How to Update Full Version

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Thucysincarne
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

How to Update Full Version

Postby Thucysincarne » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:02 am

I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do I update my game? The only link I can find is for the demo, and that doesn't help any.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to Update Full Version

Postby kschoice » Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:17 am

Thucysincarne wrote:I know this is probably a stupid question, but how do I update my game? The only link I can find is for the demo, and that doesn't help any.

The link you used to download the game when you bought it in the first place, always refers to the latest version of the game. If you didn't keep it, you may use the LICENCE link on www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to have it sent you back.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:54 am

Are you talking about this link?

https://www.galactic-gaming-shop.com/xxxxxxxx.php

When I use that, it only downloads 1KB. :D I also tried using the link you posted above. I get the 3.0.2 version, but my season and load game buttons are not included. :cry:

Right now, I am just playing version 2.4.8. That is working just fine!
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

Thucysincarne
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Thucysincarne » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:00 am

q. reese wrote:Are you talking about this link?

When I use that, it only downloads 1KB. :D I also tried using the link you posted above. I get the 3.0.2 version, but my season and load game buttons are not included. :cry:

Right now, I am just playing version 2.4.8. That is working just fine!

Yep same thing happened for me. Sending the email again won't help either because then I only get access to the payment page.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:05 am

Exactly! I thought I was the only one that is experiencing this problem.

I just wish there is an auto-update or the xxxxxxxx.php would work. The xxxxxxxx.php is only giving me 1KB when I download.

I do not know what is going on. I got http://www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to finally download the 3.0.2 version, but the license don't work?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:42 am

kschoice wrote:the LICENCE link on http://www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to have it sent you back.

q. reese wrote:Are you talking about this link?

I'm obviously not talking about this link (by the way, this link is a private link for buying customers, so thank you for posting it here for everyone to see, hence the xs). I'm referring to a link that would send you something, and you're talking about a link that lets you download small updates of the game.
Here is the link I talked about :

q. reese wrote:I just wish there is an auto-update or the xxxxxxxx.php would work. The xxxxxxxx.php is only giving me 1KB when I download.

I also wish there was an auto-update. But it won't exist before long. On the other hand, the xxxxxxxx.php I can't use for big updates like version 3.0. So, right now, we'll stick to the existing methods, as they work rather smoothly for most people.

q. reese wrote:I do not know what is going on. I got http://www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to finally download the 3.0.2 version, but the license don't work?

From your e-mails and your posts here, you downloaded the demo. Therefore you didn't get http://www.galactic-gaming-shop.com to download the 3.0.2 version, because the demo isn't on that website. And it is of course perfectly normal that the licence doesn't do anything coupled with the demo.
I'm never trying to trick you. When I'm saying that you should use your original download link, and that if you have lost it, you can have it sent back via the LICENCE link on the shop site, I'm obviously telling you the only way to update. Why would I leave it out if there was another ? So, why trying to invent another ?

q. reese wrote:Right now, I am just playing version 2.4.8. That is working just fine!

Thank you. Now, anyone who comes to the forum and read this will think that versions after 2.4.8 don't work and that users are forced to stick to version 3.0. Great publicity really.

I can admit that the current process of getting an update doesn't immediately come to mind. When you think about it though, which better place there is to get the latest version, than the one you got the previous version from ? When you play with the demo, you always get the latest version of it at the same place ; when you have the full version, the latest version is always at the same place too, but this place is only available to buying customers. The update link is merely a tool besides that to make small updates easier to get.
An auto-update I have in mind for a long time, as it would simplify everyone's life, especially mine. But I just can't spare time for it now, as this is not a feature that will help expand Full Ace community, and this is the key point right now for the future of the game.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:57 am

Hey man. I think you need to really stop being the way you are. I am just explaining a problem I have with updating to the 3.0.2. version. Why do I have to download the license when I actually have it already?

