New, with problem

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

New, with problem

Postby Dryhtscipe » Tue May 01, 2012 4:37 am

First up, hi everyone. :) Just bought the game today (after playing the demo a bit), and have run into a little problem... well, actually, a fairly big problem. I've tried to start a career three times now, and each time, I play in my first tournament just fine, but then after (I inevitably lose... heh) it does match calculations or somesuch for the tournaments that week... and promptly crashes.

Is this a known issue?

Hami
Expert Boarder
Expert Boarder

Re: New, with problem

Postby Hami » Tue May 01, 2012 9:39 am

Welcome !!!
Do you wait for the whole calculation to be over ? Do you switch window ? If you do so you have to wait a little bit for the game to be back on and not take in account the message "Full Ace does not respond". If this is another problem I'm not able to help you !

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue May 01, 2012 10:44 am

Dryhtscipe wrote:First up, hi everyone. :) Just bought the game today (after playing the demo a bit), and have run into a little problem... well, actually, a fairly big problem. I've tried to start a career three times now, and each time, I play in my first tournament just fine, but then after (I inevitably lose... heh) it does match calculations or somesuch for the tournaments that week... and promptly crashes.

Is this a known issue?

Please send your crash dmp file to the contact e-mail address at the bottom of http://www.fullacetennis.com

Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Dryhtscipe » Tue May 01, 2012 11:58 am

Hami wrote:Welcome !!!
Do you wait for the whole calculation to be over ? Do you switch window ? If you do so you have to wait a little bit for the game to be back on and not take in account the message "Full Ace does not respond". If this is another problem I'm not able to help you !

Yeah, this is exactly the issue ("Full Ace has stopped responding", which I took to mean a crash). I left it a while the last time on account of deciding it might not have actually crashed but was just doing too much work for the GUI to update, so I guess I'll try it longer next time.

If it doesn't work, I'll do what kschoice said (assuming there is a dmp file!). Thanks. :)

Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Dryhtscipe » Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 pm

Oh, and rather unrelated, but I don't want to start a new thread over it:

Why is it in practice mode there's no indicator when practicing serves as to whether your serve is in or out? I know I can visually sortof tell, but just for the purpose of improving it would be a massive aid to actually know I'm doing it better. I know this isn't strictly realistic, but, well, in RL, you would have a coach critiquing your serve style/technique anyway so I don't think it'd be too unrealistic.

Just seems... unnecessarily difficult, with having to not only learn the timings but also having to keep an eye on exactly where the ball bounces (which would be fine if I weren't looking down at the opposite side of the screen in order to see the power bar).

That also brings me to another point: displaying the power meter for the serve up on the other side of the screen might be an idea: that would be far more realistic, because it means we don't have to shift focus from what is in real terms a random spot of unrelated court on our own side of the net over to the opponent's side after every serve. I mean, if I'm really serving, I'm sure as hell not looking off-court to one side... it makes returning more difficult when I have to transition my focus over to the opposite side of the court after every serve, and it makes it harder to tell exactly where I'm aiming since I can't focus on both aim and power simultaneously.

Did that all make sense?

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Tue May 01, 2012 2:27 pm

Dryhtscipe wrote:Yeah, this is exactly the issue ("Full Ace has stopped responding", which I took to mean a crash). I left it a while the last time on account of deciding it might not have actually crashed but was just doing too much work for the GUI to update, so I guess I'll try it longer next time.

If it doesn't work, I'll do what kschoice said (assuming there is a dmp file!). Thanks. :)

The next release will include a fix that will hopefully sort out this issue.

Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Dryhtscipe » Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

Yeah, it worked fine after I just waited longer. :)

Usual experience is that when a process stops responding in that way, it's dead, so that was why I didn't wait longer before.

Minor though. Have to say, great game. Really enjoying it. I nearly broke a top ranking player's serve today! Hurrah!

Now if someone would just make a really good golf game with a true swing style control, I could die happy. :D

EDIT: The update today fixed the issue. :) Nice work!

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed May 02, 2012 3:48 pm

Dryhtscipe wrote:EDIT: The update today fixed the issue. :) Nice work!

No problem. Thanks for the feedback.

Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Dryhtscipe » Wed May 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Most welcome. :)

While I'm posting, I did also notice one other thing but I can't actually confirm it yet, since it was just in passing: it appears that in replays, the speed reading on the speed board thingie displays the speed of the current serve. That is, if the replay is starting as the player serves the ball, it already displays the speed of that serve, as opposed to showing the speed of the prior serve, and then updating to the current service.

Did that make sense?

It's really minor but I keep feeling like that's happening. Since I'm sorta busy playing I'm not 100% sure; I'd need to actually save a replay at some stage or something to be sure. Unfortunately the game is too fun. I get too distracted to remember. ;)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Dryhtscipe wrote:Most welcome. :)

While I'm posting, I did also notice one other thing but I can't actually confirm it yet, since it was just in passing: it appears that in replays, the speed reading on the speed board thingie displays the speed of the current serve. That is, if the replay is starting as the player serves the ball, it already displays the speed of that serve, as opposed to showing the speed of the prior serve, and then updating to the current service.

Did that make sense?

It's really minor but I keep feeling like that's happening. Since I'm sorta busy playing I'm not 100% sure; I'd need to actually save a replay at some stage or something to be sure. Unfortunately the game is too fun. I get too distracted to remember. ;)

That is right. Same thing can be noticed about ball marks on court and maybe other things. I think it's too much hassle fixing such minor problems for now.

Dryhtscipe
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Dryhtscipe » Wed May 02, 2012 5:33 pm

Fair enough! :)

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”