Players availability

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
IvoKarlovic
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Players availability

Postby IvoKarlovic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:03 am

I am pondering about buying the full version and i would like to ask if it includes Ivo Karlovic? and whether the characteristic of the character match the real player. Thanks

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Players availability

Postby kschoice » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

IvoKarlovic wrote:I am pondering about buying the full version and i would like to ask if it includes Ivo Karlovic? and whether the characteristic of the character match the real player. Thanks

For legal issues, the game doesn't include any real character. However, it includes characters resembling real ones, and you can use the editor (which you can experiment with in the demo) to modify and create new characters in any way you like.

IvoKarlovic
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby IvoKarlovic » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I understand about the names but is there the same player with a different name in the database?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:22 pm

IvoKarlovic wrote:I understand about the names but is there the same player with a different name in the database?

Yes

Schaffinho
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Schaffinho » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:46 pm

IvoKarlovic wrote:I understand about the names but is there the same player with a different name in the database?

Take a look into your pm account. There's help on its way.

kenneth1976
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kenneth1976 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 am

Just bought the game. Looks great!!
Now I am editing players and tournaments to real names. Can imagine a lot of them. But I need some help: How do I really know who is who, and which is which?
Thank you.

jg90
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby jg90 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:55 pm

kenneth1976 wrote: How do I really know who is who, and which is which?

I've found that birthdays in the Full Ace database tend to match up with players' birthdays on the ATP website, so I just go through on a trial-and-error basis and edit the player names accordingly. Of course as the players get less familiar down the rankings this will take more time (and it also will be less obvious which player is which). So yeah, each player corresponds with a player in game, just the names have been changed to avoid legal issues.

I hope it's OK for me to mention this on the forum :oops:.

kenneth1976
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kenneth1976 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:24 am

jg90 wrote:
kenneth1976 wrote: How do I really know who is who, and which is which?

I've found that birthdays in the Full Ace database tend to match up with players' birthdays on the ATP website, so I just go through on a trial-and-error basis and edit the player names accordingly. Of course as the players get less familiar down the rankings this will take more time (and it also will be less obvious which player is which). So yeah, each player corresponds with a player in game, just the names have been changed to avoid legal issues.

I hope it's OK for me to mention this on the forum :oops:.

That's very good thinking jg90! I will do exactly that. What do you do with the tournaments?
Thank you very much for your help.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:07 am

Don't forget that players, tournaments, and stadiums are stored in the Data/data.fas file, therefore you can easily share it between Full Ace users.

kenneth1976
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby kenneth1976 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:26 am

kschoice wrote:Don't forget that players, tournaments, and stadiums are stored in the Data/data.fas file, therefore you can easily share it between Full Ace users.

Yes, will keep this in mind. Thank you for your help!

jg90
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby jg90 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:58 am

kschoice wrote:Don't forget that players, tournaments, and stadiums are stored in the Data/data.fas file, therefore you can easily share it between Full Ace users.

I didn't know about this previously, thanks!

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”