Config file for game?

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Config file for game?

Postby Agassi74 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:59 am

KSchoice do you think there's any way to include a Config file to allow tweaking of CPU or game settings?
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Config file for game?

Postby kschoice » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:26 am

Agassi74 wrote:KSchoice do you think there's any way to include a Config file to allow tweaking of CPU or game settings?

What do you mean by that ?

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:52 pm

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:KSchoice do you think there's any way to include a Config file to allow tweaking of CPU or game settings?

What do you mean by that ?

Something along the lines of a configuration settings inside the game files were you could open it with notepad or wordpad. To maybe alow tweaking of the game/gameplay. Allowing one to go into the configuration settings and maybe allowing tweaking of CPU errors, abilities, etc. as well as Human's. I know some games have this to allow more in-depth customization of the gameplay per user. I read in one of the posts were you were talking of tweaking the CPU code for gameplay, this is sort of what I am talking about, sort of a in-depth difficulty setting that you could tweak.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:00 pm

Agassi74 wrote:Something along the lines of a configuration settings inside the game files were you could open it with notepad or wordpad. To maybe alow tweaking of the game/gameplay. Allowing one to go into the configuration settings and maybe allowing tweaking of CPU errors, abilities, etc. as well as Human's. I know some games have this to allow more in-depth customization of the gameplay per user. I read in one of the posts were you were talking of tweaking the CPU code for gameplay, this is sort of what I am talking of sort of a in-depth difficulty setting.

There is nothing scripted in the game, that's what gives it a "real" feeling, but it means that the outcome depends on a complex system. So you wouldn't get parameters with a clear description. Also, giving access to parameters dealing with human gameplay would be an open door for online cheating.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:08 pm

kschoice wrote:
Agassi74 wrote:Something along the lines of a configuration settings inside the game files were you could open it with notepad or wordpad. To maybe alow tweaking of the game/gameplay. Allowing one to go into the configuration settings and maybe allowing tweaking of CPU errors, abilities, etc. as well as Human's. I know some games have this to allow more in-depth customization of the gameplay per user. I read in one of the posts were you were talking of tweaking the CPU code for gameplay, this is sort of what I am talking of sort of a in-depth difficulty setting.

There is nothing scripted in the game, that's what gives it a "real" feeling, but it means that the outcome depends on a complex system. So you wouldn't get parameters with a clear description. Also, giving access to parameters dealing with human gameplay would be an open door for online cheating.

Understood, the gameplay is pretty darn good as is. Keep up the great work, I am a member of Operation Sports and trying to spread the word of what a AWESOME game you have here. Hopefully you'll get a few more to check out your great work.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Agassi74 wrote:Understood, the gameplay is pretty darn good as is. Keep up the great work, I am a member of Operation Sports and trying to spread the word of what a AWESOME game you have here. Hopefully you'll get a few more to check out your great work.

I noticed the thread there. It has brought several visits to the site, which is always welcome.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:50 am

Really, what I was wondering was a kinda like a CPU slider in which one could tweak to their playing ability and as they improve they could adjust the CPU accordingly. One comment made by a OS member who purchased the game was the difficulty and being killed by the CPU (he sounded furstrated and ready to give up). I kinda understand where he was coming from (not from quiting, I absolutely adore the game), I play vs the CPU in season mode only and I'm lucky to win a game. I don't want to change the game just maybe some extra settings (accuracy, errors, etc..) to tweak the CPU to a level more in-tune to where myself as a noob are at.

I love everything about the game especially the difficulty and representation of Tennis that no other Tennis game can touch but would love to be able to maybe have a AI/CPU configuration file just to tweak the CPU to play a little closer to my ability. The in-game difficulty states that it tweaks the CPU aggressiveness in-game which I definitely see with pace of shot/going for winners but it's still difficult for Noobs like I mentioned and myself getting your butt kicked even on Easy. I understand what you said about the game just wondering about maybe an indepth config file just for CPU skill level if it's any way possible?

Loving the game kschoice and crew, keep up the great work.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:18 am

Agassi74 wrote:Really, what I was wondering was a kinda like a CPU slider in which one could tweak to their playing ability and as they improve they could adjust the CPU accordingly. One comment made by a OS member who purchased the game was the difficulty and being killed by the CPU (he sounded furstrated and ready to give up). I kinda understand where he was coming from (not from quiting, I absolutely adore the game), I play vs the CPU in season mode only and I'm lucky to win a game. I don't want to change the game just maybe some extra settings (accuracy, errors, etc..) to tweak the CPU to a level more in-tune to where myself as a noob are at.

I love everything about the game especially the difficulty and representation of Tennis that no other Tennis game can touch but would love to be able to maybe have a AI/CPU configuration file just to tweak the CPU to play a little closer to my ability. The in-game difficulty states that it tweaks the CPU aggressiveness in-game which I definitely see with pace of shot/going for winners but it's still difficult for Noobs like I mentioned and myself getting your butt kicked even on Easy. I understand what you said about the game just wondering about maybe an indepth config file just for CPU skill level if it's any way possible?

Loving the game kschoice and crew, keep up the great work.

The person you're talking about and I have actually been e-mailing and that helped me come up with several ideas to make the game more friendly to new users. I don't understand why you would want to put options in a file when there is a settings menu that is perfect for that purpose.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”