Hi from another new player and a quick question..

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
Urgentemente
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Hi from another new player and a quick question..

Postby Urgentemente » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

Just thought I'd say Hi, couldn't see a "Say Hello" forum topic, so apologies if this is a bit out of place!

I only found out about the game yesterday, just randomly thought "I wonder if there are any good tennis games for the PC these days..", downloaded the demo, liked it, bought the full game tonight.

It does a really good job of mirroring my real-world tennis skills - i.e I'm hopeless at it, but I enjoy it (haven't picked up a racket for real since I was about 16 , and that's about 24 years ago...)

One quick question, I tried it first using a fighting joystick panel with 8 buttons, and tho the control was OK, I did wonder if analog would be better, so tonight I tried my old analog PS2 pad through a converter, and the movement seems easier to control with the thumb stick (not suprisingly), but I'm wondering if the aiming is as expected. With the joystick it was kind of selecting one of a number of predefined areas, is it meant to be the same when using an analog stick, or should I be able to place the aim point cursor more precisely?

It would be good if we could get the game some more exposure, surely right now is the ideal time with the French Open on TV, and Queens & Wimbledon starting soon. Have you ever thought about using Steam or similar as a distribution channel (apologies if that's been asked before).

Congratulations on a great game, hopefully at some point I'll get good enough to play somone online, until then, practise practise practise,hehe

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Hi from another new player and a quick question..

Postby kschoice » Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:45 am

Urgentemente wrote:One quick question, I tried it first using a fighting joystick panel with 8 buttons, and tho the control was OK, I did wonder if analog would be better, so tonight I tried my old analog PS2 pad through a converter, and the movement seems easier to control with the thumb stick (not suprisingly), but I'm wondering if the aiming is as expected. With the joystick it was kind of selecting one of a number of predefined areas, is it meant to be the same when using an analog stick, or should I be able to place the aim point cursor more precisely?

Yes, you should be able to move the aiming target as you wish with an analog stick.

Urgentemente wrote:It would be good if we could get the game some more exposure, surely right now is the ideal time with the French Open on TV, and Queens & Wimbledon starting soon. Have you ever thought about using Steam or similar as a distribution channel (apologies if that's been asked before).

We are always trying to widen the game's exposures on different markets. Something should happen soon in this regard. Other than that, you can bring exposure by using our facebook page, posting videos of the game on youtube, etc...

Urgentemente wrote:Congratulations on a great game, hopefully at some point I'll get good enough to play somone online, until then, practise practise practise,hehe

Thank you. Enjoy !

Urgentemente
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Urgentemente » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:54 pm

kschoice wrote:
Urgentemente wrote: With the joystick it was kind of selecting one of a number of predefined areas, is it meant to be the same when using an analog stick, or should I be able to place the aim point cursor more precisely?

Yes, you should be able to move the aiming target as you wish with an analog stick.

The left thumbstick is definately showing analog responses in windows, it's not just On/Off for directions, but proportional as I'd expect.
I'll try some more practise, maybe it's just my lack of skill :lol:

Urgentemente
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Urgentemente » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:34 am

I know this was 9 months ago, but I didn't have much time to play FullAce after my purchase, until this week when I have started again.
Went through all the tutorials and getting better...slowly! LOL

I can confirm that the control is fine, now I can aim much much better in relation to the thumbstick position, no idea why it wasn't like that on my first install (I reinstalled FA as I've done a clean windows install recently as well).

I still need a LOT of practise, right now I'm afraid I'm using the slow balls, playing against the bottom ranked player and even using auto-prepare temporarily whilst I get used to making shots, but it's fun and I'm no longer losing 6-0 6-0 :)

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:34 am

Urgentemente wrote:I know this was 9 months ago, but I didn't have much time to play FullAce after my purchase, until this week when I have started again.
Went through all the tutorials and getting better...slowly! LOL

I can confirm that the control is fine, now I can aim much much better in relation to the thumbstick position, no idea why it wasn't like that on my first install (I reinstalled FA as I've done a clean windows install recently as well).

I still need a LOT of practise, right now I'm afraid I'm using the slow balls, playing against the bottom ranked player and even using auto-prepare temporarily whilst I get used to making shots, but it's fun and I'm no longer losing 6-0 6-0 :)

This is good news, thank you for that feedback.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”