Pre-release questions about Full Ace

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Pre-release questions about Full Ace

Postby kschoice » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:25 pm

The first release version of Full Ace is expected pretty soon.

In the meantime, this thread is dedicated to asking questions about Full Ace. Whatever you want to know about the game you can ask here and we will answer you the best we can.

Don't be shy ;)

SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re:Pre-release questions about Full Ace

Postby SlicerITST » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:56 pm

Unfortunally I couldnt test the demo as my pc just aint good enough (which should change in the near future :)). From seeing the short clips i do have a question for you. Arent you afraid the players are a bit to quick? I mean, i see players reaching shots even after they where wrongfooted at first. This could create very long and unrealistic rallies. Again, i havent played the game so i cant be 100% sure this is the case.

For the rest i think you (or you and your team?) are doing a great job. Graphics and animations are already looking good and the player editor is an awesome addition. Keep up the good work and keep us at ITST posted on your progress from time to time.

P.s: As there really isnt a place to post this ill just do it here. Entering the forum was very tricky for me. The Full Ace logo is in the way of the forum link. Only if i maximize the window and press screenshots(through the logo!) i can click the forum link. If more people have that your forum wont have that much effect. I still use IE6 by the way. Perhaps thats causing it.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:12 pm

SlicerITST wrote:Unfortunally I couldnt test the demo as my pc just aint good enough (which should change in the near future :)). From seeing the short clips i do have a question for you. Arent you afraid the players are a bit to quick? I mean, i see players reaching shots even after they where wrongfooted at first. This could create very long and unrealistic rallies. Again, i havent played the game so i cant be 100% sure this is the case.

By saying your PC isn't good enough, do you mean the game told you there were missing OpenGL features ? In this case, it may be because you haven't got the latest drivers installed for your graphics card. The game is designed to work on pretty old hardware.

Your concern about player speed is probably valid. I am currently working on AI and gameplay ; and experimenting with slowing them down and give them a quicker reaction time instead. It seems to work well.

For the rest i think you (or you and your team?) are doing a great job. Graphics and animations are already looking good and the player editor is an awesome addition. Keep up the good work and keep us at ITST posted on your progress from time to time.

Thank you for your appreciation. It means a lot to us that people are interested in our game and expecting it. We are a team of two, completely independant and we rely on fans for this to work.

P.s: As there really isnt a place to post this ill just do it here. Entering the forum was very tricky for me. The Full Ace logo is in the way of the forum link. Only if i maximize the window and press screenshots(through the logo!) i can click the forum link. If more people have that your forum wont have that much effect. I still use IE6 by the way. Perhaps thats causing it.

Unfortunately, we learned that putting up a website that works on all browsers is a considerable work, and a headache. IE 6 (and subsequent versions of IE) is not a good way to browse the internet as it is broken because of bugs and security issues (look for the ACID tests on google to see what I mean). We realize it's a pity that our website doesn't work well with those still well-spread browsers, but we can't spend too much time working on the website at the cost of the game.

SlicerITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby SlicerITST » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. I have a Geforce 4800TI SE in this pc which is the problem for me. I do get the OpenGL error but i have the latest drivers installed.

I understand you guys rather work on the game then the site. Installing IE7 always give me issues somehow. After seeing those ACID tests i installed Firefox. The site looks great there.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 pm

SlicerITST wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. I have a Geforce 4800TI SE in this pc which is the problem for me. I do get the OpenGL error but i have the latest drivers installed.

I'm still surprised it doesn't work. Could you download GLView at http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/index.html, export the results as XML and send the file to our website e-mail address (link at the bottom of any page) ?

Thank you

Rob ITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Rob ITST » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Hello,

Looks like you guys and us ITST members here so far.:)

The game is very interesting. Like Slicer said, the movement may be a bit too quick.

I have two questions:

Will there be an online mode?

How will the character creation work? Will you only edit the looks of the character, or will there also be stats (attributes)?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:32 pm

Rob ITST wrote:Will there be an online mode?

Online play is planned, but the first release of Full Ace will come without it, so it is not delayed too much.

How will the character creation work? Will you only edit the looks of the character, or will there also be stats (attributes)?

We plan to give as much freedom as possible to players for editing characters, therefore you will be able to change their abilities as well as their looks.

Rob ITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Rob ITST » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reponse. I'm looking forward to the finished version.

Nicopier
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Nicopier » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:35 pm

Hello to all the Full Ace players!
My name is Nicopier, and I´m writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I´m an amateur tennis player, I began playing it in 1986, and I still do.
Yesterday I downloaded the demo of the game... and, simply, was INCREDIBLE. All my life I´ve been looking for a TENNIS SIMULATOR, however I never found it.
The first game that it seems to be a "little bit PRO" was TOP SPIN 3, however it has a lot of "issues" that turns the game into an ARCADE (in a short percentage).
Anyway, when I started to play the game... I felt that it was neccesary to know how to play tennis in order to play it. And that, turns me into a happy guy; in deed I thought: "Could this game be THE FIRST TENNIS SIMULATOR?" (until now, I guess so).
By the way, I have a lot of ideas that I´d like to share with all of you... but I don´t know if this forum is the proper one.

Sorry if my english is not good enough... I haven´t praticed it a long time ago.
Nicopier...

Rob ITST
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Rob ITST » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Which system did you play TopSpin 3 on? I play on the 360 btw, and my gamertag is the same as my name here.

To kschoice:

How will the serving work on the game, and also the volleys. I always love a game that has a balance between baseliners and serve and volleyers - will it be possible to serve and volley on Full Ace?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:38 pm

Rob ITST wrote:How will the serving work on the game, and also the volleys. I always love a game that has a balance between baseliners and serve and volleyers - will it be possible to serve and volley on Full Ace?

I will try my best to make it this way, as it is very important for me also. Although, to be honest, we have put much effort in baseline play, to the cost of volley play, at least for now. I am currently working on adding and tuning all the tennis shots, such as volley, smash, lob, dropshots, etc...

The serve system is a combination of the analog aiming with a timing system, and finding the proper balance between power and precision. It's hard to explain, the serve tutorial will show it better when it will be available.

Nicopier
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Nicopier » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:57 pm

I´d like to make a new question about the game.
The different surfaces (clay, grass, hard) will have impact on the rebound of the ball?

The players will be tired during the match? Could it be possible that a player that si more tired will commit more unforced error than a fresh one?
Thanx for the patience... and sorry for my english.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Nicopier wrote:I´d like to make a new question about the game.
The different surfaces (clay, grass, hard) will have impact on the rebound of the ball?

The different surfaces will of course impact ball bouncing.

Nicopier wrote:The players will be tired during the match? Could it be possible that a player that si more tired will commit more unforced error than a fresh one?

I have things like that in my mind of course. There are many many things to do regarding things that may happen in a tennis game. Honestly, there won't be enough time to put everything I mean in the first release. Bear in mind however that we want the make the game as realistic as possible eventually. Therefore, provided we have enough success, we will continue to work on improving it and often release new versions.

kyuuji
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby kyuuji » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:34 am

Any news about the game ?

Nicopier
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Nicopier » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanx 4 the information, and 4 doing a so wonderfull tennis game...
As I said in other topic, u can count with me if you need to do translations into spanish.
C Ya.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”