Evolve Lighting

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Jay
Platinum Boarder
Platinum Boarder

Evolve Lighting

Postby Jay » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:26 pm

It sounds cool but what is it? :O

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Evolve Lighting

Postby kschoice » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:29 pm

It's the fact that lighting changes along time outdoors. It's been in the game for a while but the option to deactivate it is more recent.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:44 am

Do you plan to make the progression of the shadows more fluid ? It's also a bit weird that the shadows even 'jump' between first and second serves... :wink:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am

PatrickR wrote:Do you plan to make the progression of the shadows more fluid ? It's also a bit weird that the shadows even 'jump' between first and second serves... :wink:

Shadows jump between first and second serve because there is a "cut" in the action and there was an ellipsis of several seconds in the actual action of the game. Apart from cuts, you may see that shadows evolve in a fluid manner.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:15 am

Hm, I'm not totally convinced that shadows will progress that much during a span of let's say five or at most ten seconds between serves so that you can actually see a real difference. By the way, sometimes there is this animation of the player turning and looking like 'walking away' between first and second serves. Is this intentional or more of a random thing ?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:24 am

PatrickR wrote:Hm, I'm not totally convinced that shadows will progress that much during a span of let's say five or at most ten seconds between serves so that you can actually see a real difference.

Though at some point they do (position of the sun in the sky is computed with astronomical formulas). It may bother you in the game because the border is very clean and sharp, which it wouldn't be in real life.

PatrickR wrote:By the way, sometimes there is this animation of the player turning and looking like 'walking away' between first and second serves. Is this intentional or more of a random thing ?

It's the only animation I have right now for in-between points. I think it's better than the player staying idly.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 am

kschoice wrote:It may bother you in the game because the border is very clean and sharp, which it wouldn't be in real life.

Agreed. Just coming off Court No. 1 at the big W with a nice edgy roof shadow. :wink:

kschoice wrote:It's the only animation I have right now for in-between points. I think it's better than the player staying idly.

It's not bad between points although sometimes the player is heading into the wrong direction but I would rather leave it out between first and second serve. :)

kschoice wrote:Though at some point they do (position of the sun in the sky is computed with astronomical formulas).

Wow, interesting and presumably also quite complex with the different stadium architectures although you're not even taking into account the actual time of year and geolocation of the tournaments yet. But I suppose it's nevertheless not possible to play a match that has to be suspended due to darkness ? :mrgreen:

Milos011
Senior Boarder
Senior Boarder

Postby Milos011 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:52 am

PatrickR wrote:
It's not bad between points although sometimes the player is heading into the wrong direction but I would rather leave it out between first and second serve. :)

I agree with this....animation between first and second serve is not realistic.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:53 am

PatrickR wrote:Wow, interesting and presumably also quite complex with the different stadium architectures although you're not even taking into account the actual time of year and geolocation of the tournaments yet. But I suppose it's nevertheless not possible to play a match that has to be suspended due to darkness ? :mrgreen:

Actually, the game database includes latitude and longitude and uses the week of the tournament to compute the sun formula.
There is no match suspension in Full Ace. Seems like a very optional feature to me.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:07 pm

kschoice wrote:Actually, the game database includes latitude and longitude and uses the week of the tournament to compute the sun formula.

Oh, really ? My parents were on holiday about a month ago at Belek, Turkey (near Antalya) and told me afterwards that it got dark very quickly around 6 pm local time when they were playing golf. At the same time I was participating in one of those Future events in Turkey held at Antalya (week eight or nine) and had to play an evening match which finished somewhen after 9 pm and it was not really dark then. That's why I thought you wouldn't take these factors into account yet. :?:

kschoice wrote:There is no match suspension in Full Ace. Seems like a very optional feature to me.

So, Mahut and Isner better should not play Full Ace Tennis. :mrgreen:

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:16 pm

PatrickR wrote:Oh, really ? My parents were on holiday about a month ago at Belek, Turkey (near Antalya) and told me afterwards that it got dark very quickly around 6 pm local time when they were playing golf. At the same time I was participating in one of those Future events in Turkey held at Antalya (week eight or nine) and had to play an evening match which finished somewhen after 9 pm and it was not really dark then. That's why I thought you wouldn't take these factors into account yet. :?:

Latitude and longitude are associated with stadiums, and all outsider and future events use the 4 same stadiums (one for each, grass, clay, hard, indoor). Hence what I said doesn't apply to those events.

PatrickR
Junior Boarder
Junior Boarder

Postby PatrickR » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:21 pm

Ouch. Didn't think about that. :oops:

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”