Bounce Properties in Stadium Editor?

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Bounce Properties in Stadium Editor?

Postby Agassi74 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:30 pm

My question is what exactly does the numbers mean in the bounce category on Stadium editor. My guess was one was the bounce and the other maybe how fast the court plays? For instance in the Bounce category you have 815 and then 150 for 1 court. I would just like a definition on what the numbers mean.

I have absolutley fell in love with the game (it's what a tennis game should be) and look for even more improvements in the future.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bounce Properties in Stadium Editor?

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:37 pm

Agassi74 wrote:My question is what exactly does the numbers mean in the bounce category on Stadium editor. My guess was one was the bounce and the other maybe how fast the court plays? For instance in the Bounce category you have 815 and then 150 for 1 court. I would just like a definition on what the numbers mean.

I have absolutley fell in love with the game (it's what a tennis game should be) and look for even more improvements in the future.

Improvements are coming up :wink:
About bounce properties, drag the ball around and watch how the numbers change in relation to that, you should figure it out. If you're still unsure I'll be more precise.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 pm

kschoice wrote:Improvements are coming up :wink:

YES! Sorry... didn't mean to go off-topic but this is exciting for me :)

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:41 am

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:My question is what exactly does the numbers mean in the bounce category on Stadium editor. My guess was one was the bounce and the other maybe how fast the court plays? For instance in the Bounce category you have 815 and then 150 for 1 court. I would just like a definition on what the numbers mean.

Improvements are coming up :wink:
About bounce properties, drag the ball around and watch how the numbers change in relation to that, you should figure it out. If you're still unsure I'll be more precise.

Hey I noticed that very cool indeed, but I would love to know for a fact what the 2 numbers mean in reference to the bounce properties.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:43 am

Agassi74 wrote:Hey I noticed that very cool indeed, but I would love to know for a fact what the 2 numbers mean in reference to the bounce properties.

The higher the left number, the higher the rebound.
The higher the right number, the higher the friction between ball and ground.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:30 am

Thanks for replying Kschoice, keep up the great work. One more thing if you don't mind is I am interested in the animations, etc..etc.. and kinda getting into a little modding (I'm a Noob) but very interested in the idea and wondering what tools you would recommend to allow me to explore the possibility and if possible to allow me to open up say for example the b_basin file (.ANM).
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:57 am

Agassi74 wrote:Thanks for replying Kschoice, keep up the great work. One more thing if you don't mind is I am interested in the animations, etc..etc.. and kinda getting into a little modding (I'm a Noob) but very interested in the idea and wondering what tools you would recommend to allow me to explore the possibility and if possible to allow me to open up say for example the b_basin file (.ANM).

Sorry, but b_bassin.anm is a proprietary file format, you won't be able to open it with any software.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:26 pm

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:Hey I noticed that very cool indeed, but I would love to know for a fact what the 2 numbers mean in reference to the bounce properties.

Sorry to keep worring you but I have a few other questions about the Bounce properties. On some of the specific court surfaces like the Red Clay in France it has bounce properties of 850/100, US Major has 815/150, Grass in London 780/130. My question is I understand the 1st number Rebound/bounce but the second number in regards to Friction, I would think that Clay(100) would have alot more friction than say Grass(130). Maybe I am getting this backwards but by your definitions you said second number> the higher the number the more friction between ball and court (Court Pace I would guess). Just trying to customize some courts and having a ball while at the same time getting my head handed to me I might add.

Also please add MPH options to the speed radar for us Americans.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Agassi74 wrote:
kschoice wrote:

Sorry to keep worring you but I have a few other questions about the Bounce properties. On some of the specific court surfaces like the Red Clay in France it has bounce properties of 850/100, US Major has 815/150, Grass in London 780/130. My question is I understand the 1st number Rebound/bounce but the second number in regards to Friction, I would think that Clay(100) would have alot more friction than say Grass(130). Maybe I am getting this backwards but by your definitions you said second number> the higher the number the more friction between ball and court (Court Pace I would guess). Just trying to customize some courts and having a ball while at the same time getting my head handed to me I might add.

Also please add MPH options to the speed radar for us Americans.

I was wondering the same thing when I described the parameters for you. I don't remember why I set them up this way. Since I enabled them in the editor, I was expecting players to experience with them and give me feedback.

I'll see about adding an MPH option in the next version.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”