Serving Tips

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
clew1
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Serving Tips

Postby clew1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Hi, I am fairly new to the game, I have only had it for a few days now. First off I am really enjoying the game overall. Next I was wondering if anyone has some tips for improving serve consistency. Right now during some games I might miss 8 or 10 consecutive serves. I get the feeling I am missing something. I am just aiming for the very middle of my opponents receiving area, but still a very high portion of time I end up getting a net ball or wildly over serving. I try to to match the line on the power gauge but I am struggling greatly. Any tips would be appreciated. I figure overtime I will get better, but right now I feel like I am randomly hitting buttons while serving and hoping for the best.

clew1
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Re: Serving Tips

Postby clew1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 am

I am stumped, I have tried watching my players form to judge when to follow through, I have tried watching the power gauge to figure it out, but everything I do seems counter productive. Anyway I am actually getting worse, I just finished a match with 40 double faults.

Shashi
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby Shashi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:34 am

Hi Clew,

I have trouble as well but i figured out that serving down the middle is the best only let the red serve gauge go to half move the taget reticle to the centre "NOT Down" and hit when it drops to green. The good part of using only half red bar is if you don't get the hit at the green and falls into yellow its ok the margin for error is pretty good. Also check out your opponent as they usually have a weakness, FH, BH or into the body.

Hope that helps and practice heaps :D

Regards
S

clew1
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby clew1 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 pm

I actually started watching my players release point of the ball, and judging when to follow through based on that. I practiced for about an hour and in my next game cut my double faults from 40 to 10. Hopefully its not a fluke.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”