New Service Animation

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

New Service Animation

Postby Jay » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:10 pm

Nice new serve animation! The motion looks kind of jerky and robotic but it's definitely a step in the right direction. The old one looked more fake but was more fluid, keep it up!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: New Service Animation

Postby kschoice » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Jay wrote:Nice new serve animation! The motion looks kind of jerky and robotic but it's definitely a step in the right direction. The old one looked more fake but was more fluid, keep it up!

Thanks

Hami
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Postby Hami » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 pm

I have trouble to get used to it.
Could it be possible to have the choice of the serve move in the editor. This way, it would create variety among the players.

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:22 am

Love the new service motion and looking forward to even more for all the different shots. Like Hami said being able to give players in the data base different animations for serve, Forehand, Backhand would add some variety to the players.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:49 pm

Modifying and creating animations by hand is a very slow process, and also very frustrating as the results always seem a little off.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:15 am

kschoice wrote:Modifying and creating animations by hand is a very slow process, and also very frustrating as the results always seem a little off.

I know what you mean but you should never underestimate the modder community, take a look at for example NBA 2K12. Some modders actually decoded the proprietary animation/texture file formats which they took advantage of to create new running animations/clothing etc and encorporate it into the game. The modder community are the hardcore fans that are willing to spend obscene amounts of time to perfect their creations, they have the passion and patience for such things.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:42 am

Jay wrote:
kschoice wrote:Modifying and creating animations by hand is a very slow process, and also very frustrating as the results always seem a little off.

I know what you mean but you should never underestimate the modder community, take a look at for example NBA 2K12. Some modders actually decoded the proprietary animation/texture file formats which they took advantage of to create new running animations/clothing etc and encorporate it into the game. The modder community are the hardcore fans that are willing to spend obscene amounts of time to perfect their creations, they have the passion and patience for such things.

I'm all for modding, as you can probably tell by now. With animations (as for 3D models), there are some issues as some resources are created using some tricks to achieve certain things in the game, so those would be difficult to modify. However, I think I could design a system that would allow modders to modify the game's anims and see the results within the game (also allowing me to incorporate them in the game).
As anything, it's a bit of work so I would really need to to know there is at least a handful of people who are really motivated to take advantage of it.

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 pm

I definitely am, I've had experience with maya and 3ds max animations before so hopefully that would help

Agassi74
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Agassi74 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Jay wrote:I definitely am, I've had experience with maya and 3ds max animations before so hopefully that would help

Me too, although unlike Jay I'm not used to working with animations I'm definetly interested in learning.
aka "MissionMaximus"

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:08 pm

Jay wrote:I definitely am, I've had experience with maya and 3ds max animations before so hopefully that would help

How would you feel about working with anims in the BVH format ?

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Yup that would be fine, I am familiar with that system :D. In fact, I'm not familiar with much else :wink:

Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Postby Jay » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:33 am

Agassi74 wrote:

Me too, although unlike Jay I'm not used to working with animations I'm definetly interested in learning.

You should look up blender if kschoice implements a system

solarisaint
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby solarisaint » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:44 pm

The new serve looks great! you've' added a zoom to net, looks really good
Nice job. :D

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 pm

solarisaint wrote:The new serve looks great! you've' added a zoom to net, looks really good
Nice job. :D

Welcome back solarisaint !

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”