Also, I did not know that I was not allowed to post the link for the update patch for FA.exe. In that case, why does that link don't work any more? That would be easier than the whole process that you are explaining before. Also, I am still confused with what I have to do.

Can you send me a pm? I don't want to clutter the forum here with my question. Well man, I am sorry for posting my concern. Please pm me the complete process on how to do this (given that the buyer's link is not working).

Thanks man, and no hard feelings. :mrgreen: Stay calm! :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:28 am

The problem is, q, that everything you're asking about is explained in my previous message, and I am at a loss finding new ways to explain. I think you're over-complicating things because you're trying to come up with your own ways to do things, as was the case with your fas files mix-up. But I'll try again.

q. reese wrote:Why do I have to download the license when I actually have it already?

I said you had to use the LICENCE link to get the original download link back, if you've lost it. Why can't you just trust me ?

q. reese wrote:In that case, why does that link don't work any more?

Can't come up with anything else than :
kschoice wrote:the xxxxxxxx.php I can't use for big updates like version 3.0.

By the way, this link works : it provides an update to 3.0.2 for people who already have version 3.0 or 3.0.1. It is its whole point. But it is no use for you now anyway as you have 2.4.8.

q. reese wrote:That would be easier than the whole process that you are explaining before. Also, I am still confused with what I have to do.

What do you call the "whole process" ? I'm just telling you you need to use your original download link, the one that got you the full version in the first place. If you still have it, it's as easy as a click ; if you don't, you need to use the LICENCE link to have it sent back. Then, it will again be as easy as a click. And that is all.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:32 am

I am sorry. I have many emails I got from Full Ace on the purchase that day. May you please send a pm of the link you are referring too (the template). Thanks man. :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:36 am

q. reese wrote:I am sorry. I have many emails I got from Full Ace on the purchase that day. May you please send a pm of the link you are referring too (the template). Thanks man. :D

There should be only one e-mail with a download link (a long link with plenty of seemingly random letters and numbers). If you're still confused, just use the LICENCE link on the shop site and you'll get it back.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:16 am

When I used the license link the last time, it asked me to pay for the game again. I have the old license that was sent to my Yahoo.com email account. Copying and pasting the license will not work?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 am

q. reese wrote:When I used the license link the last time, it asked me to pay for the game again. I have the old license that was sent to my Yahoo.com email account. Copying and pasting the license will not work?

Then you didn't follow the LICENCE link, you followed the BUY link. Why can't you just trust me and try what I ask you to ? It worked for tens of people so far, why not you ?
And how do you think copying and pasting the license will accomplish updating your game ? The game isn't stored in the license.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 am

That is not what I mean. Oh, forget about it. I'll figure it out later. Obviously, I am not the only one trying to figure it out. Thucysincarne is having the same problem as me.

Thanks any way. :D

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Postby q. reese » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:37 pm

Okay. I found the email link that lets me download the full version. It is 45.33 MB.

1) It is the email titled, "Full Ace License" that says inside it:

2) DOWNLOAD "FULL Ace"'s game at the following link:

Now, I see the 3.0.2 loads, but now I get a error! Errrrrr . . . . . :( I am sending you the .dmp file.

goa master mdma
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby goa master mdma » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:22 am

OMG
respect for you kschoice ,that you have the nerves to explain it again and again to Q.Reese ,like you would explain it to a 8 year old kid .real big respect for this.

not enough that Q.Reese posted today 35 senseless confusing posts(in 58 min.!!) in ITSTforum, no ,now he start here confusing people .

sometimes (often )i think Q.Reese do this extra to get attention .
so kschoice relax ,Q.reese know exactly whats going on . think you must not explain all again and again ,what is already explained.

but again big respect that you do it !!
I LIKE :tennis,girls,playing videogames,more girls,football,trancepartys,nice people,sun+beach,UFC

I DISLIKE:curling,the Bible and other books of fairytales,forumsspamming people,cheatingpeople,walkoverhunter,violine music,watching golf,

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”