Qualifying for Tournaments?

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
PForsberg
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Qualifying for Tournaments?

Postby PForsberg » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:40 pm

How about qualifying rounds for the tournaments? Now even if I am ranked #150 i still get in the main field of every tournament just by a click. It would be nice an more realistic, if you had to qualify for a tournament when you are not ranked high enough. So you would have to choose wisely if you try to get in to a "500" tournament where your wuld have to qualify or if you take the "sure" "250" tournament where you get easily into the field but will get less championship points.

Another thing I would suggest are courts that are not a stadium for each tournament or et least each kind of surface. It is not very likely that is will play my first round game as #150 against the #12 seed at center court in wimbledon. More likely I would play on "Court No. 12" or so. The mentioned qualifiers could also be played on this courts.

Last thing: Will it be possible at any time to create new tournaments or even new seasons? So one could create his own "challenger series" or anything like that?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Qualifying for Tournaments?

Postby kschoice » Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:48 pm

PForsberg wrote:How about qualifying rounds for the tournaments? Now even if I am ranked #150 i still get in the main field of every tournament just by a click. It would be nice an more realistic, if you had to qualify for a tournament when you are not ranked high enough. So you would have to choose wisely if you try to get in to a "500" tournament where your wuld have to qualify or if you take the "sure" "250" tournament where you get easily into the field but will get less championship points.

Another thing I would suggest are courts that are not a stadium for each tournament or et least each kind of surface. It is not very likely that is will play my first round game as #150 against the #12 seed at center court in wimbledon. More likely I would play on "Court No. 12" or so. The mentioned qualifiers could also be played on this courts.

Last thing: Will it be possible at any time to create new tournaments or even new seasons? So one could create his own "challenger series" or anything like that?

Creating tournaments is something I want to allow. However, it needs some thought so that non-careful editing doesn't result in bugs.
About qualifying rounds, and overall season "fleshening", it would be a great time saver if players could compile information about competition formats (number of entrants, number of rounds, number of qualifiers, ranking points, etc...). I think I already said that elsewhere on the forum.

q. reese
Gold Boarder
Gold Boarder

Re: Qualifying for Tournaments?

Postby q. reese » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:33 pm

This takes time and needs volunteer or volunteers. Too bad there aren't any on-going tournaments on ITST's end, as this is the last tournament featured there http://www.intertopspintour.net/content ... l-2622.htm

This is a great game, and we need to get something up-and-running to encourage the social aspect of the game! I think we can do it!
Benefactor of ITST ('05-Present)
Founder, ITST's Top Spin 1 PC Doubles Tour ('05)
Former Host for ITST ('05-'07)
Former News Writer for ITST ('05-'07)
Former Player and Recruiter of PC Tours ('05-'10):
TS1 (MS, MSS, WS, and DS), TS2 (MS and WS), and DMT

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”