example "out" or "fault").

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:39 am

Victor wrote:I think it will be very useful to follow any referee decision by proper text on player screen (for example "out" or "fault").

Maybe, as an option, but I don't really see the point as you don't see this on TV, for example.

Victor
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Victor » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:27 pm

kschoice wrote:
Victor wrote:I think it will be very useful to follow any referee decision by proper text on player screen (for example "out" or "fault").

Maybe, as an option, but I don't really see the point as you don't see this on TV, for example.

Some players can't use sound in the game for some reasonts (technical etc.). So this text marks can help them to stay in touch with the game.

leandrol82
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby leandrol82 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:51 am

Some sugestions:

1) In some clay courts, foot sound is similar to hard courts
2) Althought editor let you setup ball bounce, default courts dont show too enough diferences in ball bounce along different surfaces. I mean clay really ¨stop¨ the ball and make it jump higher than other surfaces.
3) improve automatic positioning. It seems game intelligence take a positioning decision, but it wont be change thought you go to the other side.
4) Serve should be harder. Gameplay is really awesome. Its the first time i played a game where no shot is secure. thats why i think serve has to be alligned with rest of game.

Thats all. and please please keep in this way. I played DMTP for lot of years. I was really in love with that game until Bimboo changed from a good simulator game to an arcade game. Please dont do the same as them.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:44 am

leandrol82 wrote:Some sugestions:

1) In some clay courts, foot sound is similar to hard courts
2) Althought editor let you setup ball bounce, default courts dont show too enough diferences in ball bounce along different surfaces. I mean clay really ¨stop¨ the ball and make it jump higher than other surfaces.
3) improve automatic positioning. It seems game intelligence take a positioning decision, but it wont be change thought you go to the other side.
4) Serve should be harder. Gameplay is really awesome. Its the first time i played a game where no shot is secure. thats why i think serve has to be alligned with rest of game.

1) Thank you for reporting that, there was indeed one court with this issue. It'll be fixed in the next updates. However, existing season and tournament saves won't be impacted.
2) I'm open to suggestions in this regard. You may send me an edited data.fas file with your own settings.
3) The game was not designed for automatic preparation, it was added later. The idea of manual preparation came to me from the unrealistic action I saw in other games where a player would begin to prepare his backhand, and once you crossed the path of the ball, he would change to his forehand and I found that ugly. Automatic preparation is just there for people who play with keyboard, and those who don't want to bother with manual. My opinion right now is that if you want to be able to run around your backhand to hit a forehand (or the other way around), you should take it to the next level and get used to manual mode.
4) Actually, I would say that serve is pretty accurate the way it is now (ok, probably more on the 'too easy' side). The real problem in my eye is that returning is too hard, because of a lack of animations that would allow to reach for them quickly enough. When it comes to sport simulations, I believe it is crucial to fix the real problems, as opposed to addressing the symptoms. Most of the time in games I followed developers tend to choose the latter, and each time they do that their game drifts from the reality of the sport they're depicting. Here's an example : in PES 2, players complained that it was too many one-on-one goals. Konami addressed that by making it so your player is almost always caught up by a defender when he's through on goal, and for years on end, released games in which it was actually more difficult to score when through on goal than in other positions, contrary to reality. What they should have done, in my opinion, is make it so it would be harder for the player to be through on goal, by making the AI better at preventing these. Of course, this is a harder process, but it goes the right way towards realism.
After this parenthesis, I believe that there is no point trying to tune serve difficulty further inside the game engine code as long as return isn't realistic enough. In the meanwhile, you may lower your serve stats to make it more difficult.

leandrol82 wrote:Thats all. and please please keep in this way. I played DMTP for lot of years. I was really in love with that game until Bimboo changed from a good simulator game to an arcade game. Please dont do the same as them.

There is a reason why this game is called Full Ace tennis simulator. Don't worry, I have no intention to drop that last word. I've been considering the addition of an arcade mode to widen our audience, but if I were to do that, it would remain completely separated from the current gameplay.

leandrol82
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby leandrol82 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Thank you very much for your response!!!

I want to add another suggestion that I noticed when I recommend this simulator. I should be added in practice mode an option to play points (as Elbow 2011), becouse new players find really difficult to hit the ball properly (which is great) and when they want to practice, they only can use the ball machine. I think playing points and rallies against other player (not human) instead of ball machine will help them to acquire some match experience quicker.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:42 pm

leandrol82 wrote:Thank you very much for your response!!!

I want to add another suggestion that I noticed when I recommend this simulator. I should be added in practice mode an option to play points (as Elbow 2011), becouse new players find really difficult to hit the ball properly (which is great) and when they want to practice, they only can use the ball machine. I think playing points and rallies against other player (not human) instead of ball machine will help them to acquire some match experience quicker.

This is definitely a good idea. I'll keep it in mind.

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:04 am

Suggestions:
- add shortcut button for showing messages during match, for example after a netted shot I press F2, which shows sorry / player can raise hand too/
- add chat window during player/court selection in online mode
- maybe limit the serve attributes in online play for 90 points(could be other) to prevent the only serve rallies

Now that the itst tour is ongoing it is so much fun playing.
Great game KS!!!!! THanks for creating it!!!

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:55 am

I don't know if it was suggested already, but I think night courts would be cool. :)
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:26 pm

kschoice wrote:
leandrol82 wrote:Some sugestions:

3) The game was not designed for automatic preparation, it was added later. The idea of manual preparation came to me from the unrealistic action I saw in other games where a player would begin to prepare his backhand, and once you crossed the path of the ball, he would change to his forehand and I found that ugly. Automatic preparation is just there for people who play with keyboard, and those who don't want to bother with manual. My opinion right now is that if you want to be able to run around your backhand to hit a forehand (or the other way around), you should take it to the next level and get used to manual mode.

k'schoice, in this context: perhaps you could consider an option which allows to use the preparation-buttons in addition to auto-preparation ? (which means: player uses auto-preparation, and only when button is pressed, the auto preparation is stopped and replaced by manual preparation, for this strike.)

With this solution, untalented players like me could play with the comfort of auto-preparation, and occasionally could use the buttons to run around backhand, in example.
I would like this solution very much. (I have to admit that manual preparation still feels too difficult for me yet, in spite of having tried it some hours).

Anyway: no matter if suggestions will be accepted or not, the game is beeing great now, and it seems to get better and better with every update, so I'm looking forward to any new version.

domberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby domberg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:56 am

When the court is in shade, there is no shade of the ball, I guess that is like in real life, but this way it's hard to see where the ball bounces.
So it would be nice to find a solution for this if possible.

Thanks,
Domberg

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:06 am

domberg wrote:When the court is in shade, there is no shade of the ball, I guess that is like in real life, but this way it's hard to see where the ball bounces.
So it would be nice to find a solution for this if possible.

Thanks,
Domberg

It should be possible to display additional soft shadows for the players as well as for the ball, yes.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”