Bug report: Challenging an ace

This is the place to talk about all aspects about the game.
xupisco
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Bug report: Challenging an ace

Postby xupisco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:11 am

Hello.

I shot an ace that was called out. I challenged it and it was confirmed that the ball was in. Instead of receiving the point, it was called first serve. This shouldn't happen, since it was an ace.

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Bug report: Challenging an ace

Postby kschoice » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am

Did you save a replay of that action ?

xupisco
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby xupisco » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 am

No, unfortunately I didn't.

djskoal
Fresh Boarder
Fresh Boarder

Postby djskoal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:53 pm

the same as in real life tennis, when a serve that is called "out" is challenged and then called "in", it is left to the discretion of the chair ump whether to award the player serving with a point or a re-serve. This depends on whether the chair ump feels the opponent would have had a play on the original serve had it not been called "out" (the chair must give all benefit of the doubt to the opponent in this decision).

Playing the demo version of FA, I have experienced both sides on serve-challenge reversials - most times u get the point, but I have also just got the serve back...no in-game bug, but definetly a bug that real-life tennis itself has to work out...

kschoice
Administrator
Administrator

Postby kschoice » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:01 pm

djskoal wrote:the same as in real life tennis, when a serve that is called "out" is challenged and then called "in", it is left to the discretion of the chair ump whether to award the player serving with a point or a re-serve. This depends on whether the chair ump feels the opponent would have had a play on the original serve had it not been called "out" (the chair must give all benefit of the doubt to the opponent in this decision).

Playing the demo version of FA, I have experienced both sides on serve-challenge reversials - most times u get the point, but I have also just got the serve back...no in-game bug, but definetly a bug that real-life tennis itself has to work out...

Yes, for example, you can imagine a rather slow serve that would be called out. Once the receiver hears the call, he doesn't bother hitting the ball. If after that there is a successful challenge from the server, it is logical that he has to serve again.

Return to “General Full Ace discussions”