New Donation Request

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

New Donation Request

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:18 am

I think the donation request mentioned in the email to registered users is a good idea, but I think to attract more donations it might be a good idea to give us a hint of what you have planned for future versions.

Is that possible?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Donation Request

Postby kschoice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:55 am

Hello

Among the next improvements would be :

_ Season mode extended to career mode. Not only being able to play several seasons in a row, but stamina and evolution of player stats would be handled.
_ Gameplay tuning
_ Improving the "TV experience" : more info on screen during games, etc...
_ Things approved in the Suggestions thread
_ Doubles

If we could settle a steady rhythm of sales, we could also set up a home motion capture environment, to re-record game animations.
This comes up with a certain cost, and in this regard, while donations are strongly appreciated, finding ways to promote the game is crucial. If you can bring other people to try and appreciate Full Ace, it is highly valuable for the future.

Malcolmp
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby Malcolmp » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:42 pm

Thanks. That's a nice list of improvements. The Davis Cup would be fun as well, but that obviously has to come after you add doubles.

Speaking of spreading the word about the game, I notice that there is no mention of Full Ace Tennis on Gamespot UK or Euorgamer. Can you send them the game to review? Gamespot UK has a page for Dream March Tennis.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:10 pm

Malcolmp wrote:Thanks. That's a nice list of improvements. The Davis Cup would be fun as well, but that obviously has to come after you add doubles.

Speaking of spreading the word about the game, I notice that there is no mention of Full Ace Tennis on Gamespot UK or Euorgamer. Can you send them the game to review? Gamespot UK has a page for Dream March Tennis.

I had contacted major websites, including Gamespot and Eurogamer, at the original release. From most of them I had no answer. I am wondering whether it would have more success if fans would try to contact those medias inquiring why there is no mention of the game.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:10 pm

kschoice wrote:Hello

Among the next improvements would be :

_ Season mode extended to career mode. Not only being able to play several seasons in a row, but stamina and evolution of player stats would be handled.
_ Gameplay tuning
_ Improving the "TV experience" : more info on screen during games, etc...
_ Things approved in the Suggestions thread
_ Doubles

If we could settle a steady rhythm of sales, we could also set up a home motion capture environment, to re-record game animations.
This comes up with a certain cost, and in this regard, while donations are strongly appreciated, finding ways to promote the game is crucial. If you can bring other people to try and appreciate Full Ace, it is highly valuable for the future.

Please consider fixing some issues and some tweaks before adding new features, such as:

1) The slice smash (it's more like a lob disguised as a smash when I think it should be like a slice serve).
2) More responsive volleying -- Sometimes the player misses the ball completely, i.e. the ball passes through the player when a volley shot is attempted.
3) Ball bounce physics -- Apparently the ball never bounces higher than the point of contact, which seems unrealistic especially when hitting a smash or a shallow ball at an acute angle. If hit with enough force (power shot) at acute angles, the ball would surely bounce higher than the strike point's height.

fabsan
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby fabsan » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:41 pm

Jay wrote:Please consider fixing some issues and some tweaks before adding new features, such as:

1) The slice smash (it's more like a lob disguised as a smash when I think it should be like a slice serve).
2) More responsive volleying -- Sometimes the player misses the ball completely, i.e. the ball passes through the player when a volley shot is attempted.
3) Ball bounce physics -- Apparently the ball never bounces higher than the point of contact, which seems unrealistic especially when hitting a smash or a shallow ball at an acute angle. If hit with enough force (power shot) at acute angles, the ball would surely bounce higher than the strike point's height.

I'm looking forward to every new feature, but I agree with Jay, that the small weaknesses about the gameplay should not be forgotten. I would be happy if those would be fixed at first. For me, gameplay is the most important part of the game. Much more important than better graphics or animations.

A further gameplay-issue - for example - would be to fix the lob physics. At the moment, it seems not to be possible to place any Lob out behind the baseline. That feels a little bit unrealistic. There are some other small gameplay-aspects, but I think they all were mentioned before, in suggestions-thread or in other treads.

Anyway: I love the game as it is now, and the last major update was a phantastic progress. If the game's development continues as before, I've no doubt that kschoice will make the best possible out of it. Thanks again for your work!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:05 pm

I am currently working on a gameplay update, trying to fix the annoying issues as well as introducing new things.
For the development to keep continuing as before, it is crucial that you help us by promoting the game in any means you may think of.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 am

kschoice wrote:I am currently working on a gameplay update, trying to fix the annoying issues as well as introducing new things.
For the development to keep continuing as before, it is crucial that you help us by promoting the game in any means you may think of.

Slice "smash" is still broken :(

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”