Simplest question about FullAce Demo

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
UdiHrant
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Simplest question about FullAce Demo

Postby UdiHrant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:54 pm

Sorry to have to ask this but I just downlaoded the Full Ace Demo and - is there any guide to the controller keys? (For instance a Logitech controller?)

I tried the tutorial but it just says 'hit the ball using topspin' but which button on the controller is topspin? I could reprogram the whole thing but don't want to mess up the default right away.

Thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Simplest question about FullAce Demo

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:58 pm

UdiHrant wrote:Sorry to have to ask this but I just downlaoded the Full Ace Demo and - is there any guide to the controller keys? (For instance a Logitech controller?)

I tried the tutorial but it just says 'hit the ball using topspin' but which button on the controller is topspin? I could reprogram the whole thing but don't want to mess up the default right away.

Thanks.

Problem is every controller has its own button numbers, therefore it is impossible for us to put up a configuration that would be appropriate on any controller. Actually, it is even impossible to tell the player which button to use on its controller as there is nothing we can call them (as opposed to a Xbox360 or PS3 pad where they are standard).
I can only advise you to use one line in the control configuration to panel to identify your button numbers and match them up, unless you can suggest a better solution.

UdiHrant
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby UdiHrant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:47 pm

I don't mind remapping a controller if that's what everyone is doing. The game itself looks great. So I guess the best thing to do is go through the tutorials and map my controller as I learn each skill. I just thought an example would be easier to start with since so many folks have logitech controllers to start with.

Thanks.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:49 pm

UdiHrant wrote:I don't mind remapping a controller if that's what everyone is doing. The game itself looks great. So I guess the best thing to do is go through the tutorials and map my controller as I learn each skill. I just thought an example would be easier to start with since so many folks have logitech controllers to start with.

Thanks.

Thanks for your input, maybe being able to remap controller buttons during the tutorial would help.

UdiHrant
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby UdiHrant » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:59 pm

AH - I know how to ask you my question - is there a list somewhere of which keyboard keys are the default mapping? That would get me started. I noticed some people saying that they play the game using a keyboard. So for instance - if my player moves to the right using the 'd' key I could map that to whatever i wanted on my controller.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:23 pm

UdiHrant wrote:AH - I know how to ask you my question - is there a list somewhere of which keyboard keys are the default mapping? That would get me started. I noticed some people saying that they play the game using a keyboard. So for instance - if my player moves to the right using the 'd' key I could map that to whatever i wanted on my controller.

Have you been to the settings menu, and then in the controls panel ? Each key is described whether you're using keyboard or pad.

UdiHrant
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby UdiHrant » Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:18 am

Hmmm in my version of the demo only a set of joystick buttons are listed...

Anyway I'm gettign the hang of it as there are not THAT many keys to map.

My main difficulty now is - the target indicator - (where you intyend to hit your shot) moves around with the same controls as your character - namely right, left, up, and down. How can you set you aim point and simultaneously move your character with the same contol?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:07 am

UdiHrant wrote:My main difficulty now is - the target indicator - (where you intyend to hit your shot) moves around with the same controls as your character - namely right, left, up, and down. How can you set you aim point and simultaneously move your character with the same contol?

There is no moment in the game where you simultaneously move your character and the aiming target. You only move the aiming target after you released your shot button, and until your player hits the ball, and during that time, your character's movement is automatic.

UdiHrant
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby UdiHrant » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:31 pm

AH! Very good then. Thank you for your patience with me. I LOVE the game and will buy it now.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”