Auto Download

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Auto Download

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Why does it no longer automatically download the necessary files to update the game? Instead I'm having to download the full game from my email and replace all the files manually to update to 3.4.2.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Auto Download

Postby kschoice » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:31 pm

Jay wrote:Why does it no longer automatically download the necessary files to update the game? Instead I'm having to download the full game from my email and replace all the files manually to update to 3.4.2.

That was never the case. Whenever it's possible we provide a small patch but in certain cases there are so many changes that it's easier to update the whole package.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:34 pm

kschoice wrote:
Jay wrote:Why does it no longer automatically download the necessary files to update the game? Instead I'm having to download the full game from my email and replace all the files manually to update to 3.4.2.

That was never the case. Whenever it's possible we provide a small patch but in certain cases there are so many changes that it's easier to update the whole package.

Oh it's a major update? I assumed it was a small one due to it being only a third point release :P. Thank you for the clarification and commitment to this project ;).

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:37 pm

Jay wrote:Oh it's a major update? I assumed it was a small one due to it being only a third point release :P. Thank you for the clarification and commitment to this project ;).

Choosing the new version number was actually tough. It's a major update in terms of changed files, not in regard to functionalities. I finally made my mind that functionalities are what matters most with version numbers.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”